Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 859011 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #540 on: December 18, 2006, 08:30:43 pm »
Zander -

Welcome To BetterMost!

If you ever have any questions, please feel free to pm me. I would be happy to help!  :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #541 on: December 19, 2006, 04:43:35 pm »
Hi Barb! I just realized I didn't introduce myself adequately!

I am a 46 year old heterosexual single Mom born and raised in south Georgia where both of my parents were educators. I spent most of my married life (14 years) living in Seattle, Washington until about 4 years ago now I'm back home in Georgia. I have been teaching middle school choral music now for about 20 years and I adore poetry and music.....ALL kinds of music from Bach to Rock although I was stictly classically trained as an itty bitty thing. I have 3 awesome children, 2 girls and 1 boy.

I first BBM on November 29th of this year and I haven't been quite the same since.

You wouldn't be in Columbus, GA by any chance, would you?  That's where my husband's father and brother and his family all live and have for many years.  I'm in South Florida, myself, but born and raised in Western New York, and I spent some time in Ohio before coming down here 13 years ago.  We have a five-year-old son, as you've probably seen from the photo (and read from my endless blatherings about him).

I'm 41 and an IT geek at a pharmaceutical company.

Nice to know ya, Faye.  And we all know from not being the same since.  :)
No more beans!

Offline Faye92

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #542 on: December 19, 2006, 08:40:27 pm »
Hi everyone! It's ironic that you would mention Columbus, Ga.. Barb My mother lives there with my step-father. She remarried shortly after my father passed away in January of 2000. Presently I am living in Atlanta, Ga. We'll probably be paying them a quick visit for the holidays.

Lynne, you made me laugh regarding the spiked coffee...you sure got that right!  ;D

David and I had a nice chat yesterday. Didn't know he was a Pa! Next time I'll have to brag a bunch about mine!

Thank you Front-Ranger! Gald to be on board!

I'm looking forward to chatting with so many of the awesome peopel here and beyond but please beware.... I loooove to talk and share. Just nicely tell me when to shut up!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Love ya!
Faye

Offline insane-romantic

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • My Myspace
« Reply #543 on: December 20, 2006, 10:41:16 am »
Hiya everyone, I am Emma. I'm 15 years old and I come from Southampton, England.

I came here having heard about your website on the IMDb forum, which I have been addicted to for a while! It's nice to find more people to talk to this film about, all my friends are getting fed up with me talking about it all the time.

Looking forward to meeting you guys  :)

Emma.

p.s. I love these cowboy smilies!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 10:50:33 am by insane-romantic »
I saw you were sick and tired of my wrong turns.
If you only knew the way I feel,
I'd really love to tell you,
But I could never seem to say
The things I needed to.
On a day like today
No other words would do.

Keane: On A Day Like Today

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #544 on: December 20, 2006, 10:52:57 am »
Welcome, Emma!! (Do you know Becky?) You'll have a cuppa coffee, won't you (or tea)? Piece a cherry cake??

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline insane-romantic

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • My Myspace
« Reply #545 on: December 20, 2006, 12:19:18 pm »
No I don't know Becky. And I don't like tea or coffee  :P.... but I will have a bit of that cake, sure.

Some more stuff about me: I am in my last year of school, and I work as a waitress at a hotel near my house. I love listening to music, my fav bands are Coldplay, The Killers and Keane. Other films I like include Titanic, Edward Scissorhands & Bridget Jones. I play the piano and the oboe. I love my friends, and I love Christmas! My fav season is Summer and my least fav is Autumn (not that that is important at all). I have seen BBM at least 7 times, which is really sad, I just really like it, but a lot of my friends don't so I want people to talk to about it. Enough rambling from me, see you soon  :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 12:23:33 pm by insane-romantic »
The things I needed to.
On a day like today
No other words would do.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #546 on: December 20, 2006, 12:29:11 pm »
That's great, Emma. Especially about the oboe. (Do you like Death Cab for Cutie?)

But, you're supposed to say, I'll take some coffee, but I can't eat no cake just now. It doesn't matter if you hate coffee and love cake!!

I hereby sentence you to watch Brokeback Mountain every day until you can recite each line by heart!!  ;D In other words, our dream vacation...

just kidding on all this, you understand!! Love yr posts!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #547 on: December 20, 2006, 05:41:24 pm »
Hi, Emma!  I've enjoyed your posts over at IMDb.  You are mature well beyond your years.  I reckon you hear that a lot.

And only 7 times?  Hell, I've seen it 20, and I'm just getting started.  You'll find you fit right in with us here.  It's pretty much All Brokeback All The Time, and we like it that way.   ;D

I love The Killers, by the way.  Green Day is my very favorite, though.  I was very comfortably entrenched in my Green Day obsession, in fact, until this movie came along and wrested me right out of that one and into this one.  I still adore Billie Joe, Tre and Mike, though.

Welcome.  You're among friends here.
No more beans!

Offline insane-romantic

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • My Myspace
« Reply #548 on: December 21, 2006, 06:36:13 am »

I've only seen it 7 times, yes, but I have only owned the DVD for a few weeks! Everyone I've spoken to seems really friendly, which is great, I feel really at home here already! I like Green Day too, but not as much as you apparently, but I haven't heard of Death Cab for Cutie - I'll have to look that up.

Nice to meet y'all  :)
The things I needed to.
On a day like today
No other words would do.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 21, 2006, 06:55:29 am »
You'll find you fit right in with us here.  It's pretty much All Brokeback All The Time, and we like it that way.   ;D

:o Spot-on! I saw Brokeback Mountain at the cinema 9 times and I've lost track of the number of times I've watched the DVD. Also lost track of the number of times I've read the original short story and screenplay. I have photo's of Jack and Ennis in the dozey embrace in my bedroom and living room and the poster is in my kitchen. Pretty much everywhere you turn at my place, you see Jack and Ennis. When I switch on my 'puter, there's Jack and Ennis again - in the wallpaper and screen saver. And yes, you're right, I like it this way. In fact, I LOVE it this way, and wouldn't have it any other way. Twelve months on and my obsession is right in its prime  :laugh:
γνῶθι σεαυτόν