Author Topic: Do any NY Brokies want to go out for a well-deserved drink today after work?  (Read 10271 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
People, after today's distressing lack of help from Admins, and this whole week, I need a drink!!! (and I am not usually one to say that, but...)

Me and Amy (who *just* got back from Rome) are meeting after I get off work and we want you to come too!! If Surf, John, Meryl, Karl (NYCx--has he been invited?), Fopper, or any other NY brokies here want to meet up, let's do it!

Write back here or email me.  ;)
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
DAMN IT! Why can't I live in NY!?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
Hiya Jenny! I finally made it over her after hours of begging my sister to get off the computer. Wow there are so many Tremblayans here, it is amazing. I am sorry, as you know I don't live in NY but I am there with you in spirit!  :-* Have fun what ever you do.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 06:09:53 pm by Becky »
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club

People, after today's distressing lack of help from Admins, and this whole week, I need a drink!!! (and I am not usually one to say that, but...)

Me and Amy (who *just* got back from Rome) are meeting after I get off work and we want you to come too!! If Surf, John, Meryl, Karl (NYCx--has he been invited?), Fopper, or any other NY brokies here want to meet up, let's do it!

I'll be up in NY from April 7 through 11th visiting my family and I would love to meet you guys..I'll buy...

In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Surf

Where...I won't be leaving until 6pm though...

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
Jenny,

I have a 'prior engagement,' which is just as well--after a hellacious week, I look as if I had just tunneled my way out of the Chateau d'If (at least I feel that way)--

I'll beg for a raincheck, please, to be redeemed in the very near future, and at the convenience of y'all. I'm on 60th and Mad--you're on 42nd, yes? Maybe we should stick pins in map of Manhattan and see what's central for everyone?

As Mike Meyers channeling his mother-in-law used to say: "We'll tawk."

John

PS--

Tell Amy hello and welcome back from Rome--Amy, madly envious! Where did you stay?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 05:42:02 pm by jmmgallagher »
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
oh wow peeps..

You're making me wanna go to NY again with all this "I'm on blah and blah"  >:(

All very cool. nxt time I come to NY you're ALL meeting me! I don't care if you don't want to!!

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

Offline wtbgirl

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Hey John - I stayed at the Hotel Mondial on Via Torino - it is around the corner from Plaza Republique and about a 5 minute walk from the Spanish Steps.  I drank more wine than humanly possible and amonst other crazy stories, met Jack Wagner (known to the world as Dr. Peter Burns from Melrose Place for the 90s generation and, in a place ALWAYS close to my then-teenage heart, played Frisco Jones on General Hospital in the 80s.)  He was a doll, and after he spilled gelatto on his jeans, used my napkin to wipe it up (wished I was the napkin!)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
Kelda,

We're rats in a right-angled maze, and we think in checkerboard terms--up, down, left, right--at least in midtown, anyway--
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline wtbgirl

• Sr. Ranch Hand
OK folks - I spoke to Jenny - here is the 411 - we are meeting at Park Bar, 15th Street between Union Square West and 5th Avenue, around 6 pm.  We'll be there for awhile so feel free to drop by after 6 if you don't get off work until then!

For the NY Brokies that have not met me, I will be wearing a short sleeve black button down shirt and jeans.  Since I still have "plnae head" from the flight back from Rome, I have my hair back in a ponytail and have big hoop earrings on for easy identification. 

Amy
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 06:40:25 pm by amy7769 »

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
oh but to live in NY!

(you always wanna live somewhere you think is 'exotic' and more exciting..home isn't that though!)

I arrived in NY for the first time in feb '05 on the chinatown buses from Boston all on my own and of course sh*t myself cos I was completely confused as there is no grid system up there!

Luckily,after about 5 mins of me getting a bit frantic & not being able to work out where I was in the map, I flagged down a cab to my hostel beside times sq!

ooh! amy you're making me jealous - (Love the little feature that tells you someone else has posted while you have been typing!)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
aww poor you, david...  :(

:-* :-* :-*

kisses for you to make ya feel better (and some cherry cake!)

and get Paul to tuck you into bed!

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
Oooh, I'll come!

Oh wait, I'm 19 and don't drink.

And ph wait, I'm in Chicago.

Hmm. This could be a problem....

Surf

Just got home from drinking with Amy and Jen, I'm totally drunk and can hardly tiyep...alahahahahahahaahahah. I'm ordering imexican food and watching "Y tu mama tambien' ahahahaha, it was fun lol.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
Hey, it's only 6 hours too late, but I would've tried to make it if I'd seen this earlier!  Oh well, hope you had one for me.  :D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
HEY Everyone!!

I am officially laughing my ass off (and LOVING that I can write that here without it being censored!!) at all the great comments of jealousy and, "I'll-be-there,-but-wait,-I-am-1000-miles-away-and-underage"!!

I was SOOO drunk when I got home that I passed out for an hour or two, but now I am back! It was super fun and a really needed break from all the stress and sleeplessness this week.

Changing gears here....the truth is, after I got over being totally drunk, I finally had a really, really long sob about this movie and the world's hatred and intolerance (exemplified by the trolls' utter ruthlessness in trying to destroy our home this week). It's been so long in coming, and it felt so good to finally let it out. For Jack, for Ennis, for Matthew.

Then I went onto IMDb and found the world basically surviving on CT and TOB. I guess the take over I thought might be happening was stopped. It was a freakin' hard day today, with the Admins sending me a canned message that in NO way matched my request to do something about the Brokeback Mountain message board, to fears of trolls infesting this new board...

I think today was the last straw of a really hard week for me. Meeting Meryl and getting this board up were the two HUGE saving graces in an otherwise infuriating and depressing few days.

But, I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for being in this family. I can't begin to tell you [how good it feels]....

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
Awwwwwww, Jenny honey - we love you too!  It sounds like between you and Surf there were enough drinks consumed for all of us that would have come were it not for unfortunate geography.  Glad you got to have a good cathartic cryfest. 

Luv ya babe!  :-*
   Cowboys do it better

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
Jenny, thanks for the unburdening.  I think I envy you that almost as much as the confab with our fellow Brokies.  It always feels good to have a cleansing cry.  You were the bright spot in my week, too, what with real life stress and the troll awfulness.

I'm wondering if maybe Saturday the 22nd looks good for people to do brunch, either in Manhattan or maybe in Heath & Michelle's neighborhood in Brooklyn.  With enough notice, maybe a few out-of-towners could join us.  That is, if the Army don't get 'em.  ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl

I'm wondering if maybe Saturday the 22nd looks good for people to do brunch, either in Manhattan or maybe in Heath & Michelle's neighborhood in Brooklyn.  With enough notice, maybe a few out-of-towners could join us.  That is, if the Army don't get 'em.  ;)

Oh hell, I am out of town that weekend!!! How about ....any other time???

There was also talk a few weeks ago about having a DVD release viewing party...the weekend of Easter would be great for a road trip! If anyone feels like helping to organize that, especially offering a place to have it (I was thinking Chicago would be doable) then let's talk! I'll start a thread about it.

But definitely gotta do brunch in NYC ver' soon.

Jenny

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
Aw man I didn't see this until today...and I could've used it myself yesterday!  I had no idea there were many (or any) NYers on this site.  I would definitely be into it another time or some weekend.  Keep me in mind!

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
Oh hell, I am out of town that weekend!!! How about ....any other time???

How about Saturday, April 29th?
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Saturday the 29th of April would be great! Should we start a new thread??

How about you start that one Meryl, and I'll start one asking about the DVD release thing.

Jenny

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
Done, Jenny!

Gotta go to work, but will check back later.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

dmmb_Mandy

*Soooooo jealous*. I LOVE NY. If only I didn't live on this little island of Newfie-land..

Surf

I was SOOO drunk when I got home that I passed out for an hour or two, but now I am back! It was super fun and a really needed break from all the stress and sleeplessness this week.

You only had two drinks!

Offline wtbgirl

• Sr. Ranch Hand
I had a great time with you guys last night - I myself was quite intoxicated when I got home!  That, however, didn't stop me from watching Brokeback in its entirety when I got home, drunkenly sobbing through the sadder parts of the film - lol. 

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl

You only had two drinks!

Wasn't it three?? And not much food in me....I'm a lightweight, what can I say?

Surf

You only had two drinks!

Wasn't it three?? And not much food in me....I'm a lightweight, what can I say?

Did you?  I thought I had four.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl

The truth may never be known. We should ask Amy! Hey when I get my game going here don't give out all the answers ok? Let everyone play!

Offline reannawrites

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • I'm a brokie and proud of it!

I'm thinkin I need to head over to NY right now!!

I'm glad you guys met up and had a great time

I so wish I could be there next time!!

Lots of love to all,
Reanna  :)
I had a lovers quarrel with the world - Robert Frost.