Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858975 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #200 on: June 07, 2006, 05:13:21 pm »
Hi Becky!! 

Boy did you come to the right place!!!      We are all Die-Hard  Jack and Ennis fans.

Enough tears have been shed by us all to fill the Atlantic and Pacific!      Please!  Look around the entire site.    We have photo areas,  Game areas,  Personal thoughts areas, plus "Chez Tremblay".    Which was a group of us on the www.imdb.com message boards until the trolls ran us off.  We found BetterMost and have a new home.     You can see pics of some of us here too.

Also, if you need to keep Jack and Ennis Alive, be sure to read some of the Fan Fiction.   Leslie has written 17 chapters of the most heart warming Jack and Ennis stories I have ever read.   You can find it as : A Love born from Steel"

Between crying be sure to jump in and ask us questions.   We have debated just about every thought you could have on the movie.  We'd love to hear your thoughts as well.

David   :)

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #201 on: June 07, 2006, 05:25:41 pm »
Hi Becky, hi Gregg, hi Alec!!! Did I forget somebody? :D
Welcome aboard! This is an amazing place, and I'm sure you, too, will soon find you spend way too much time on here...  ;D
Laugh with us, cry with us, be silly or thoughtful or whatever. And while finding your way though the forums, get yourself a cup of coffee and a piece of cherry cake!

Glad you made it overhere! Well, I guess I'll see ya around, hunh?

ANKE   :)

Offline beeple

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #202 on: June 09, 2006, 03:50:19 am »
hi there :)

my name is trish..and i am a professional lurker (and hopeless bbm addict) lead here by ellemeno's post on imdb..but unfortunately after a while lurking just feels like spying..so although i might not say much..i am here! i am a 24 year-old female, sort-of-biologist living in san francisco..

i saw bbm about 5 or so weeks ago and i was a wreck..it was as if i had lived these two men's lives right along with them..two characters who i had no rational reason to understand or identify with..i felt their love..pain..loss..and then all that was left was me..  :'(

so the floodgates of obsession have opened and it has been especially hard because no one else i know seems to understand or be interested..i am really glad there are forums like bettermost (beans!) where people can celebrate and commiserate with each other!

the only problem now is how to shake this problem of thinking about bbm 24 hours a day.  i know i must get back to real life soon (took cushy, brainless job to have more time to study for the mcat..vowed i'd go back to my real job as soon it was over..hmm..still there surfing the net half the day :p)  i just knew i was in trouble when my 5 year old made a paper hat at preschool the other day and excitedly exclaimed "look mommy! i'm brokeback mountain!"  hehehe
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 06:22:21 pm by beeple »

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #203 on: June 09, 2006, 11:29:59 am »
Welcome Trish!   :)

Come see BBM with us at the Castro on Monday.  :D

Giancarlo

« Reply #204 on: June 10, 2006, 04:47:51 pm »
Sorry I should of posted here earlier...

My name is Giancarlo, I'm 20 years old and I live in Los Angeles. I go to Cal State Northridge and am a junior. I've known that I've been gay since I was 16, and at the point I told my parents as I was seeing a really sweet guy (my first love). Some of my interests are politics, futbol (or as some say "soccer"), and hanging out with my friends having a good old time. Matter of fact, I'm turning 21 in about two weeks and I can hardly wait, because here in the US (for those from other countries) the drinking age is 21. I'm a bit of a extrovert and I do love to have a good time. I used to dance a lot but not so much anymore. I also love music and my beloved Creative Vision:M video MP3 player... I love all kinds of music from trance and dance, to pop... and a lot of rock.

Anyways, I heard about Brokeback Mountain around christmas of 2005. I wasn't very enthaustic at first when I wanted to see it, and thought it would be cliche. Boy... was I dead wrong. I was brought to tears several times during the movie, and I never really had much interest in love stories. My movie tastes are typical of a straight guy in some sense (though my dress style and the way I dance isn't lol).

I know I haven't really posted much in comparsion to other posters.. but here is my myspace profile:

http://www.myspace.com/giancarlo1985

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #205 on: June 15, 2006, 03:03:29 am »
My name is David and I live on the south side of Indianapolis (Speedway Indiana). I am a professional photographer. I play the violin, cello and piano. I LOVE Shakespere. Currently I have a lover and his name is Cory. I have a Golden Retriever and his name is Cody. I am 43 years old. I  have travelled extensively, and I love  it.  I am Dutch (and proud of  it) and also Lakota Sioux (and proud of it). I speak a little Dutch and French.

Wat zijn uw plannen voor vanavond? I'm just kidding!

Life in Indiana can be difficult for a gay man, but I do have hopes for the future of  our little midwestern  state.

I am a refugee from IBDb (I can't take the trolls over there anymore).  Hopefully, things will be better on Bettermost.

I should  also mention I am David-Indiana on IMDb, just in case anyone here is from Imdb. :-)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 03:08:29 am by David925 »
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #206 on: June 15, 2006, 03:24:36 am »
Wow David-Indiana!  Someone must have pulled some teeth to get you here  :).  The warmest welcome! People have been talking in weeks to invite you here.   

Let me be the first one to welcome you to BetterMost just because I am up  :).  Tomorrow (Ooops, it’s already pass mid-night.  Ok when people are up) there will be a whole group of people welcome you.  I am glad that you finally are here.

Using our standard welcome line, welcome...sit a spell and chat...you want some coffee, maybe piece of cherry cake?

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #207 on: June 15, 2006, 03:43:41 am »
I play the violin,  I speak a little Dutch and French.

Alors un petit bonjour de France, et bienvenu. Moi aussi je joue du violon, et du bodhran... avec un hollandais qui joue de la harpe et de la flûte!
J'espère que tu seras bien ici.
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #208 on: June 15, 2006, 04:43:57 am »
Indeed David, Welcome. You are certainly one who's post at IMDb have been followed for quite some time, and well ... what Jenny said....

I'll also add that, though I don't play a sting instrument, je suis francophone aussi et j'habite beaucoup moin loin qu'Isabelle, vivant à Toronto (on est presque voisins!)

Glad to have you post here and I'm sure I'll enjoy reading your thoughts as you get acclimatized to the BetterMost family.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #209 on: June 15, 2006, 07:46:11 am »
My name is David and I live on the south side of Indianapolis (Speedway Indiana). I am a refugee from IBDb (I can't take the trolls over there anymore).  Hopefully, things will be better on Bettermost.

I should  also mention I am David-Indiana on IMDb, just in case anyone here is from Imdb. :-)

Welcome, welcome, welcome.  A few of us were just chatting the other night, and wondering about you actually, and if you were going to come and join us.  What do you think - total strangers know who you are and wanted you here before you even arrived!

So glad to see you.

Celeste
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)