Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858931 times)

Offline ZouBEini

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #290 on: July 02, 2006, 07:55:48 pm »
thank you all 4 the welcome!

I am slightly overwhelmed by this board, though....WHERE DO I START?  ??? :P :-X

There is so much to read, so much to post!

Melissa, I feel the same way!  :o  I want to read all the posts and respond, but there are so many! 

~Larz

Offline Midnight24

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Miss Princess
« Reply #291 on: July 02, 2006, 07:58:42 pm »
thank you all 4 the welcome!

I am slightly overwhelmed by this board, though....WHERE DO I START?  ??? :P :-X

There is so much to read, so much to post!

I was the same way when I first came, you just have to try to get used to the conversations, I guess. Don't worry, people won't bit if you try to posts in threads that are over 100+ posts.  ;D
~*One kiss...and bam...you're mine*~
Total and Complete Jake Lover!!!

Offline ZouBEini

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #292 on: July 02, 2006, 08:06:49 pm »
Happily, the "feel" of this place is totally different than at IMDb. 

So far everyone I've met has been extreeemly nice!  ;D

Offline Midnight24

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Miss Princess
« Reply #293 on: July 02, 2006, 08:09:53 pm »
Happily, the "feel" of this place is totally different than at IMDb. 

So far everyone I've met has been extreeemly nice!  ;D

Same with me!! Everyone I've met has been really nice to me, too!! It's such a good feeling, a lot better then on IMDb.
~*One kiss...and bam...you're mine*~
Total and Complete Jake Lover!!!

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #294 on: July 02, 2006, 08:16:58 pm »
I know I'm not the best one to talk about posting, I am also overwhelmed here, very often.

But I think it helps to pick a thread or series of threads that you really like, and just stick with them. And then to watch the recent posts on the bottom of the main page to see if there's anything interesting there that you'd like to post in response to.

Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #295 on: July 02, 2006, 09:40:12 pm »
It's amazing what we talk about on here too. I have been posting to a thread about fish tacos for weeks now.

Can you believe it? Of all things. Fish Tacos?

It's a lot of fun though, so I guess that's what counts.

We have started to broaden our conversation a little though. A few of us are beginning to discuss fish pizza! ;)

You'll do just fine here Melissa. Everyone is really nice and you will be conversing with many people in no time!

And I am very, very happy you are here my good friend! :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Bucky

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #296 on: July 04, 2006, 06:09:59 am »
Hi all,

I am a 43 year old male and I have to say that Brokeback Mountain affected me like no other movie.  Truth is I am like Jack and Ennis.  I live in an area where I have to keep my feelings repressed.  There were so many times I would have liked to have been in a relationship but I didn't have the courage to out myself to anyone.  I have dated girls but somehow I could never get emotionally involved in relationships with women so I am obviously gay but I keep it to myself.  So like Ennis I am alone. 

Once upon a time I did have a partner but it didn't pan out but I thought about him for so many years that I got his email address from a friend and although he is married he is having a relationship with a man and I got the impression that he was really in love with the guy so I am finally moving on and he is definitely apart of my past. 

Like some other posters have revealed about themselves I live in a very unfriendly area for gays.  It does feel better that I can say the word now and apply it to myself without having to worry or cringe.  I had my partner when I was much younger and in a college town which was a little more liberal than where I live. 

I consider myself a lover of the world although I live in a rather homogeneous rural area.  I think a lot people can't figure out why I never got married.  Thank goodness there are other non married people both women and men in my area who are my age or older so that keeps me from being so much the "odd man out."  I would love to visit the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Scandinavia.   Also visiting Australia someday is high on my agenda.  I love Australia and its people and I also would like to visit the area of Alberta where Brokeback Mountain was filmed.

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #297 on: July 04, 2006, 06:33:35 am »
Hi Bucky! Welcome - jump right in and post away! I'm from the UK so if you ever make that trip I could tell you all the best places to go!

Bettermost is a really friendly and supoortive community so i expect the welcome posts will be flooding in very shortly... :)
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline ZouBEini

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #298 on: July 04, 2006, 10:33:17 am »
Hi Bucky! Welcome.  It's nice to meet you.  ;D  I'm Larz, also a newbie here. 

This is a safe place where you'll not be attacked for being yourself.  I hope to see you around!  8)

~Larz

Offline bsmoby

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #299 on: July 04, 2006, 12:23:47 pm »
My name it Brent. Well, its the 4th of July and a great day to be an American.  Also, this morning I watched BBM for I think the 10th time.   I have been lurking for a couple weeks and decided give a big HELLO to everyone. 
I was on IMD for alwhile but now have crossed over to a 'better' place.
I am 40 and going to be 41 in less than a week live in Ohio and have a partner of 16 years. 
This movie hit me like a ton of bricks.  I am still finding out why.  Each time I watch BBM it effects me differently-always emotional though.
I dont have a problem with Ennis and Jack being in my head all the time but find they are in my heart.  I know sometimes at work I will get a mental vison of part of the movie and just get a warm  comming feeling overcome me.  So I know this movie is in my heart.
I listen to the soundtrack alot and for those who have not heard nor dont have the soundtrack you should it a great track.  There is a song on the track "Never going to say Goodbye" that I listen to alot.  I had to watch the movie again to see where it was in the movie.  Found it with Jack dancing with LeShawn.
So much about this movie.
I have recommeded this movie to a few people but have found most did not get it.   Its good to be hear from those that get it.