Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858828 times)

Offline ZouBEini

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #340 on: July 10, 2006, 08:25:35 pm »
Hello everyone!  It's nice to see so many friendly faces.  ;D

I'm also from IMDb, but had spent the majority of my time playing in the sandbox and on other boards until the trolls  >:( found something other than BBM to occupy their time.   :laugh:

~Larz

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #341 on: July 10, 2006, 10:53:39 pm »
I am a totally addicted BBM / Jack & Ennis fan, and knew I needed an outlet to express so much of what I have been feeling since first experiencing this film back in May '06...

My job keeps me busy, so my posts may be few and far between, but I am thankful for this forum, and have many friends here from IMDb.

I have never had a film have such an effect on me, and doubt I ever will again...  I watch at least part of the movie each night -- I almost can't fall asleep without Jack & Ennis' voices with me, which amazes even me still...

Daphne7661

Hey girl! We've already been communicating. I am so glad you are back from vacation. I look forward to seeing more of your posts!

I contineud to watch this movie every day when I came home from work until mid June.  So I watched it over 50 times.  It brought devastation, but it also brought a sence of peace in me that I can not explain, something no other movie has done before.  I also went out and bought the sound track, and it brought me a lot of peace and joy.  I feel like I'm a late boomer because this movie is still having a strong grab on me.  Anyone else still hooked by this movie and can not get away?

OMG! A kindred spirit! I have watched this film every single day (sometimes more than one time a day) ever since I got the DVD. It kills me. I am so completely addicted ... as are many others here at BetterMost. So, welcome. You'll love it!
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline Bucky

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #342 on: July 11, 2006, 02:41:22 am »
JT,

First of all welcome to the bettermost board.  I am a newbie myself over here having joined July 4th I believe.  I did see the movie on the big screen twice in February but it wasn't until I bought the dvd that I watched it fifteen to twenty times or maybe more and I was able to analyze the movie and finally formulate some thoughts on each dramatic scene.  I think it is an epic love story and it has made me analyze my own life.  I have had many relationships primarily with women but also with men especially one man.  I also don't think I will get married to satisfy anyone but myself.  Brokeback Mountain has made me realize that it is better to stay single than to wreck other lives just because that it is what one's family and friends expect.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #343 on: July 11, 2006, 02:55:16 am »
JT,

First of all welcome to the bettermost board.  I am a newbie myself over here having joined July 4th I believe.  I did see the movie on the big screen twice in February but it wasn't until I bought the dvd that I watched it fifteen to twenty times or maybe more and I was able to analyze the movie and finally formulate some thoughts on each dramatic scene.  I think it is an epic love story and it has made me analyze my own life.  I have had many relationships primarily with women but also with men especially one man.  I also don't think I will get married to satisfy anyone but myself.  Brokeback Mountain has made me realize that it is better to stay single than to wreck other lives just because that it is what one's family and friends expect.

Well Said Bucky!!  :D

The name Bucky makes me a little emotional by the way. But I love the name! I knew a guy named Bucky once. He was a great guy. I'm certain you are too.

Have I welcomed you to Bettermost  yet?

If not, Welcome! I am happy you joined us! If I already did, I apologize. There are so many people joining this forum, I often forget who I said hey to and who I haven't.

But, in any event I am glad you are here!  :)

Edited for spelling errors.  :(
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 02:58:31 am by David925 »
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #344 on: July 11, 2006, 10:40:10 am »
Diane,

Thanks for the warm welcome!  It is wonderful to know that there are so many kindred spirits here.  Being so new, I'm still figuring out how this place is set up, but I do think I'll love this place.

Bucky,

You said it well, friend!  I totally agree.  I think everyone will find something in this movie that reflects some situations in their own lives.  I never been through a relationship before, men or women, in my life.  But ruin another person's life kills me more than loneliness itself.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 06:10:34 pm by JT »

Offline Daphne7661

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #345 on: July 11, 2006, 11:44:18 am »
Hey David (David-Indiana),

Yes, I am the same Daphne7661 with whom you have been chatting over on IMDb, and thanks for that compliment!!!

I am happy to be here and hope to be corresponding with all my BBM friends.

I'm afraid my addiction deepens each day, sometimes worrying me.  But, when I read everyone else's posts, I realize I am not alone in my love of this film and these characters and it makes my heart glad.

See you around the boards.

Daphne7661
...Nice to know ya, Ennis del Mar...

Offline Bucky

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #346 on: July 11, 2006, 06:07:26 pm »
Well Said Bucky!!  :D

The name Bucky makes me a little emotional by the way. But I love the name! I knew a guy named Bucky once. He was a great guy. I'm certain you are too.

Have I welcomed you to Bettermost  yet?

If not, Welcome! I am happy you joined us! If I already did, I apologize. There are so many people joining this forum, I often forget who I said hey to and who I haven't.

But, in any event I am glad you are here!  :)

Edited for spelling errors.  :(

David,

You did already welcome me but I really appreciate your second welcome as well.  Bucky was a user name that I came up with but I thought it had a nice sound and sort of a western sound to it as well so that was how I decided to use the user name Bucky.  I remember  your posts on the IMDb board and thought that you were a very insightful and intelligent poster.  I always enjoyed your posts.

This forum is very nice and the best part is that it is "troll free" which is a relief to those of us who have posted on the IMDb board. I am looking forward to the posts and thoughts of people on this forum.  This forum seems to be a very user friendly board with a family atmosphere to it.  I am looking forward to reading more of your posts as time goes on.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 06:27:31 pm by Bucky »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #347 on: July 11, 2006, 06:58:32 pm »

David,

You did already welcome me but I really appreciate your second welcome as well. 

Well, I guess it's better to welcome someone twice than not at all!   ;)

This forum seems to be a very user friendly board with a family atmosphere to it.  I am looking forward to reading more of your posts as time goes on.

Back at 'cha Bucky! :)

And you're right. It is a very friendly place!

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kajunite

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #348 on: July 12, 2006, 01:29:05 pm »
Hey everybody!  This is an attractive board.  Someone is a creative talent!  I really love this movie.  I was 18 in 1963 and grew up much like Ennis with the spiritual and social stigma that made life lonely and sometimes hell.  I would allow myself no relationships but finally did make a lot of gay friends.  By the mid 80's I started losing friends to AIDS.  This movie is very emotional as I wish that upwards to 30 good friends could have enjoyed this movie and these discussions.  Some of them would be fanatics!

I am a retired Social Worker and have time to enjoy these boards and I will begin right now to read.  Thanks for this, I will enjoy it. 

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #349 on: July 12, 2006, 06:52:55 pm »
Welcome daphne7661, dly64, Bucky, and Kajunite. I'm pretty new here myself. Have fun! I'm sure we'll run into each other sooner or later.