Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858662 times)

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #800 on: July 04, 2007, 11:41:48 pm »
Hi Merr,

Nice to know you too. I have been on this board for a few months and I have mainly been reading the old posts and playing the games. Like I said, I don't know how many times I have watched this movie but I just seem to never tire of it.

Are your children aware of your Brokie obsession? It seems so wierd since out of the hundreds of movies I have seen, no movie has ever had the effect on me that Brokeback Mountain does. It is so strange.

I am from New Jersey, about 20 minutes from NYC, and have never been to the Macy fireworks. Too many people. Also, I don't like driving in New York. The cabbies are the worse >:(

I am just glad to have found this forum so I don't have to feel alone in this obsession.

To Ally- again- Congrats on being # 1,000.

Deb(Delmardeb)

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #801 on: July 05, 2007, 02:48:18 am »
Did you go to the Macy's fireworks display.  Both of my kids live in NYC and one year when I was there, we took the trip down - what a people traffic jam.  But it was good clean fun - despite what people say about New Yorkers, everybody was very nice and pleasant even though it was a brutally hot night.

Nope, haven't been to the Macy's display since 1976 when I braved Lower Manhattan for the Bicentennial festivities.  I saw them from the roof of a building on the Upper West Side a few years ago.  Very impressive!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

mvansand76

« Reply #802 on: July 05, 2007, 05:25:34 am »
Hi Merr,

Nice to know you too. I have been on this board for a few months and I have mainly been reading the old posts and playing the games. Like I said, I don't know how many times I have watched this movie but I just seem to never tire of it.

Are your children aware of your Brokie obsession? It seems so wierd since out of the hundreds of movies I have seen, no movie has ever had the effect on me that Brokeback Mountain does. It is so strange.

I am from New Jersey, about 20 minutes from NYC, and have never been to the Macy fireworks. Too many people. Also, I don't like driving in New York. The cabbies are the worse >:(

I am just glad to have found this forum so I don't have to feel alone in this obsession.

To Ally- again- Congrats on being # 1,000.

Deb(Delmardeb)

Welcome Deb to Bettermost! Hope you have a great time here! I was in New Jersey a few weeks ago, in Sparta to be precise, do you live anywhere near that place? I'm from the Netherlands by the way!

Congrats Ally on being the 1000th!!! And welcome of course!

Hi Deb, my daughter is aware but doesn't share it with me.  Doesn't discourage me though.  I have seen probably thousands of movies and BBM as affected me so deeply as well.  I thought I was going crazy - I had a lot going on in my life at the time and I thought for sure I had gone over the edge.  It did feel good to cry it out too.  So I kept watching it and sometimes twice a day.  I would cry and cry and sob.  But I felt alive at the same time.  I was hiding lots of emotions too which I needed to get out - and at least it was a good cry and not just a feeling sorry for myself cry.  And I felt cleansed and renewed too.

I guess if you "get it" you do, some people don't - their loss I think.  I have watched it about 35+ times and I am leaving it alone for awhile now.  I will come back to it soon I think.  I almost watched it today but got busy here and never found the time.

Take care and see you on the Board.     (the wave)

Merrily

Love your avatar, Merrily!!!

mvansand76

« Reply #803 on: July 05, 2007, 06:37:36 am »
Thanks very much Snavel.  Tell me about your "name" - what does it mean - translated?   Kinda cute. 

Merrily

It's a translation for the beak of a bird, one of the two pet names my boyfriend has for me, the other one being snuit.

I'm Mel, by the way! :D

Offline Ally-at-BetterMost

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Don't be afraid of what your mind conceives
« Reply #804 on: July 05, 2007, 09:53:05 am »
 @ Kelda: Hi Kelda! Thank you! Yes you are right, I am euro-based! I'm not from the UK, but the Netherlands, which is pretty near though... I wish you lots of fun at T in the Park!! :D

@ Delmardeb: Thanks a lot! There are indeed no reins on this one! ;D I don't think I am ready to buy the BBM soundtrack just yet... I know I'm gonna cry... :-\

@ shortfiction: U2 are brilliant LOL ;) Have you ever been to their concerts?

@ Meryl: Thanks, yes I've 'seen' a couple of 'IMDB'ers' on here! You are all so sweet!

@ atz75: Thanks for the delicious coffee and cool to see another music fan! My online activities had also been solely based on music before my BBM crush. What are your favourite bands?

@ Susiebell: Hi there, thank you for your comlpliment about me sounding like I'm from the UK!! I'm from the Netherlands actually, so it is kind of near the UK... I do have English ancestors though!  ;D

@ Merrily: I stiil don't think I can't eat no cake yet. :laugh: ;)

@ Delmardeb: Debbie, thanks again! ;)

@ SnaveldelSnuit: Hallo en dankjewel! (Hello and thank you!) ;)

You are all very sweet! Thanks for making me feel very, very welcome! O0 :-* ;D
Shadows and Taaaallll Trees
Another Time Another Place
I Will Follow

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #805 on: July 05, 2007, 10:06:42 am »
Ally - I'll be in the Netherlands in just over a week - I am doing the The International Four Day Marches at Nijmegen.. you anywhere near that?

Mel (SnaveldelSnuit) is going to come see me when I'm there!!  ;D
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

mvansand76

« Reply #806 on: July 05, 2007, 10:23:51 am »
Ally - I'll be in the Netherlands in just over a week - I am doing the The International Four Day Marches at Nijmegen.. you anywhere near that?

Mel (SnaveldelSnuit) is going to come see me when I'm there!!  ;D

Yes I am!!! So you're telling me you're Dutch, Ally? Nog een Nederlander hier!

;)

Mel

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #807 on: July 05, 2007, 01:46:27 pm »
Yes I am!!! So you're telling me you're Dutch, Ally? Nog een Nederlander hier!

;)

Mel

'Efkes' een beetje Nederlands tussen al dat Engels, dat kan echt geen kwaad!  ;D

okay, okay, for all you non-dutch speakers, I was just saying that a bit of Dutch now and again here at Bettermost, can do no harm.  :D
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

mvansand76

« Reply #808 on: July 05, 2007, 02:04:42 pm »
'Efkes' een beetje Nederlands tussen al dat Engels, dat kan echt geen kwaad!  ;D

okay, okay, for all you non-dutch speakers, I was just saying that a bit of Dutch now and again here at Bettermost, can do no harm.  :D

Dat kan helemaal geen kwaad!!!!  ;) Ik vind het altijd zo leuk om Nederlands te praten hier! We moeten al de hele tijd in het Engels schrijven, mogen wij nu ook een keertje??

Ik wil dat vanaf nu gewoon iedereen Nederlands praat op Bettermost, om ons zielige non-natives tegemoet te komen!

LOL!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #809 on: July 05, 2007, 04:36:06 pm »
Ally, do you know about the live performance of BBM that happened in Holland recently?  The long thred for it starts here:  http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,8306.0.html.