Author Topic: Read Me: Please Remember Our Community Rules  (Read 8570 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Read Me: Please Remember Our Community Rules
« on: December 23, 2008, 01:14:19 am »
Although we respect the right of our BetterMost bloggers to moderate their respective blogs, please remember that all of the original rules of BetterMost apply to all blogs hosted here.  Namely, personal attacks on other residents here are not permitted, rules regarding copyright and legal content must be respected, and all blogs are subject to review by our own moderators to enforce these rules.

You can help us by making sure your blog stays within the scope of our community rules so we don't have to get involved in enforcing any rules violations.  If we are repeatedly forced to intervene in a blog because of rules violations, its position within the community can become untenable.

I appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: Read Me: Please Remember Our Community Rules
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 11:34:26 am »
The time has come, I believe, to reiterate the nature of blogging at BetterMost and that rules that apply.

An individual who has a blog is the moderator of his or her own blog.  In essence, your blog is your living room.  You may choose what you wish to discuss and with whom you wish to have the discussion.  You may delete posts that other members make in your blog at your discretion or even at your whim.  You do not have to be fair and balanced about deleting posts from your blog in the same way that BetterMost moderators strive to be across the forum.  In fact, you can make your blog invitation-only or have threads for which you may ask other members not to reply.

However, you may not make posts in your blog that attack other members of BetterMost.  The No Personal Attack rule still applies.  It is also against BetterMost rules to divulge the content of Personal Messages unless both/all parties agree to make the information public.

Although David and I, as well as the rest of the moderating team, strive to read individual blogs (because we like to!), it is virtually impossible for us to read every post.  Please use the 'Report to Moderator' function if you see a post in a blog that violates the No Personal Attack rule.

Best regards,

Lynne
Co-moderator, Our Daily Thoughts
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 01:48:51 pm by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."