Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 859391 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #760 on: June 15, 2007, 04:52:10 pm »
I have a REALLY stupid question!

What does UTC mean? I've seen this before and I have no idea what it means!  ???

UTC= Coordinated Universal Time.

THE atomic time standard from which all other times zones are derivated. Formerly GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) - but don't ask me why they changed it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utc

UTC is the actual time in Great Britain in winter time, but in summer, GB is UTC+1 (due to daylight saving time).

Germany is UTC+1 in winter, but UTC+2 in summer.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #761 on: June 15, 2007, 04:56:30 pm »
Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!!

To all my friends,
both old and new,
Greetings from
your old friend, "True"

Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!!
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #762 on: June 15, 2007, 05:56:04 pm »

UTC= Coordinated Universal Time.

THE atomic time standard from which all other times zones are derivated. Formerly GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) - but don't ask me why they changed it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utc

UTC is the actual time in Great Britain in winter time, but in summer, GB is UTC+1 (due to daylight saving time).

Germany is UTC+1 in winter, but UTC+2 in summer.

Okay! Thanks Chrissi! I knew what Greenwich Mean Time was. I didn't realize they had changed it.

Thanks for explaining this to me Chrissi!!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
I'll have to catch the next chat fest...
« Reply #763 on: June 15, 2007, 08:49:23 pm »
I'm going to a friend's baby shower tomorrow. I'm so glad baby showers are co-ed these days. It's gonna be really fun!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #764 on: June 16, 2007, 01:28:34 am »
The chat's at 9am west coast time. 

I'll be there and will be checking my PMs frequently, so if you have trouble getting in to chat, go ahead and PM me, and I'll try to help you.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
Re: I'll have to catch the next chat fest...
« Reply #765 on: June 16, 2007, 01:31:32 am »
I'm going to a friend's baby shower tomorrow. I'm so glad baby showers are co-ed these days. It's gonna be really fun!

Oh I LOVE baby showers! They are fun! You'll have a great time there!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

Re: I'll have to catch the next chat fest...
« Reply #766 on: June 16, 2007, 01:40:10 am »

well most of the time! I love showers too!

;)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #767 on: June 16, 2007, 11:30:26 am »
Chat to welcome the New Folks in less than half an hour!

See our news banner for directions in.  All BetterMostians welcome!

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php

:)

Offline Lo.

• Don't Say Much
Hi, my introduction!
« Reply #768 on: June 21, 2007, 12:35:08 pm »
Well hello all!

I go by the name of Lo,

I am 39 years young and my interests include travel, fishing, camping, UFOlogy, Science, Spiritualism, Tomb Raider, computing, mushy peas, vinegar and sleeping a lot  ;D

I hope to meet new friends soon and of course engaging with my current (lovely) friends from IMDb.  I'll get to posting up a profile very soon....currently I am just working in another tab and writing up the voting rules for one of my Eidos fanfic competitions!

Thank you for having me and I look forward to becoming a [hopefully valued] contributor!

With thanks and best wishes,

Lo  :)

mvansand76

Re: Hi, my introduction!
« Reply #769 on: June 21, 2007, 01:51:38 pm »
Well hello all!

I go by the name of Lo,

I am 39 years young and my interests include travel, fishing, camping, UFOlogy, Science, Spiritualism, Tomb Raider, computing, mushy peas, vinegar and sleeping a lot  ;D

I hope to meet new friends soon and of course engaging with my current (lovely) friends from IMDb.  I'll get to posting up a profile very soon....currently I am just working in another tab and writing up the voting rules for one of my Eidos fanfic competitions!

Thank you for having me and I look forward to becoming a [hopefully valued] contributor!

With thanks and best wishes,

Lo  :)

WELCOME Lo! Hope you have a great time here....