Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858594 times)

Offline Karan13

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Fun loving open minded the future Mrs Depp or Gyll
HI THERE!
« Reply #180 on: May 14, 2006, 04:19:00 pm »
Hi all,
       I came across this Forum mentioned on BBM IMdb, been a brokeback nut i thought i`d register. My name is Karan i`m 34years young and live in Birmingham England. I have two kids and live with my boyfriend, i have experienced much in life and i felt that Brokeback stirred emotions in me that were very strong, i have posted many times on the IMdb board and love the people there, unfortunately many have been the victims of very nasty, hate filled trolls. My outlock is as positive as i can be, i love and repect all as long as they respect me, i love movies and nothing has hit me as brokeback has.

I Wish I Knew How To Quit It But I Can`t !                                       
It`s not the breaths you take , it`s what makes you lose one !

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: HI THERE!
« Reply #181 on: May 14, 2006, 04:20:52 pm »
Hi Karan!

It's nice to know you! Guess we'll see ya around, hunh?

:D

Offline LilyValley

• Don't Say Much
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #182 on: May 15, 2006, 01:02:19 am »
 :) Hi!

My name is Lily, I'm a 14 year old Kiwi girl from Wellington (which you may know as the home of Lord of the Rings). Reading through these posts I realise that I'm probably one of the youngest here, so I hope you don't mind me!

I have been a movie fan for years, and love all types of movies. However, none of them has had such a big impact on my life as Brokeback! I fell in love with Ennis and Jack waaay before the movie came out in NZ (blame the short story and IMDB boards!) and waiting for it to arrive felt like the longest four months of my life! When I first saw it, I wasn't quite sure what to make of it, so I went again the next day. And of course I loved it! Since then, I have seen it three more times at the cinemas, with my mum, dad and best friend, got all excited over the Academy Awards then cried when it didn't win the best picture Oscar. At the moment I am waiting with growing excitement for the DVD, which I will probably watch over and over.

I'm really glad to be here , and though I don't really have any deep and meaningful thoughts to contribute I really enjoy discussing BBM and making new friends.

Peace!  8)
if you can't stand it you got to fix it!

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #183 on: May 15, 2006, 09:54:40 am »
Hi LilyValley - welcome, welcome.  So nice to see you here.  Shuggy is also a kiwi, so you'll have to meet up.  We're a bit short on New Zealanders, but this is a movie in the right direction!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: HI THERE!
« Reply #184 on: May 15, 2006, 01:32:17 pm »
Hi, Karan.  This is THE place to be if you're a BBM fan.  Welcome.  Take a good look around; there's something here for everyone.  My personal favorite is the "ABCs" of BBM game.  If you're so inclined, check out the rules and the Answer List (separate files) and come join the fun.  But be forewarned, it's addictive!

Fran

TJ

« Reply #185 on: May 15, 2006, 05:59:59 pm »
Yep, and we are really short-handed here when comes to Oklahomans, residents of the state of Oklahoma, too.

One is not an "Okie" unless he leaves the state to seek low paying jobs in California.

While some state residents are proud of the hateful epithet, "Okie," they would not have been so proud if they had lived in the Dust Bowl area of the Western Part of the State and went out west to find jobs. The fictional "Joad" family was from Sallisaw, Oklahoma. Sallisaw is in the foot hills of the Ozarks and is not even in the Central Plain where the dust bowl took place. I have been to Sallisaw more than once and even spent a night or two there with a college friend.

Offline aileen

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #186 on: May 16, 2006, 07:01:27 am »
Hello everyone :)

I' m 28 years old woman from Poland, married since 2003, no kids yet ;) I have a MA in antiquity languages (is it correct phrase???) It' s hard to find the words, cause I' m still learning english :) Of course I' m a big fan of BBM, that's why I'm here. I' m glad I' m not alone with my obsession ;) In a real life I cant' t talk to anyone about this film, because none of my friends have seen it - none of them even wanted to see it :( I forced my husband to go to the theatre with me, he agreed, of course (if not - divorce!!! :P), but he really didn' t like the movie.( :o how it' s possible???) So - I must repeat - I' m so glad I found this forum :)

moremojo

« Reply #187 on: May 16, 2006, 10:20:32 am »
I have a MA in antiquity languages (is it correct phrase???) It' s hard to find the words, cause I' m still learning english :)
Hello, aileen,

Welcome to BetterMost. It's a wonderful site, and I'm sure you will get a lot of enjoyment from your time here.

Your English is great. 'Ancient languages' might be a more idiomatically accurate expression than 'antiquity languages', but the latter still gets your meaning across. Which specific languages do you specialize in? My sister teaches Latin on the high-school level.

I work in a library, and we subscribe to a Polish film magazine called Kino. I noticed Brokeback Mountain was reviewed there in a recent issue. I know no Polish, but I was still able to pick out characters' names in the text.

May I ask where in Poland you reside? I have read and heard that Krakow is a very beautiful city, one of the jewels of Europe, though still relatively little-known here in America.

I am very happy that you found your way here. I'm sorry that so few of your friends and relations share your enthusiasm for this cinematic masterpiece called Brokeback Mountain, but the very many avid fans on board here will hopefully compensate somewhat for that.

Very truly,
Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 07:40:50 pm by moremojo »

claireluna

« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2006, 07:54:28 am »
Hello everybody :)
I'm Claireluna from France,25 and i'm totally addicted to BBM..this film is driving me crazy...please help me ;D
Glad to be here

Offline aileen

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #189 on: May 17, 2006, 08:46:35 am »
Hello moremojo :)
I specialize in Latin and Greek but please, don' t make me use them here ;)
I bought that magazine "Kino" and I didn' t throw it away after reading as I usually do. The article about BBM was really interesting, so I kept it.
I wish I live in Krakow, it' s my favourite place in Poland, but I live at North, in Gdynia.
Yeah, my friends don' t share my enthusiasm but...about a week ago I met in polish internet few people who do :) We met in real life and as far as I can say, it could be the beginning of a friendship...just because of BBM :) :) :)  That' s the power of that film!!!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 09:45:10 am by aileen »