Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858818 times)

moremojo

Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #490 on: December 07, 2006, 11:24:10 am »
I work part time at a furniture store and I met another gay man who asked me out. I never would accept a date from anyone. BBM made me change my mind and I decided to take a chance. To make a long story short, we've been together 7 months now and very happy. If it wasn't for BBM, I would have never found my own Brokeback Mountain. Thanks Ennis! And Thanks to ANG LEE for showing everyone the isolation and the fear we experienced!
Thanks for sharing such a life-affirming story, vince. This miracle of a movie continues to work miracles in individual lives.

I notice from your profile that you've been a member since March, but this is your first post. Your voice is very welcome here! I think I recall seeing you around on the old board on IMDb. I don't visit there very much these days; BetterMost just seems more...well, better!

Cheers,
Scott

mvansand76

« Reply #491 on: December 07, 2006, 11:51:44 am »
Thanks for sharing such a life-affirming story, vince. This miracle of a movie continues to work miracles in individual lives.

I notice from your profile that you've been a member since March, but this is your first post. Your voice is very welcome here! I think I recall seeing you around on the old board on IMDb. I don't visit there very much these days; BetterMost just seems more...well, better!

Cheers,
Scott

You are so right, Scott, I sometimes sneak in there (imdb) and every time it scares the hell out of me and I quickly return to our safe bettermost!  ;D

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #492 on: December 07, 2006, 11:54:53 am »
Hey, Vince!  Good to see ya over here!  Been reading your posts over at IMDb and enjoying them very much.  :)  As I mentioned over there, I'm in South Florida, too, and know from the fun of being alone with Hurricane Wilma.  Sorry to hear of the tough time you went through during that, but I'm glad things are turning around in such a nice way for you.

Your kids are beautiful, Carla!  So much positive energy coming from their eyes.  They look like lovely old souls.

No more beans!

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #493 on: December 07, 2006, 12:00:09 pm »
Vince, I remember seeing your name for a long time too.  That's an extremely touching story.  I think it's really important to hear what it used to be like.

Carla, your children look peaceful and happy. 

I'm glad you are both here.  Both your stories are proof that some important things are heading in the right direction.

Welcome to BetterMost.  I've been here since March and love it.

Clarissa

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #494 on: December 07, 2006, 12:03:52 pm »
I was so happy to read your story, Vince, and so glad you posted it here! I hope to see you around often. In the full moon chat earlier this week we talked about the importance of not giving up on love, that it is worth the risk. So many coworkers and friends of mine who are single have given up. They substitute watching a movie or TV show, or turn to drugs or alcohol. That can not take the place of finding love, even if it's only for a short time--the two months that Jack and Ennis had.

I love the photo of your two children, Carla! If you want, I would be glad to show you how to make it fit in the frame better, like JakeTwist (Jane) showed me!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CarlaMom2

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #495 on: December 07, 2006, 12:51:29 pm »
I don't know what happened, my last attatchment fit in nicely.  Oh well..........You are right they are like old souls.  Especially, Sophia!

It's been a pleasure getting to know all of you.  I get a little overwhelmed at some of the posts that go into so much detail about the movie.  I think , "Wow I just loved the movie!  I must be blind or need to watch the movie more!"  I do enjoy reading them, though.  I have picked up alot of info from you all. 
Talk to you later, gotta go do a haircut!

Offline vince55

• Don't Say Much
  • Brokeback Got Us Good
« Reply #496 on: December 07, 2006, 10:44:14 pm »
Welcome To BetterMost Vince!!  :D

Thanks David.  Had to get off IMDB board.  Too many trolls.  This looks like a nice place.
Vince

(edilted to fix quotes)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 12:58:01 am by Ellemeno »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #497 on: December 08, 2006, 12:18:50 am »
Welcome to BetterMost Kerry!

What a wonderful post. I can personally relate to many things you wrote about. My lover (now my ex lover) revealed to me he was bisexual a few months ago. Of course, this relationship didn't work out, and he is busy trying to restart our failed relationship. (I attract bisexual men like flies for some reason). Anyway, welcome to BetterMost. I hope you enjoy this forum. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, and don't be shy. If you find a certain thread interesting, post something. Everyone is very friendly and helpful here.  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #498 on: December 08, 2006, 01:11:15 am »
Kerry, thank you so much for sharing that with us.  I can't imagine getting that note.  Or maybe I CAN imagine it resulting in standing in one spot for hours after it.  I'm so glad you are here.

David, I imagine you attract EVERYONE like flies, gay, straight, man, woman, cat, dog.  You are one of the most genuinely warm people I know.

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #499 on: December 08, 2006, 07:13:08 am »
Hi Kerry, and welcome to our little family! :D

I knew after the first few lines that I shouldn't have read your post at work - I've had to excuse myself to have a cry in the toilets! :'( You are a wonderful and emotive writer - I hope we'll hear much more from you. You'll find much love and support here... :)
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!