Author Topic: Do You Have Your Christmas/Holiday Shopping Finished Yet?  (Read 18486 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Do You Have Your Christmas/Holiday Shopping Finished Yet?
« on: December 09, 2008, 03:48:18 pm »
I'm about 75% finished. There's a lot of bargains out there right now, due to the struggling economy. I found some Barbie dolls for under $10 at Wal-Mart (for my niece, NOT for me! ;)  ). Normally they sell for $15-$20.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
Re: Do You Have Your Christmas/Holiday Shopping Finished Yet?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 03:53:16 pm »
Almost finished!  I tend to buy things for people throughout the year and put them away for Christmas.  Just have to remember where I put them.

David, you can have a Barbie if you want!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 04:07:43 pm »
David, you can have a Barbie if you want!

I bet he'd rather have a Johnny West cowboy.  ;D

And you can easily add to your Big Jim collection on eBay.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 04:32:41 pm »
I voted "haven't even started yet". That's not completely true, but it comes closest. I have two presents at the moment, and in relation to the number of presents I need, that's nothing.
All together I have about 20 people to give a present to; 13 of them are children. Yup, we're a big family.
Three of the kids are mine and will get more than one present.

Years ago, when our generation started having kids, we stopped giving presents among us friends, in-laws, siblings, cousins, etc. This means our generation. But we still give presents to the younger generation and to the elder one.
I think this is a good solution, otherwise it would be too much.

It still IS much, but I love my big family and enjoy it immensly to come together at Christmas time.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 06:06:33 pm »
Started today.  Bought two gifts.  One is a Santa ridiing a Harley singing born to be wild 1968, and another little gadget.  Both for BOB.  YAY!   I love Christmas shopping so much.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 10:00:22 am »
almost finished!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 10:07:51 am »
I thought I was done, until my dad, who insisted at Thanksgiving that he did not want a new pair of gloves, has now decided that he would like a new pair of gloves. ...   >:(  :-\ :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 12:22:49 pm »
I haven't started yet, basically because I absolutely despise shopping.  I should have been born a man cause shopping is one of those stereotypically female traits that I just never picked up on.  It just makes me very tense, especially at Christmas time, when there's added pressure to pick just the right gifts for everybody.  Historically, I'm a Christmas-Eve speed shopper, which generally involves the 24-hour Walgreen's store as it's the only place still open that night.   :o

Also this year, I'm a little sad, as it'll be the first one I'm spending as an orphan, and I'll miss picking out things for my mom, as she, like me, was so easy to please and we had the same tastes.  A box of new pens from Office Max, a new scent of candle for her burner, a package of colored writing tablets, etc., and she would just giggle with delight when opening them.  Plus she always just gave me money the last few years, and sent me out shopping for myself beforehand, for things I wouldn't typically let myself indulge in, so that always felt like a special, pampering shopping trip for me.  Then she would wrap them all, and put them in odd-sized boxes, so as I was unwrapping on Christmas morn, I would still be surprised by what was inside.  What a dear, sweet, loving woman she was. 

Thankfully, I do have a new family of friends to share Christmas and the New Year with in 2008, and that's Fiona, Nigel, James, Matthew, Emma, Snowy, Rebo, Annie, and two playing-hard-to-get cats, whose names I never had to learn cause they just went past me in a flash of fur on my last visit.  Once I finally do get started shopping, it will be fun to buy pressies for that family, as each of them is so unique and interesting.  I really do need to get a move-on, though, as my flight leaves for Florida next Thursday morning at oh-dark-thirty, and I've got to figure out if whatever I decide to get for all of them, will fit in my luggage, or if I'll have to post it UPS from here and hope it arrives on time.  Knowing me, I'll wait till next Wednesday night, and then fill up the suitcase with the presents, and only be able to squeeze in one change of clothes for my 21-day visit.   :laugh:

Having said all that, I'm sure this will be one of my bestest holidays ever.  Plus getting to meet 5 Brokies for the first time, which just puts the cherry on top of the cake.   ;D
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 12:34:49 am »
Oh no !!!
I have not even started.Not one thing bought. I am really going to have to get my act together.Mum is not speaking to me, so that is one less.My friend Esti is going to get walnut shortbread. Kids all want money, easy peasy.Husband and self are having an IOU present.When we have money again, we will have a day away just the 2 of us.

Brother and his family we have agreed due to economics to skip this year. Husbands family we stopped presents 2 years ago.
So it looks like I can do it all n a day.
Can't talk about the Mandy present as then she will not have a surprise !!!!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 12:33:02 am »
My shopping isn't done, but it's got a good dent in it already.

:)

Catalogs and online shopping are a wonderful thing!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!