Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858751 times)

horo35

Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #440 on: November 04, 2006, 01:26:29 am »
Hello all.  Name is Andy, I'm new here.
Welcome Andy!  You'll find Bettermost has a "friendly & family atmosphere."  Lets just say its Better than Most other forums! ;)

Offline Noviani

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Best Love Story of All Time
« Reply #441 on: November 10, 2006, 01:28:07 am »
Hi everyone,

name is Novi, and i live in Bali, Indonesia. i heard of Brokeback first time in a relay of Oscar night, wondering what is this cowboy movie so special it takes up quite some most important nominations.  but then it was forgotten until last month.

not much of campaign on it in Indonesia, unles you really go through movie magazine which i don';t buy anymore (expensive). so one day i watched Oprah interviewing the cast, not very well performed, as she is usually gives smarter questions heartily ones. but Jake and Heath performance really makes me interested and i decided to rent the movie. then it happened.

a thousan of shock wave hitting me right on my face . this is it!! i want to wantch it again!! no othe rmovie ever makes me do.

i am hetero, got a husband i love for the world, and reason why Brokeback stick with me cause the story just kick. the love, the loneliness, the endurance, the gestures that replace a thousand word...

thanks to JPwagoneer 1964 for introducing me to this link!! ;)
"Sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it..."

I finally found an Indonesian-translated version of BBM short story!!!!!
Ye-haww!!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #442 on: November 10, 2006, 01:40:52 am »
Welcome, Noviani!!  I think you will find that Brokeback Mountain spoke to many of us much in way similar to what you experiened - I love how you put it:

the love, the loneliness, the endurance, the gestures that replace a thousand word...

Explore BetterMost to your heart's content, and jump in and post wherever you feel moved!  There are tons of threads in the Open Forum discussing pretty much every aspect of the movie.  And we never get tired of talking about it and hearing fresh perspectives.  Or start your own thread in Our Daily Thoughts and tell us about yourself ;).

If you have some time, go over to the frappr map (www.frappr.com/bettermost) and add yourself.  To my knowledge, you are our first member from Indonesia.

And thank you, Mark, for steering Noviana this way!

-Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline jakegyllenhaalic

• Don't Say Much
    • http://www.myspace.com/deebee_robthomasfan
« Reply #443 on: November 11, 2006, 10:48:06 pm »
Hello everyone ... so glad to find this site (thanks JakeWatch).  I'm Dee, I live close to Charlotte NC and I'm 40.  I originally went to see BBM for all the "hype" but I was not the same person as I exited the theatre ... it was a very touching movie and I love it ... the music, the actors, the cinematography, the story ... just amazing.  I also got to read the short story recently and I was even more in love with the movie after I read the story.  Glad to see there's a place here for BBM fans to get together.
Brokeback Mountain will touch every human being; whether it's a man with a man, a woman with a woman or a man with a woman, there isn't one person on this earth who cannot associate with some aspect of the movie.  Brokeback got me good ...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #444 on: November 12, 2006, 03:59:39 pm »
Welcome Andy, Noviani, and Jakegyllenhallic! You'll have a cup of coffee, won'cha? Piece of cherry cake??
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Noviani

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #445 on: November 16, 2006, 04:22:47 am »
Thank Lynn!

Hi FR, just had some slices of mango. in season now here.

just want to drop a note in the Thank You departement up in heaven, for this site and all its donators.

i like the atmosphere.

Ye-haww!!

Offline calenloss

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #446 on: November 27, 2006, 01:43:57 am »
Hey guys, my name's Andrew, 22 year old Scot living in England - training to be a doc.

Saw BBM for trhe first time tonight, my flatmate rented it out from the store across the road. I have to admit, I'd been avoiding it for quite some time - partly coz I didn't want to be disappointed and partly because a few of my friends warned me that (knowing me and my feelings on all things LGBT) it would knock me for 6.

They were right.

I can't believe just how much this film moved me. By the end, apart from being very upset, I was shaking. I don't think I can really do my feelings about it justice with merely my words.

Such a beautiful portrayal, I think every critic has noted the astounding cinematography used throughout. Until tonight, bizarrely, I realised that no film has ever touched me in this way because it's been the first film I have truly been able to relate to. Love stories between a man and a woman I can understand & empathise with, but in the same gesture that most straight people I know freely admit to knowing they couldn't fully understand (since they are also too young to grasp the gravity of lifelong regrets) the whole message, I could never draw a true personal comparison. My own sexuality is a powerful force upon my life, which I embracer as I must feel strongly about it./think about it so much for a reason.

The fact that this story probably has, in some way, shape or form, been happening to men around the world for ages is an additional twist in the sadness it provokes. Not only men, but all forms of "forbidden" loves: mixed-race, mixed-class etc.

I know this will have a profound effect on my life, I'm so glad I saw it.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #447 on: November 27, 2006, 01:56:46 am »

The fact that this story probably has, in some way, shape or form, been happening to men around the world for ages is an additional twist in the sadness it provokes. Not only men, but all forms of "forbidden" loves: mixed-race, mixed-class etc.

That's the larger tragedy, isn't it?  Andrew, I'm glad you're here and look forward to your next posts. :)  Elle

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #448 on: November 27, 2006, 01:57:38 am »
Welcome To BetterMost Andrew!

Everyone here was affected by Brokeback Mountain the same way you were. You will fit right in!

Don't be shy. If you feel like posting to a thread, jump right in. We don't bite here!  :)

You'll be making friends in no time at all.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Noviani

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #449 on: November 27, 2006, 02:24:14 am »
HI ANDREW, NICE TO HAVE YOU HERE.

surely we are all here for the same reason, the big punch on our guts after watching BBM.

looking forward to your posts.

suggest you visit Fantasy Scenes , and Lighter Side, and I love evertything Ennis or Jack....

I'll see you around

Ye-haww!!