Author Topic: How do you consecrate a new home?  (Read 21811 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: How do you consecrate a new home?
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2009, 04:05:47 pm »
Wow, mine is March 6th...okay I'll get a nice bunch of Rocky Mtn sage to you by March 1st!

February 21, 2008...I remember it well. The Denver Brokies were lolling in the jacuzzi until the eclipse started, killing time. EDelMar phoned Vermont Sunset to sync watches. As the time drew near, he jumped out of the jacuzzi to set up the tripod and camera. I noticed he was shivering, so I grabbed my towel to run in and get a bathrobe to throw over his shoulders. There was a noise like 'glub,' and I suddenly realized that Adam's phone was on top of my towel. But no more...it was in the water! My hand plunged in after it and then I opened it and it made a noise and then the light came on, but then the light went out and the noise stopped. Offline Chuck next to me said, Did you just do what I thought you did? I looked at him with my misery face. I then spent the next 45 minutes standing around with a towel draped over my naked body while directing a hair dryer at the phone, and I didn't get to see the eclipse!! Happy ending: The phone was fine, and Adam didn't die of pneumonia after all! Plus we got a great shot of the eclipse!! Let's see, where is it...(Lee rummages around in My Pictures).
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2009, 04:45:14 pm »
Hey Lynne -

Indians crack coconuts as part of a ceremony for an auspicious inauguration of a dwelling.  I can't remember if you use 3 or just one, but you would invite an honored guest to smash the coconut and say a few good words.  You take the coconut and smash it hard against the entryway so that it breaks and the sweet juice gets all over.  I remember then that we gathered the coconut pieces (they were still very large), washed and cut them up and then shared them.

Do be careful if you try it - the pieces can be sharp and fly up/out.

C
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2009, 04:49:30 pm »
Just some additional context for the whole coconut thing....

"Breaking of a coconut generally forms a small part of an inaugural function. But the meeting organised in connection with the launch of the Syamnagar Colony Residents' Welfare Association was dominated by `coconut talk'. As part of a puja that preceded the meeting, Municipal Commissioner N. Gulzar, chief guest of the meeting, was asked to break a coconut. It took only two hard blows for Mr. Gulzar to break it into two equal halves. This was enough for the association members to smother Mr. Gulzar with praise. Every single speaker began his speech by referring to the `two equal halves' of the coconut, considered auspicious."
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2009, 01:57:20 pm »
Wow, mine is March 6th...okay I'll get a nice bunch of Rocky Mtn sage to you by March 1st!

February 21, 2008...I remember it well. The Denver Brokies were lolling in the jacuzzi until the eclipse started, killing time. EDelMar phoned Vermont Sunset to sync watches. As the time drew near, he jumped out of the jacuzzi to set up the tripod and camera. I noticed he was shivering, so I grabbed my towel to run in and get a bathrobe to throw over his shoulders. There was a noise like 'glub,' and I suddenly realized that Adam's phone was on top of my towel. But no more...it was in the water! My hand plunged in after it and then I opened it and it made a noise and then the light came on, but then the light went out and the noise stopped. Offline Chuck next to me said, Did you just do what I thought you did? I looked at him with my misery face. I then spent the next 45 minutes standing around with a towel draped over my naked body while directing a hair dryer at the phone, and I didn't get to see the eclipse!! Happy ending: The phone was fine, and Adam didn't die of pneumonia after all! Plus we got a great shot of the eclipse!! Let's see, where is it...(Lee rummages around in My Pictures).

Here 'tis!!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2009, 05:23:04 pm »

May you receive all good things. and tidings in your new home.  May you have peace,
love and tranquility there as well.  May you feel always safe, and joyous.  These things
I always wish for you my very sweet and dear friend.  You deserve every good and wonderful
thing that life has to offer.  Love janice

Beautiful mind

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2009, 10:11:51 am »

P.S.  The Jack and Ennis rubber duckies love their new bathroom!

BBM rubber ducks!? I need to see a pic of this!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2009, 11:55:11 am »

Life conspired so that there's no consecrating until I get settled in Boston sometime in the next few weeks, but I haven't forgotten all the good ideas here.  I have a list.

;)

I will definitely take a picture of the rubber duckies!  There may already be one on-line...if I can find it I'll point you there.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline optom3

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2009, 07:38:57 pm »
You could have sex on the living room carpet.

>:D

I can be very shallow, so I would say, sex in every room and on every surface. Failing that, I have to get my TV/DVD/SOUND SYSTEM  set up and then I am a happy bunny.IfI can watch BBM and Heath, and listen to the BBM sound track, I am pretty well set up. I have no life though so what do I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only other thinh I always do is put out my dreis lucky white heather. As you know, my life is messy, so perhaps do the exact opposite to what I suggest.

My final suggestion is, throw a party and invite all your Bettermostfriends round. We will fill your house with love and happiness.Not only that, you will have some lovely memories and photos, if the nights get a bit long.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2009, 07:56:31 pm »

I will definitely take a picture of the rubber duckies!  There may already be one on-line...if I can find it I'll point you there.

I have a pic of them on the "collectables" thread.  You can see them at this link.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,31002.msg478130.html#msg478130

they were a gift from a Brokie!  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2009, 07:40:04 pm »
I thought it was a cup of sugar?

Time to consecrate your new home, Lynne!!