Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858727 times)

Offline michaelflanagansf

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #600 on: February 26, 2007, 06:35:04 pm »
 ;D

Hiya everybody!

I wanted to stop by here and check in.  I'm Michael Flanagan - a mod over on D.C. - and I know a lot of people over here already.  I was motivated to become a member here because of the wonderful time we all had at the Bay City oscar event (there were Bettermost, Ennisjack, yahoo forum and D.C. people there).

I'm a librarian and have been a music addict for a very long time.  I live in San Francisco (and have for over 20 years).  Anyway, just a short message to start - but I just wanted to let those of you who are over here know that I'm here now and sorry it's taken so long!

mfsf

Offline adrian

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #601 on: February 26, 2007, 06:46:42 pm »
Welcome Michael Flanagan, Adrian (formerly adrian.delmar) here, nice to see you here.  Make yourself at home!

There were only two of them on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawks back and crawling lights of vehicles on the plain below....they believed themselves invisible.   A. Proulx

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #602 on: February 26, 2007, 06:54:59 pm »
Um, howdy folks. This is more like a re-introduction since I registered waaay back in aught-six when the Tremblayans and BBM board frequenters at IMDb were having major troll problems and found a safe space here at Bettermost. My name's Angela, and I posted infrequently and mainly lurked at Bettermost, then put myself on a self-imposed hiatus from all things BBM since I figured I was spending way too much time on it. I thought all those BBM cravings would eventually dwindle as time passed from the release date of the movie and from the time I read the originial story -- but lo and behold I discovered BBM fanfiction through livejournal. And with it came the rushing cold of the mountain, and the realization that this story/book/movie, its characters and the actors that portrayed them still have me in its clutches. And I thought, why fight it this time?   

So...here I am. :)

Hi Angela,

Welcome. I missed this intro by a few weeks, sorry! I am one of the fanfiction moderators and we'd love to have you dive in and join us. We have threads for lots of different stories, with links, and ongoing discussion.

We also have an active, daily discussion in the fanfiction room in chat.

Hope to have you join us!

Leslie
MaineWriter
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #603 on: February 26, 2007, 06:56:18 pm »
;D

Hiya everybody!

I wanted to stop by here and check in.  I'm Michael Flanagan - a mod over on D.C. - and I know a lot of people over here already.  I was motivated to become a member here because of the wonderful time we all had at the Bay City oscar event (there were Bettermost, Ennisjack, yahoo forum and D.C. people there).

I'm a librarian and have been a music addict for a very long time.  I live in San Francisco (and have for over 20 years).  Anyway, just a short message to start - but I just wanted to let those of you who are over here know that I'm here now and sorry it's taken so long!

mfsf

Hi Mike,

Welcome...glad to have you here. I am a frequenter of all three boards, too, and a moderator (fanfiction) here at Bettermost. Glad to have you join the party!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #604 on: February 26, 2007, 06:58:06 pm »
I'm here now!
:D :D :D    YAY MICHAEL!!!!     :-* :-* :-*

Michael is the smartest and sweetest guy I know!!!       :D :-*

:-\ :'(   sorry I couldn't make Bay City - sounds like y'all had a fantastic time - I'm saving up for Alberta!!!    :D
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #605 on: February 26, 2007, 06:59:44 pm »
Welcome, Michael!  Make yourself at home and visit often.  8)

Adrian, I like your new screen name.  Sweet and simple.   8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #606 on: February 26, 2007, 07:21:38 pm »
Welcome Michael Flanagan, Adrian (formerly adrian.delmar) here, nice to see you here.  Make yourself at home!

Hi Adrian!!!  I missed you in Bay City friend!

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #607 on: February 26, 2007, 07:23:21 pm »
:D :D :D    YAY MICHAEL!!!!     :-* :-* :-*

Michael is the smartest and sweetest guy I know!!!       :D :-*

:-\ :'(   sorry I couldn't make Bay City - sounds like y'all had a fantastic time - I'm saving up for Alberta!!!    :D

Howdy widget!  We had a WONDERFUL time!  And where's that Alberta thread over here?

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #608 on: February 27, 2007, 02:23:09 am »
Howdy widget!  We had a WONDERFUL time!  And where's that Alberta thread over here?

Hi michaelflanagansf!

Welcome to BetterMost!!  So glad that you found your way here!

I'm so happy to hear that the Bay City event was successful and fun!  We've been hearing a lot about the planning for it over in Social Forum lately.  I'm a mod over in Social Forum and my co-mod Front-Ranger was there for the festivities in Bay City (I'm trying to not be too jealous of her)!  I can't wait to hear more about it!  I think it's wonderful that lots of people from different Brokeback forums were there.  That's great... we're all Brokies at heart and it's so nice to know how big our extended community really is (across all the different websites)!

The big threads about trip planning and get-togethers, etc. are housed over in the Social Forum.  Here's the link to the Alberta thread!   
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,6345.0.html

cheers
Amanda
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #609 on: February 27, 2007, 11:53:03 am »
The big threads about trip planning and get-togethers, etc. are housed over in the Social Forum.  Here's the link to the Alberta thread!   
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,6345.0.html

cheers
Amanda

Thanks so much for the welcome and the pointer to the Alberta thread!

mf