Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858954 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #550 on: December 21, 2006, 09:48:45 am »
:o Spot-on! I saw Brokeback Mountain at the cinema 9 times and I've lost track of the number of times I've watched the DVD. Also lost track of the number of times I've read the original short story and screenplay. I have photo's of Jack and Ennis in the dozey embrace in my bedroom and living room and the poster is in my kitchen. Pretty much everywhere you turn at my place, you see Jack and Ennis. When I switch on my 'puter, there's Jack and Ennis again - in the wallpaper and screen saver. And yes, you're right, I like it this way. In fact, I LOVE it this way, and wouldn't have it any other way. Twelve months on and my obsession is right in its prime  :laugh:

Ain't that the truth, Kerry?  Mine's gotten to the point where I don't even need those visual cues to be reminded of our boys (but that doesn't keep me from having them around).  I held the door of the coffee shop open this morning for a guy wearing a cowboy hat (in South Florida, no less - he had shorts on though, not jeans), and he said "Thank ya" in this low drawl, I swear, that sounded just like Ennis.  About made me do a double-take.  Then I got in my car, turned the key in the ignition, switched the radio back on, and the Naked Eyes version of "Always Something There to Remind Me" was just starting up!  It was almost eerie.

And yes, I *really* should get out more.  :)
No more beans!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #551 on: December 21, 2006, 09:50:32 am »
It's a Seattle band somewhat in the style of Nirvana but more melodic. Look them up in time for the New Year because their CD Transatlanticism begins with a New Year song.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Faye92

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #552 on: December 21, 2006, 07:39:52 pm »
Hi Emma! You play the oboe and piano? That caught my eye immediately! My son plays the oboe as well. It is a difficult instrument to play. You must be really sharp to play it and no doubt that you are! My two daughters play the cello and piano as well. How long have you been playing?

Offline Faye92

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #553 on: December 21, 2006, 07:52:33 pm »
That's great, Emma. Especially about the oboe. (Do you like Death Cab for Cutie?)

But, you're supposed to say, I'll take some coffee, but I can't eat no cake just now. It doesn't matter if you hate coffee and love cake!!

I hereby sentence you to watch Brokeback Mountain every day until you can recite each line by heart!!  ;D In other words, our dream vacation...

just kidding on all this, you understand!! Love yr posts!!

Hi Front Ranger. I really need to watch the movie again. I didn't quite get this when you first asked me about the cherry cake and coffee!!!  :-\
Faye

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #554 on: December 21, 2006, 10:27:25 pm »
:o Spot-on! I saw Brokeback Mountain at the cinema 9 times and I've lost track of the number of times I've watched the DVD. Also lost track of the number of times I've read the original short story and screenplay. I have photo's of Jack and Ennis in the dozey embrace in my bedroom and living room and the poster is in my kitchen. Pretty much everywhere you turn at my place, you see Jack and Ennis. When I switch on my 'puter, there's Jack and Ennis again - in the wallpaper and screen saver. And yes, you're right, I like it this way. In fact, I LOVE it this way, and wouldn't have it any other way. Twelve months on and my obsession is right in its prime  :laugh:

Kerry, I think most of us can relate to those things you do.

You're gonna fit right in around here buddy!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline taj

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #555 on: December 21, 2006, 10:50:55 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Nothing much to say on the banning of BBM in Malaysia. We banned and probably will always ban anything lol. Kinda sad but hey I'm a good citizen  :P
I just have to learn to accept that perhaps. We can ban BBM but I can always find my ways
Kuala Lumpur is superb man! Christmas and New Year are coming, the city will always be alive

I'm getting myself familiar to the features in this board. I'm so glad that you guys archived the IMDb's threads. Memories...I spent quite some time reading them  ;D

Thanks to those who emailed me...you guys made me feel at home  :)

Offline taj

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #556 on: December 21, 2006, 10:56:54 pm »
But maybe I still need a tour guide hehe..
What is the next best step? There's so many to read and I feel kinda it's too late to participate in any ongoing threads
1. Invited
2. Registered
3. Introduced myself
4. Read the archived
5. Participate in the new threads? OR? Any suggestion?

Basically I wanted to read as much info on BBM and to know how it affects ppl life like it did on mine and finally just enjoying corresponding with all you guys through and across the board

Cheers!

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #557 on: December 21, 2006, 11:29:01 pm »
Hi taj -

You can participate in any way that you like -- respond to old threads (agree, disagree, make other observations, bring a new perspective), respond to new threads, start new threads, join the chat, post in other parts of the board, be serious, be silly... Anything. Don't worry about saying things or feeling things that other people have said or felt before. When this thing grabs hold of you, you've got to deal with it. We know that.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #558 on: December 21, 2006, 11:45:06 pm »
What Naky said ...

Some people find a lot a satisfaction on the "lighter side", many, many people love discussing minute detail a the movie on this forum (Open Forum), and if ya wanna do somethin completely unrelated, there's the "Chez Tremblay" and the "Anything Goes" forums. - Oh & did I mention, no, I forgot (& so did naky) a lot a people love to read up on fanfiction (new stories, usually involving our boys, in new stories, written by fellow BetterMost Brokies).

Ya really can go where ya wanna from there.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #559 on: December 22, 2006, 12:10:15 am »
Oh & did I mention, no, I forgot (& so did naky) a lot a people love to read up on fanfiction (new stories, usually involving our boys, in new stories, written by fellow BetterMost Brokies).

Believe me, I didn't forget. I figured that most people end up there anyway, and there's no need to encourage it or try to speed up the process.

:-X
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.