Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858972 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #230 on: June 20, 2006, 07:17:03 pm »
Hi David, I was just there. Didn't see any Minnesotans, but it does look like we Midwesterners are still in the lead (that can't last, though ... can it?).

I just took another look and you are right. You know what though? I think the person I was thinking was from Minnesota was actually you. How did I do that? Did you talk about Minnesota in another thread? Somebody said something about Minnesota and I mentioned the poll.... I don't know what I did!

Anyway, sorry about that.

No, I don't think the Midwest will stay in the lead for very long... Western Europe is just one vote away from a tie with the Midwest! At least it was the last time I checked. But if we added Great Britain in with Western Europe, I think Europe might be beating us! :)

I think I know what happened... I think you mentioned Minnesota on this thread, and then I guess I read your reply over on my poll and didn't realize you were the same person.

Yes. I am a dingbat!!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #231 on: June 20, 2006, 07:36:46 pm »
That's OK, David. Maybe I'll go mention Minnesota on a bunch of other threads, too, so it will feel like there are a lot of us here!

:laugh:

Nah, on second thought, I already asked Anke to post Heath/Ennis photos on multiple threads today, and she did, bless her heart -- but somehow I'm thinking people might have a higher tolerance for repeatedly seeing those!

::)  ;)  :-*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #232 on: June 20, 2006, 10:20:23 pm »
That's OK, David. Maybe I'll go mention Minnesota on a bunch of other threads, too, so it will feel like there are a lot of us here!

:laugh:

Nah, on second thought, I already asked Anke to post Heath/Ennis photos on multiple threads today, and she did, bless her heart -- but somehow I'm thinking people might have a higher tolerance for repeatedly seeing those!

::)  ;)  :-*

Hey, Anke can flash pictures of Heath in front of me all she wants to. I won't mind! :D

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #233 on: June 22, 2006, 01:57:30 pm »
I am a 42 year old hetero female born and raised in the US rural Bible belt. I had lived in Texas for a short period of time, but missed the midwest too much. So, I moved to Indianapolis and lived there seven years. I have just moved back to northern Indiana - my small hometown. Although I really miss the city, it has been a good thing to move. I have a job that I love and I have never been treated so well in my life.

I am a Christian, but am by no means a "right-winger conservative Christian." I am very left of center and believe in rights for all  humans. Who cares what goes on in the privacy of one's bedroom? I believe very strongly that my job here on earth is not to judge anyone. I am too flawed to look down on someone else!

I am a huge film fan. I had always said that my favorite movies were from the 1920's, 30's and 40's. That has held true ... except when BBM came out. I couldn't believe how much this film has impacted me. I have literally watched it at least once a day since it came out on DVD. I love everything about it ... the passion, the pain, the tragedy, etc. It rings true. I know that I have never experienced a love like that in my life. The one love I have had for over 14 years lives in South Carolina. It's one of those long distance things ... I hate it. He's in my blood, though, so I can't quite give him up. It has also been a relatively secret relationship ... I am white, he is black (he does not like being called African American). My family doesn't have an issue with it. My brother is married to an African American. It's his family. Sigh ... the saga of my life.
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

vkm91941

« Reply #234 on: June 22, 2006, 02:14:30 pm »
I am a 42 year old hetero female born and raised in the US rural Bible belt. I had lived in Texas for a short period of time, but missed the midwest too much. So, I moved to Indianapolis and lived there seven years. I have just moved back to northern Indiana - my small hometown. Although I really miss the city, it has been a good thing to move. I have a job that I love and I have never been treated so well in my life.

I am a Christian, but am by no means a "right-winger conservative Christian." I am very left of center and believe in rights for all  humans. Who cares what goes on in the privacy of one's bedroom? I believe very strongly that my job here on earth is not to judge anyone. I am too flawed to look down on someone else!

I am a huge film fan. I had always said that my favorite movies were from the 1920's, 30's and 40's. That has held true ... except  when BBM came out. I couldn't believe how much this film has impacted me. I have literally watched it at least once a day since it came out on DVD. I love everything about it ... the passion, the pain, the tragedy, etc. It rings true. I know that I have never experienced a love like that in my life. The one love I have had for over 14 years lives in South Carolina. It's one of those long distance things ... I hate it. He's in my blood, though, so I can't quite give him up. It has also been a relatively secret relationship ... I am white, he is black (he does not like being called African American). My family doesn't have an issue with it. My brother is married to an African American. It's his family. Sigh ... the saga of my life.

:-* Welcome dly64  :-*, I was just talking to you on IMDB!  You're gonna love it here

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #235 on: June 22, 2006, 03:03:46 pm »
Oh yes! Thanks for giving me the information. I really enjoy it over here. ;)
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #236 on: June 22, 2006, 07:39:52 pm »
I am a 42 year old hetero female born and raised in the US rural Bible belt. I had lived in Texas for a short period of time, but missed the midwest too much. So, I moved to Indianapolis and lived there seven years. I have just moved back to northern Indiana - my small hometown.

Hi Diane - (Diane is your name isn't it? I saw it in your sig). Anyway welcom! I am always happy to see fellow Hoosiers on the boards! I hope you like it here. I am new too, and the people seem to really be nice over here at Bettermost.  :D

By the way, I hoped you dodged all those storms up there in North Indiana. Fort Wayne really got hit hard. We were hit pretty hard here in Indy, but not nearly as much as up north.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #237 on: June 23, 2006, 12:26:05 am »
Hello!  I am a 49 year old straight African American female residing in Oakland, Ca.  I am the mother of a 16 year old daughter, and we are both serious Brokies!  I moved to California from Oklahoma City in 1963.  I have lived in the Bay Area since, Oakland and Berkeley.

I work for the State of California, in tech support, a veteran Civil Service person!  I love my job and I love where I live.  I am fortunate enough to live in an area with a large and powerful gay community.  My workplace is almost 50% gay and my daughter attends an arts school where the student body is 80% gay and lesbian.  This incredible diversity is just one more reason why I love where I live!

I feel at home here already.  I have been a frequent poster on the IMDB BBM Board since December, and decided after being invited by other Bettermost members (many of them IMDB posters) to give Bettermost a try.  I have visited this site many times and I've always loved what I see here!  I wanted to register long ago, but decided to wait until I purchased a reliable home computer.  I was blessed recently with a rare pay increase and was able to purchase a new laptop!

I am here because I never tire of discussing my favorite movie of all time.  I saw Brokeback right after Christmas, not realizing that my life would be changed forever.  After the lights went up I was too stunned to move at first!  I just remember sitting there with my daughter's head on my shoulder (she couldn't move, either) and just thought, "that was astonishing!"  What am I going to do?  I'm in love!  My Brokeback journey is far from over, but I am a better person because of it.  I don't sweat the small stuff anymore and I am much more tolerant of others.  I am happier.  My daughter says she is glad that I have finally found a favorite, a movie to love.

I must say that I have a good life, have always been happy and reasonably well adjusted!  When Brokeback Mountain came into my life I was at first leveled by the tragedy of Jack and Ennis' sad, sad lives.  But as the months passed, and I was able to speak to others about this quiet miracle of a film, the sadness has passed, and I can now appreciate Brokeback as the work of art it truly is. 

It is so good to see a lot of friends here.  Most of them I knew were here, but there are some surprises.  PastorFred!  PastorFred is here, thank God!  He is one of my all time favorites.  I even had the pleasure of meeting some members such as sfericsf at a screening of Brokeback at the Castro theatre earlier this month.  It was glorious!

I could go on and on, but I had better stop now.  I'll just say that I'm thrilled to be here, and I am ready, willing and able to talk!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #238 on: June 23, 2006, 12:30:34 am »
Welcome Welcome Welcome To Bettermost Littlewing!

I am SO happy you decided to join! You will love it here. And I am really looking forward to reading your posts here. I always did appreciate and enjoy everything you had to say on IMDb.
:) ;) :D :) ;) :D :) ;) :D :) ;) :D

Again, welcome! I am really happy you are here with us!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #239 on: June 23, 2006, 12:40:28 am »
Thanks, David.  I am really glad to be here.  This is great!  You were always one of my favorites on the IMDB Boards!  Will be posting soon!