Author Topic: OMG, I've been logged in 100 days!!! How about you?  (Read 132229 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: OMG, I've been logged in 100 days!!! How about you?
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2009, 10:34:15 am »
Nope, I'm 93:15:52.

LOL, it's interesting to realize that time logged does not necessarily equate to rate of posting since you have about 900 more posts than me.  ;D 

I'm guessing that one of the reasons I have a high time log is that I often sit here at work with BetterMost minimized.  So, I'm not really active, but I am technically online.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2009, 10:48:02 am »
I'm 49 days, 9 hours and 6 minutes.

Loong way to go!!!

I think we had this convo before about a screen being minimised and whether that counted as active & time logged in. Did we not work out that the time clockd out if youhave been inactive for more than a couple of minutes... ie stayed on the same page?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Online CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2009, 08:40:55 pm »
I'm getting closer.

;D

82 days, 21 hours and 50 minutes.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

retropian

« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2009, 09:38:51 pm »
LOL. I've been logged in 4 days 9hrs and 52min, after 3years. ;D

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2009, 10:30:26 pm »
LOL. I've been logged in 4 days 9hrs and 52min, after 3years. ;D

Well, you've got some catching up to do, is all.   ;)

I'm still at 97:20:57, so I missed the mark of 100 hours by my 3rd anniversary 3/1...I don't see how; I'm constantly on here.  I wonder if chat time counts?

Lynne
 8)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2009, 05:05:24 am »
Chat time doesn't count, I don't think.

To recap the answer to that age-old question: the BetterMost system logs you out if you have been inactive for 15 minutes.  You can watch it happen on the "Who's Online" page.  When someone reaches the 15 minute mark of being on the same page, they disappear.  So if you were dancing in the middle of your room, and every 14 minutes and 55 seconds you went over and clicked on a BetterMost page, but then went back to dancing, and kept doing that every 14 minutes and 55 seconds, it would look like you were on here all day long, even if you didn't read or write a thing.  But I don't think most of us do that.  I think that mostly, we can't use the "I keep it minimized on my desktop" claim.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2009, 09:36:13 am »
That's why I'm surprised I'm behind some folks. I'm at my computer all day, I don't have a boss watching over me, and I feel like I'm on here constantly, to the point that when people see a post of mine they go, "Not HER again!  ::)"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2009, 09:41:34 am »
Chat time doesn't count, I don't think.

To recap the answer to that age-old question: the BetterMost system logs you out if you have been inactive for 15 minutes.  You can watch it happen on the "Who's Online" page.  When someone reaches the 15 minute mark of being on the same page, they disappear.  So if you were dancing in the middle of your room, and every 14 minutes and 55 seconds you went over and clicked on a BetterMost page, but then went back to dancing, and kept doing that every 14 minutes and 55 seconds, it would look like you were on here all day long, even if you didn't read or write a thing.  But I don't think most of us do that.  I think that mostly, we can't use the "I keep it minimized on my desktop" claim.

I think this is pretty much my story.  If I'm sitting at my desk I flip BetterMost on and off (or minimized/not-minimized) very frequently, but certainly at irregular intervals.  And, sometimes I just take a quick glance or refresh a page or jump to a new forum, etc. and then minimize again.  No dancing in the middle of the room for me though.

It's things like this that make me realize just how addicted I really am to BetterMost.  It gets me through the day. 

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2009, 11:20:17 am »
Ive been logged in 47 days, 2 hours and 13 minutes.   It seems like it should be longer.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2009, 11:42:14 am »
No dancing in the middle of the room for me though.

If I danced in the middle of the room, I'd be better off -- at least I'd be getting exercise.