Author Topic: Bounce! It's more than just a dryer sheet!  (Read 2959 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Bounce! It's more than just a dryer sheet!
« on: January 14, 2009, 03:52:42 pm »
My niece sent me this. I was pretty amazed at all the different possible uses. :)

Bounce This Along! 

The US Postal service sent out a message to all
letter carriers to put a sheet of Bounce in their uniform pockets to  keep yellow-jackets away.

Use them all the time when playing baseball and
soccer. I use it when I am working outside. It really works. The
insects just veer around you.

All this time you've just been putting Bounce  in the dryer!

1. It will chase ants away when you lay a  sheet near them. It also repels  mice.

2. Spread sheets around foundation areas,  or in trailers, or cars that are sitting and it keeps mice from entering your vehicle.

3. It takes the odor out of books and photo  albums that don't get opened too often.

4. It repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of  Bounce through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season.

5. Eliminate static electricity from your  television (or computer) screen.

6. Since Bounce is designed to help  eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling.

7. Dissolve soap scum from shower doors.  Clean with a sheet of Bounce.

8. To freshen the air in your home - Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a drawer or hang in the closet.

9. Put Bounce sheet in vacuum cleaner.

10. Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a sheet of Bounce before beginning to sew.

11. Prevent musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce inside empty luggage before storing.

12. To freshen the air in your car - Place a  sheet of Bounce under the front seat.

13. Clean baked-on foods from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in a pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static agent apparently weakens the bond between the food and the pan.

14. Eliminate odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom of the wastebasket.

15. Collect cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will magnetically attract all the lose hairs.

16. Eliminate static electricity from Venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling.

17. Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet of Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.

18. Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.

19. Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or sneakers overnight.

20. Golfers put a Bounce sheet in their back pocket to keep the bees away.

21. Put a Bounce sheet in your sleeping bag and tent before folding and storing them. It will keep them smelling fresh.

22. Wet a Bounce sheet, hose down your car, and wipe lovebugs off easily with the wet Bounce.

It keeps mentioning Bounce, but I'm pretty certain it would work using other brands of dryer sheets too. :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Bounce! It's more than just a dryer sheet!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 04:18:46 pm »
Ohhh.....Bounce has many uses!  Cool!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 02:25:06 pm »
Who knew?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 02:58:54 pm »
12. To freshen the air in your car - Place a  sheet of Bounce under the front seat.

18. Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.

I have a dryer sheet under the front seat in my car and in the hampers at home, but I never realized all the other uses.  I'll try it on the shower doors this weekend!

Thanks, David!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 03:06:09 pm »

I have a dryer sheet under the front seat in my car and in the hampers at home, but I never realized all the other uses.  I'll try it on the shower doors this weekend!

Thanks, David!
Marie

You're welcome Marie!

Sometimes I fold up a dryer sheet and put it in my pocket. It helps to protect against static shocks during the winter. I got a great big jolt yesterday when I touched my TV screen. Needless to say I didn't have a dryer sheet in my pocket at the time. :laugh: >:(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Anya_Angie

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Figure skating is not figure jumping! - Ilia Kulik
    • Balletic Tzar
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 02:03:59 pm »
Great tips! I noticed that this one was not in it, so I thought I would share it with you.

I had read online that if you rub your wet dog/pet with a sheet of fabric softener, it would take the "wet dog smell" away. I've tried this on my stepdad's dog and it does make a difference.
You can tell the sun in his jealous sky when we walked in fields of gold...

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 01:51:54 am »

Bounce is great to put on each shelf of your linen shelves or cabinets.  It keeps the sheets and
pillow cases, and the towels smelling fresh as well.

Beautiful mind