Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858908 times)

gattaca

Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #270 on: June 28, 2006, 09:22:14 am »
Welcome Larz!

Gee, there are sure a lot of people from Indiana here.  :D :D

So a big welcome to you from a Tucsonian!

Offline stevenedel

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • BBM - The Steven edition
« Reply #271 on: June 28, 2006, 01:10:53 pm »
Hello to you all. Steven here. As an exception to the general rule, I am not from Indiana - rather, I'm a EuroBrokie from Gelderland, an eastern province of the Netherlands. I'm an out gay man, 39 going on 40 (how time flies; it still feels like 17 inside, though). I didn't see BBM in the cinema because a friend preferred Crash  >:(. So I got the DVD, and after watching it life was never quite the same again. As I grow older I find I am increasingly susceptible to the emotional effects of movies and music, but BBM is something of an altogether different order than anything I've ever experienced. This is partly due to the beauties of the film as such, and partly to the fact that it triggered some bittersweet memories from my own past. Love can go wrong in so many ways, unfortunately...

I've cultivated my obsession by collecting every book and CD even remotely related to BBM, from Avedon's "In the American West" to Haden & Metheny's "Beyond the Missouri Sky" (for "Spiritual", the duet that inspired Proulx when she wrote the dozy embrace scene). I nursed it further by putting together my own ideal version of the screenplay, because I was disappointed with the published version. If you're interested: I put it on a website to share it with fellow Brokies: www.brokebackmountainscript.com (Be warned though, it's a big file (66MB in all - I've included a storyboard comprised of screenshots from every scene), and my data traffic allowance is limited...)

At this point I've decided to go cold turkey for a few months, but I won't go so far as to include boards like these, so you'll see me around.
If god had wanted people to be oppressed, he would have created bigger elephants. - Loesje

Offline Midnight24

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Miss Princess
« Reply #272 on: June 28, 2006, 05:30:07 pm »
Hello everyone!  ;D I'm new and also testing out my signature.  ??? Seems like a cool place, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. !!  :D
~*One kiss...and bam...you're mine*~
Total and Complete Jake Lover!!!

Offline ZouBEini

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #273 on: June 28, 2006, 09:02:11 pm »
Hi Larz! Welcome. I am glad to see another Hoosier! David and I are both from the great state of IN.

I know you'll love this site. It is a lot of fun.  ;)
Hi dly64! Nice to meet another Hoosier! :-)  LOL-I have yet to find the icons here, but am famous for (over-)using them at IMDb.

Thanks for the friendly greeting.
[wave3] <--ooops, that probably won't work here but you get the point.

~Larz

P.S. - just found them in preview.  ;D   8)

Offline ZouBEini

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #274 on: June 28, 2006, 09:09:29 pm »
Welcome Larz!

Gee, there are sure a lot of people from Indiana here.  :D :D

So a big welcome to you from a Tucsonian!

Hi Gattaca! How are things in Tucson? I've only been there a couple of times, but AZ is beautiful.  :)

Nice to meet you, and thanks for the warm greeting.

~Larz

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #275 on: June 28, 2006, 09:16:37 pm »
To Larz, I sent you a PM but I just wanted to welcome you here!  I'm so glad to see you here.  We always love it when good people join us.  Listen to me, I feel like an established member already and I haven't been here a week!  :)

Again, welcome!  We'll be talking soon!

Offline ZouBEini

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #276 on: June 28, 2006, 09:37:09 pm »
Hi Littlewing!  ;D  PM received and answered.  I also sent you one at IMDb earlier, but now that you know I'm here, uhhh - yeah. Never mind.  [hehe]

You may've only been here less than a week, but I see you're a Jr. Ranch Hand already. Do you have to shovel out the stalls?   :o  i hope not.

Thanks for the shout! I'm glad to see you.

~Larz

P.S. - I tend to call people by their actual names rather than by their screennames.  In your experience here, is that encouraged or not?  Actually, if anyone knows the answer to that question, I would like to know. Thanks!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #277 on: June 28, 2006, 10:32:30 pm »
I tend to call people by their actual names rather than by their screennames.  In your experience here, is that encouraged or not?  Actually, if anyone knows the answer to that question, I would like to know. Thanks!

Hello Zou - of course if you know the name of the person you are speaking to, it is quite appropriate to use names that are comfortable to the both of you. When I signed up, I was roboy (unfortunately, still am when in chat) but I quickly changed that to my real name - Both are used with ease, depending on the poster, and that's fine with me.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline ZouBEini

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #278 on: June 28, 2006, 11:20:00 pm »
Hi Roland, nice to meet you.  You are welcome to call me Larz if you like.

Thanks for your response and for the info.  I was flamed by strangers a few times for calling IMDb friends by their real names.  Those experiences have made me a bit hesitant, especially in a new environment.

I love your sig, BTW!  I'm still trying to choose one, but my all-time favorite siggy is unfortunately not from BBM, which makes me feel like a traitor!   ::)

~Larz

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #279 on: June 29, 2006, 01:52:54 am »
Boy! All kinds of new posts in this thread tonight.

Let's see, where should I start?

Hello to you all. Steven here. As an exception to the general rule, I am not from Indiana - rather, I'm a EuroBrokie from Gelderland, an eastern province of the Netherlands.

Hi stevenedel -

I saw a posting of yours in another thread, and I replied to it, but just in case you didn't see it...

Welkom in Bettermost en aangenaam vriend! I am looking forward to getting to know you better. You will enjoy it here. Everyone is very nice. :)

Hello, I am Larz. I live in Indiana (US) and came here from IMDb at the suggestion of Littlewing1957.  I am pleased to learn of this place.

Take care and I will see y'all soon!

Hi Larz! It is always nice to meet a fellow Hoosier here! Like Diane told you, I live in Indiana, Indianapolis to be exact. Welcome to Bettermost! Yes, Littlewing is great! I have been posting with her for several months now. She is a good friend! :)

Hello everyone!  ;D I'm new and also testing out my signature.  ??? Seems like a cool place, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. !!  :D

Hi Midnight24! Welcome to Bettermost. You will have a lot of fun here! :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.