Author Topic: Most Annoying Travel Habits  (Read 49909 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Most Annoying Travel Habits
« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2009, 10:37:21 pm »
I used to work in a medical transcriptionist office and they're an independent breed of folk ("They eat their young", another escapee of such an office told me).  They keep odd hours, walking in at any time of the day and night to work.

One obese lady - not quite sure what her home life was like, if she even had one, rumor had it she was living in her car inbetween working two jobs - usually got very warm while working.  Especially after hours when the building cut the air off.  She would turn a fan on and sit there in her underwear and work.

Not a pretty sight.  :P

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2009, 10:53:36 pm »
What's so nauseating about clipping one's toenails?

Now, if he'd been chewing his toenails. ...  :P  :-X

Yeah, but he was cleaning them too! Yuck! :P

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2009, 10:56:33 pm »
Off topic a bit, but when I worked as a clinical chemist, I was running the diabetic clinic one afternoon. The next patient blew his nose into his hand and then offered me the same hand to do the thumb prick on. GROSS I could not conceal my disgust and gave him several antiseptic wipes.

Actually I could start a whole thread on the gross things in hospital life.!!!

The poll, all annoy me, but seat recliners are the limit. I normally slide down in my seat and shove my knees into their back.If that does not work I slam the table up and down.Most normally get the drift.

Ewww, he blew is nose into his hand? That is really nasty! I think I should stop reading this thread. I feel like I'm about to heave. :laugh:

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2009, 01:54:37 am »

This thread has turned into:  how gross can people get, or be.  SO DISGUSTING.  Each one worse than the last.

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2009, 02:44:39 am »

This thread has turned into:  how gross can people get, or be.  SO DISGUSTING.  Each one worse than the last.

And yet it remains funny! :laugh:

I can't stay away from it. Every time someone posts in here I look! :D

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2009, 09:09:26 am »
And yet it remains funny! :laugh:

I can't stay away from it. Every time someone posts in here I look! :D

Ditto !! It's a bit like trying not to rubber neck by as you drive past a car crash.

A long tme ago when I was working in the hospital lab. we had to do a test every Friday called a faecal fat. I will spare you the details but it was done on a 3 day collection.

The most junior person in the lab had to do it and it was gross, even in the fume cupboard. One week the new lad in the lab found it was his turn. We had all learned at Uni. that long,long ago they used to test for diabetes by sticking a fnger in urine and if it was sweet, the px was diabetic.
 The previous night, one of the samples had been substited with  chocolate , partly melted and gravy mix.Pretty realistic.

The folowing morning the guy demonstrating the test, reminded the unsuspecting lad of the old diabetes test and proceeded to dmonstrate with the dummy sample what was required of the fat test.
 Exclaiming out loud, high leverl triglycerides, LDL and HDL within rasonable parameters, the next thing the boy had fainted. I laughed so much my sides hurt.

He moved into cytology not long after.

I could do a whole section on hospital life. I think being surrounded by sick and dying humans, often working at night  etc brings out the sick, macabre in some people, it is a sort of protection barrier. Many people became terrible hypochondriacs, often doing as many tests on themselves as others, myself included.

This post can be moved or deleted if it is too offensive, my sense of humour radar is set pretty low.

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2009, 10:13:22 am »
The poll appears to be closed, but I would have voted "other" --

It seems like anytime I've traveled anywhere by air, there's always someone dragging a piece of carry-on luggage the size of an oldtime steamer trunk, and if airlines have any rules about the size you take on, they apparently don't enforce them. At least half the time, this traveler is neither in the back of the plane nor the front, but right in the middle, where they can stop, root through the overhead compartments and then call "CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME GET THIS UP HERE?"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #137 on: April 21, 2009, 01:52:43 pm »
Here's an irony. Oftentimes when you go to a restaurant that has large portions (such as a buffet) you're given tiny little plates to put the food on, whereas when you go to a fine restaurant with high prices, they present you with a dish as big as a serving platter, with a few small pieces of food artfully arranged in the middle. Strange.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2009, 02:14:48 pm »
Here's an irony. Oftentimes when you go to a restaurant that has large portions (such as a buffet) you're given tiny little plates to put the food on, whereas when you go to a fine restaurant with high prices, they present you with a dish as big as a serving platter, with a few small pieces of food artfully arranged in the middle. Strange.

:laugh:  Very astute observation, FRiend Lee!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.