Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858882 times)

Offline ReneeM06

• Don't Say Much
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #1050 on: April 20, 2008, 01:30:56 pm »
Hello everone,

I'm a 17-year-old female Brokie from Dordrecht in the Netherlands. I first saw Brokeback Mountain when I watched a couple of Heath Ledger films with some friends after he died, as a sort of memorial. I liked BBM but wasn't really blown away by it. Some time after HL died, I became a fan of his work and borrowed BBM from a friend, watched it again (alone this time, which might have helped) and fell absolutely in love with it. I wanted to talk and read more about it so I went to IMDb to the message board of BBM where I found a link to this site. This was all yesterday and I became a member only a couple of minutes ago. I love the deep discussions on this board and how it's a lot more civilized than the IMDb boards.

I've now seen BBM three times and I'm saving up for my own 2-disc edition. I can get pretty obsessed with things and people can get quite fed up with me so a forum like this is ideal for me. Luckily, I have also infected my parents last night with the "Brokback flu" which is a relief cause they normally don't like what I love so it's great to be able to talk to them about it.

I hope to read many more interesting opinions and views on this forum.

Love,

Renee
There ain't no reins on this one.
Mi Ta Kens

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1051 on: April 20, 2008, 01:46:29 pm »
Welcome to Bettermost, Wyoming, Renee, Monika, skola, elomelo, and all!

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mvansand76

« Reply #1052 on: April 20, 2008, 03:11:01 pm »
Hello everone,

I'm a 17-year-old female Brokie from Dordrecht in the Netherlands. I first saw Brokeback Mountain when I watched a couple of Heath Ledger films with some friends after he died, as a sort of memorial. I liked BBM but wasn't really blown away by it. Some time after HL died, I became a fan of his work and borrowed BBM from a friend, watched it again (alone this time, which might have helped) and fell absolutely in love with it. I wanted to talk and read more about it so I went to IMDb to the message board of BBM where I found a link to this site. This was all yesterday and I became a member only a couple of minutes ago. I love the deep discussions on this board and how it's a lot more civilized than the IMDb boards.

I've now seen BBM three times and I'm saving up for my own 2-disc edition. I can get pretty obsessed with things and people can get quite fed up with me so a forum like this is ideal for me. Luckily, I have also infected my parents last night with the "Brokback flu" which is a relief cause they normally don't like what I love so it's great to be able to talk to them about it.

I hope to read many more interesting opinions and views on this forum.

Love,

Renee

Hoi Renee! Welkom op Bettermost! Mede-Brokie hier, ook uit Nederland! Leuk dat je hier bent en heel veel plezier! Als je vragen hebt kun je die altijd aan mij stellen of een van de andere moderators!

Liefs, Mel

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1053 on: April 20, 2008, 04:14:24 pm »
welcome!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1054 on: April 20, 2008, 07:20:57 pm »
Welcome to Bettermost Renee! I thought about typing something in Dutch, but I figured I would only end up embarrassing myself. It happens enough as it is, so I probably shouldn't tempt fate. ;) :D

I have a friend from Dordrecht. He is going to college here in Indianapolis! It's a small world, isn't it? Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you! I'll be happy to help. :D

hi there. I´m Monika and I´m a Swedish BBM fan. Been registered here for a month or so but are still finding my way around. Currently recides in Umeå in the north but am soon moving back down south (hurray for civilisation). It feels good to be here

Hi Monika!! Welcome to Bettermost! :)

Hi I'm Shosha, I'm English, I have lurked for a long time, and have decided to actually register and post.

Welcome to Bettermost Skola! :)

Ha, not nosy at all.

I'm in Toronto which is in Canada and no, I haven't been here for very long - not even a week, actually.

I was a lurker too and finally registered a few days ago, and now feel much better.

If I can be nosy too, how about you? :)

Welcome to Bettermost Elomelo!! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ReneeM06

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #1055 on: April 21, 2008, 02:03:43 am »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

There ain't no reins on this one.
Mi Ta Kens

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1056 on: April 21, 2008, 11:02:32 am »

Welcome Renee!!

So glad you found your way here!

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline psyacoustic

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #1057 on: April 22, 2008, 11:41:34 pm »
Hello!

I have not plowed through much of the threads here yet to find out if I am unique or not! 

----Utmost candor rant to begin----
I am actually a relative of a longtime and prominent member here (who of course shall remain anonymous).  This individual includes none of their family members in activities surrounding the 'Brokeback Phenomenon' and related activities.  Although we hear he is gregarious and outgoing with others, with his family members, he is very reticent and closed.  I really wanted to see this community that has meant so much to him and actually have quite a bit of joy that he IS able to express how he feels to someone.  He has found many friends on these boards from various parts of the world, and it's great to see.  I'm hoping that by learning a bit of his world, it will help bring us as a family closer together.

So, as an introduction, I'll say that I'll be lurking and learning about your community, and hopefully as I understand the common bond you share, be able to speak without a newbie's gaff's!
-----Candor end-----

Thanks for reading!

PsyA.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1058 on: April 23, 2008, 12:04:11 am »

Welcome psyacoustic!  This was certainly an intriguing introductory post!  I hope you enjoy exploring our forums.
:)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1059 on: April 23, 2008, 12:07:49 pm »
Welcome from me too.
I think you will find people here have very big hearts.I talk of things here which I am unable to discuss with even my husband.Some is BBM related and some just things that I find easier to discuss with like minded people.
I have had some really helpful advice and also a lot of support.I would go so far as to say that on occasion it has almost been my salvation.I think you will find a lot of people here feel like that.