Author Topic: Operation Wikipedia  (Read 3724 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Operation Wikipedia
« on: March 31, 2006, 05:43:53 pm »
I am enlisting helpers to monitor and keep BetterMost listed on the Wikipedia for Brokeback Mountain under the discussion forums.  It stayed listed for well over a month and now suddenly we are being subjected to people editing the site off their list.

Wikipedia works by individuals editing content openly and freely.  What one person deletes, anyone else can put back.  I have learned that links stay listed when there is a group effort to put them back the moment someone removes them, and then eventually they give up trying to change things.  I need a small group of people that can visit the Wikipedia entry for Brokeback and reinsert our line anytime someone deletes it.  BetterMost earned a place there after we became relevant to a lot of people who saw this film.  I'm not about to let people just delete us.

Truth be told, we probably don't get a huge number of visitors from the Wikipedia listing, but I refuse to see us edited out there either.

If you'd like to join our little army, let me know and I'll provide instructions.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: Operation Wikipedia
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 07:33:29 pm »
Just tell me what to do, Phillip.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Peter John Shields

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • On a river bank.
    • My web page.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 07:42:32 pm »
Hi Phillip,
I would be happy to help,
Peter
Cheerio,
PJ

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 11:48:05 pm »
Actually in thinking about this, before I invest effort into it, I am wondering if anyone found BetterMost through the Wikipedia article about BBM.  If it turns out nobody has, I won't make this a big deal. 
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline mrbob

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 02:01:25 pm »
Actually in thinking about this, before I invest effort into it, I am wondering if anyone found BetterMost through the Wikipedia article about BBM.  If it turns out nobody has, I won't make this a big deal. 

Actually, I did, and would like to see it stay listed, especially with the DVD coming out and the people who will no doubt then be looking for a place to turn.

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 04:34:52 pm »
Just let me know what to do Philip...and I'm THERE!!!

Nancy
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)