Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 859583 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #680 on: May 03, 2007, 09:48:09 am »
Why thank you, Sheriff, it's a pleasure to be here. I promise to behave to my usual standard.

Humm! to yer usual standards, well, maybe that's all one can expect! sure hope that's good enough!  :laugh:
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #681 on: May 03, 2007, 12:33:50 pm »
Welcome, miniangel!  Have a seat on a log, and we'll put some elk on the barbie.  A few swigs of Old Rose, and you'll be philosophisin' in no time. 8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #682 on: May 03, 2007, 12:38:17 pm »
Welcome miniangel!!
You are among friends and kindred spirits here!
There are some fine folks here at Bettermost you'll be glad you came!
Set and stay a spell!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #683 on: May 04, 2007, 11:57:46 pm »
miniangel !!!

It was so nice meeting you in chat the other evening!  And, it's great to be able to welcome you here!  Hope you enjoy exploring Open Forum in particular... this is the forum filled with the discussions of the symbols (and the serious analysis of all sorts of aspects of the story and film).  I'm a big fan of that those threads myself.

cheers
Amanda
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Artiste

« Reply #684 on: May 05, 2007, 09:20:20 am »
Hugs too!!

mvansand76

« Reply #685 on: June 05, 2007, 07:47:54 am »

Welcome to Bettermost, Susie! Nice to meet you! I hope you have a great time here.... Please make sure to post your stories on our Fanfiction board, I think if it's small stories (drabbles), I think you can post them directly, or you can post a link to your livejournal if you have one!

Mel
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 09:25:24 pm by DavidInIndy »

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #686 on: June 05, 2007, 07:57:06 am »
Oh Susie

How nice to see you here!!!!

I'm off to StockholmbutI'll be back Monday, late.

See you!!!

Berit
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Dagi

« Reply #687 on: June 05, 2007, 07:58:29 am »
Hi Brokies,
like Susie I´m an escapee from IMDb and I´d like to tell you a little about me.

I´m 32y/o, living in Bavaria, south of München, midwife, mother of to cowboys (2 and 4 years old) and happily married to a silent big guy (I am the one who does the talking).

It will take me some time to orient myself here, not being a native speaker doesn´t make it easier.

So please be patient with me!

And thanks again for the warm welcome, Brokies are simply the best!

And a big hug to Susie!!!

Dagi

mvansand76

« Reply #688 on: June 05, 2007, 08:05:24 am »
WELCOME Berit and Dagi! I am sure you will have a great troll-free time here!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #689 on: June 05, 2007, 08:11:55 am »
Hi Brokies,
like Susie I´m an escapee from IMDb and I´d like to tell you a little about me.

I´m 32y/o, living in Bavaria, south of München, midwife, mother of to cowboys (2 and 4 years old) and happily married to a silent big guy (I am the one who does the talking).

It will take me some time to orient myself here, not being a native speaker doesn´t make it easier.

So please be patient with me!

And thanks again for the warm welcome, Brokies are simply the best!

And a big hug to Susie!!!

Dagi

Bienvenue chez nous, Dagi.

Seeing as BetterMost was only started in early February 2006, we're all refugees here, whether we came from IMdB (like most of us), or other forums, or just came here directly after being devasted by the film, we are definitively all here, looking for refuge, and friendship, and understanding.

Welcome.

Seems there's a bit of an exodus happening here at this particular juncture in time, but rest assured, there's room for all here at BetterMost. Don't be shy to post on any thread in any forum, and even in your own language... who knows, maybe you'll find someone who can talk your language here too!

Moi je suis Canadien français, et même si j'écris surtout en anglais ici, il m'arrive parfois de trouver d'autres francophones avec qui je peux m'exprimer dans ma langue. Others have done so in German, in Dutch, even in American  :laugh:

Again, welcome & don't be shy to ask for help if you get lost in our hallways - it is disorienting! When I first got here (early April last year) there were only 4 or 5 forums & I still managed to need help getting around.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer