Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858640 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #470 on: December 05, 2006, 01:38:06 pm »
Welcome Carla and Jerico!  Carla, it was nice talking with you in chat the other night.  Jerico, so nice to see you over here - I've enjoyed reading your posts at IMDb.

I'm gonna copy Carla's idea (imitation is the highest form of flattery, after all) and post a larger version of my (newish) avatar here since it's so small.

Nice to know ya both.  I think you'll find that it's some sweet life over here.
No more beans!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #471 on: December 05, 2006, 07:13:20 pm »
Barb nice pic!! And now, we break for an important message for our esteemed moderator latjoreme (katherine).

Congratz from all of us who love the Open Forum on your 2200th post!!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CarlaMom2

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #472 on: December 06, 2006, 08:30:06 am »
Great pic Barb.  LOL, I did that at first because I couldn't get the avitar thing figured out.  I do think it is nice to know the people you are chatting with, you know? 

Still go the fever everyone.  A sick daughter slowed me down a bit....(pnuemonia)  Someone wants to borrow my copy of the short story.  I am going to pretend like I keep forgetting!

mvansand76

« Reply #473 on: December 06, 2006, 09:13:07 am »
Still go the fever everyone.  A sick daughter slowed me down a bit....(pnuemonia)  Someone wants to borrow my copy of the short story.  I am going to pretend like I keep forgetting!

LOL, I always did the same thing, and ended up not lending it to them, but buying them their own copy!  ;D

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #474 on: December 06, 2006, 09:28:27 am »
Great pic of you, Carla!  What a lovely lady you are!  I think it's nice to have a mental picture of folks you're chatting with, too.  But then I've always been a very visual person - it's how my memory works.  I can remember every phone number I've ever had, and I do it by picturing the keypad and the sequence of the numbers being entered in.  I think that's why all us software developer geeks are good at coding and math and such, but not so good at listening.

ANYWAY...  I've also bought copies of the movie and the short story to just give to people, too, rather than lend them my own.  Hey, it's the gift that keeps on giving, and you never know when you want to take a little more from it.  Plus I feel like I'm supporting it all the more by throwing as much money at it as possible.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 10:31:40 am by ednbarby »
No more beans!

mvansand76

« Reply #475 on: December 06, 2006, 09:37:16 am »
Great pic of you, Carla!  What a lovely lady you are!  I think it's nice to have a mental picture folks you're chatting with, too.  But then I've always been a very visual person - it's how my memory works.  I can remember every phone number I've ever had, and I do it by picturing the keypad and the sequence of the numbers being entered in.  I think that's why all us software developer geeks are good at coding and math and such, but not so good at listening.

I am glad you decided to use your picture as your avatar! You look exactly like a friend of mine from my volunteer job!  ;D

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #476 on: December 06, 2006, 10:33:24 am »
I am glad you decided to use your picture as your avatar! You look exactly like a friend of mine from my volunteer job!  ;D

Cool!  What volunteer job do you do, again?
No more beans!

mvansand76

« Reply #477 on: December 06, 2006, 11:24:08 am »
As an editor for a magazine that the RSI patient association publishes for people with repetitive strain injury!  :)

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #478 on: December 06, 2006, 01:43:09 pm »
an important message for our esteemed moderator latjoreme (katherine). Congratz from all of us who love the Open Forum on your 2200th post!!!

Hey thanks, FRiend! You noticed before I did. And I LOVE the art!!

Barb, I've seen pictures of you before, but this one is particularly nice and clear. Thanks for posting it!

Carla, welcome to BetterMost! Your picture is very nice, too.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #479 on: December 06, 2006, 01:54:46 pm »
You're welcome! Say, CarlaMom2, when you say you've still got the fever, you mean Brokeback fever, right? If that's the case, I hope you never get better, only betterMost!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"