Author Topic: Nature journal  (Read 19682 times)

injest

Re: Nature journal
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2006, 08:18:39 pm »
and here are some pansies!!

In Texas, if you have a garden with flowers you have to have Pansies in the winter...It's the LAW!!  :P

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2006, 04:38:24 am »
I took these pics today......its at a lagoon in a big park in my town.....we often take our grandkids to "feed the ducks"....we used to take our own kids here, many years ago......

Not sure if you have these birds over there.....our black swans, which are actually the sympbol for Western Australia (Heath's home state)....and pelicans.......

They are all quite tame here at the lagoon, and fly in when someone is there with some bread for them to eat....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2006, 11:51:30 pm »
Nice to see these pics with lots of snow on the ground where I am!! I made a short trip outside today to admire the Christmas lights that my husband put up and the full moon.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

injest

« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2006, 08:25:07 am »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2006, 03:15:20 pm »
More about the Columbine connection to the dove: From The Once and Future Goddess, "Christians later adopted the dove as a sign of the Holy Ghost, but originally the bird stood for Sophia, God's female soul." The dove was also the emblem of Aphrodite/Venus, the Goddess of Love and Beauty, during Greek and Roman times.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Andrew

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2007, 09:17:06 pm »
It was a gloriously wrong day today in New England, reaching 69 sunny degrees F in Boston.  Wild sloths could not have kept me indoors.  I threw on T-shirt, shorts and sandals and spent the day hiking around first toward Jamaica Pond then at Stonybrook Reservation. 

These pictures were loaded up to Phillip's new find DivShare, then I copied and pasted the fullsize .jpg name, clicked on the picture button here and edited 'img' to 'img width=700' since I prefer them just to display at full width, as opposed to having to click on a thumbnail.

injest

« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2007, 11:09:08 pm »
yes, it WAS a beautiful day...

oh that felt SOOOO good...

injest

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2007, 08:42:32 pm »
ok this is not the greatest picture in the world...but I like it...the colors...white and black and blue..

« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 12:59:34 am by injest »

Offline Andrew

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2007, 10:01:04 pm »
You posted that picture of winter trees and clear sky in the right topic, Jess, if you wanted someone who appreciated simplicity to see it.  This is the thread the Quaker made.

injest

« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2007, 01:01:39 am »
 ;)

I figured if anyone would like it or get the feeling behind it you would...it was a nice day...