Our BetterMost Community > BetterMost People

Collectibles!

<< < (2/42) > >>

David In Indy:
I purchased this Hummel at WH Block's, another local department store that is no longer in business. They had an artist from Goebel come and talk about the company and Hummels, and they had many different Hummel figurines for sale. This Hummel is actually a bank! You can see the key dangling from it. It is called "Little Thrifty" and it stands 5 inches tall...

The artist even signed my Hummel! God, he was cute! He was about 30 years old and he didn't speak any English at all. An elderly lady came with him and translated everything he said from German to English. Here is a picture of his autograph on the base of the Hummel. The original artist's initials are up at the top left of the base. Everything else written is by him. I'll never forget how cute he was - dark hair, a muscular body, and totally gorgeous!!

You can see the the locking mechanism and the original price tag.

David In Indy:
This Hummel is called "Runaway" and he is about 6 inches tall. He's a cute little guy, isn't he? My parents gave him to me one Christmas. I had my eye on him for a long time and somehow my Mom knew to buy him for me. I never talked about him to her nor Dad, so I really don't know how she figured it out. But there he was one Christmas, all wrapped up in a box and a bow!

This is the other side of the figurine. He carries a mandolin type instrument under his arm. I've always wondered what he's running away from? I'd like to think he's off on an innocent adventure and will be back in time for his supper. :)

David In Indy:
I joined the Goebel Collector's Club for several years, and they gave me a Hummel for joing their club. This little figurine stands about 2 1/2 inches tall. She is a limited edition Hummel. Goebel only manufactured her for one year and then they broke the mold. She was not sold in stores, you could only get her through the club. The little paper next to her came with the figurine but I can only read part of what it says. Maybe one of our German members could translate it for us if they peek at this thread.

Here is a picture of the base indicating she was obtained through the club...

David In Indy:
This Hummel is called "Doctor" and he is roughly 4 inches tall.

David In Indy:
This is another Hummel my Great Grandmother gave me. It is called "Doll Mother" and it is about 5 inches tall...

The next one is called "Prayer Before Battle" and it is also about 5 inches tall. I can't remember if I bought this one before or after my Great Grandmother gave me the Doll Mother Hummel...

But as you can see, they are a set! So it worked out pretty good, didn't it? Although Doll Mother is much older than the Prayer Before Battle Hummel. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version