Author Topic: Toilet Seats  (Read 15220 times)

injest

Re: Toilet Seats
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 01:50:35 am »
I hate hovercraft...that is what I call women that won't sit on a public toilet seat so she hovers above and splatters all over the seat. I dont' know why they won't raise the seat up if they are going to do that!

plus I dont see how they keep from getting themselves wet.. ::) ::)

man, I always have the most intellectual threads, don't I?

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 01:53:55 am »
I hate hovercraft...that is what I call women that won't sit on a public toilet seat so she hovers above and splatters all over the seat. I dont' know why they won't raise the seat up if they are going to do that!

plus I dont see how they keep from getting themselves wet.. ::) ::)

man, I always have the most intellectual threads, don't I?

Yup! You asked the question Jess! You started it. :P

Hovercraft! :laugh: :laugh:

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 09:31:03 pm »
I don't really care if the seat is up or down. 

Yes, I've fallen in before, but I don't make a splash landing, I just get a bit more cold enamel than I bargained for.  I just haul myself back up, do my business and go on my merry way.

Not a battle I think worth the trouble.

However, when no men are in my life, I keep the top down and lid shut because my Kenobi cat likes to play in the toilet, then leave wet puddles all over.  :P

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2009, 02:34:50 pm »

I couldn't agree more!  And then they don't bother to wipe the seat, just leave it for the next person to deal with.  That's one of my major pet peeves!  :P  >:(
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2009, 02:54:43 pm »
I couldn't agree more!  And then they don't bother to wipe the seat, just leave it for the next person to deal with.  That's one of my major pet peeves!  :P  >:(

I had no idea women "hovered" like that in the public bathrooms! That's a riot! :laugh:

I don't blame them though. Public bathrooms are disgusting. I avoid them at all costs. I'd much rather just hold it in until I get home. Besides, I have a very shy bladder.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2009, 07:22:49 pm »
I had no idea women "hovered" like that in the public bathrooms! That's a riot! :laugh:

I don't blame them though. Public bathrooms are disgusting. I avoid them at all costs. I'd much rather just hold it in until I get home. Besides, I have a very shy bladder.

fine! then raise the seat up, is all I ask...it gives you easier access and makes less splatter and you don't mess up the seat for someone that has more sense and less inhibition!

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2009, 01:57:54 pm »
I can't remember last time I cried and laughed at the same time so much! This thread has had me in stitches!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As a cystitis sufferer (inflammation of the bladder) I visit the loo lots of times during the day. And as a cystitis sufferer I prefer to sit with the loo seat up.  It is the recommended position  for emptying the bladder properly, for women that is.  While it feels rather cold in winter it is pleasent in summer.  I only do that at home, when I am out I follow different rules depending on where I am, and I am very respectul of others.
I must be the only female who voted "seat up".
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 01:35:04 am by sel »
BbM, I swear

injest

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2009, 02:01:25 pm »
I can't remember last time I cried and laughed at the same time so much! This thread has had me in stitches!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As a cystitis sufferer (inflammation of the bladder) I visit the loo lots of times during the day. And as a cystitis sufferer I prefer to sit with the loo sit up.  It is the recommended position  for emptying the bladder properly, for women that is.  While it feels rather cold in winter it is pleasent in summer.  I only do that at home, when I am out I follow different rules depending on where I am, and I am very respectul of others.
I must be the only female who voted "sit up".

how sweet!! you've revived one of my more intellectual threads!!

injest

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2009, 02:02:49 pm »
Even a man with the best aim still leaves splatter on the seat and environs when standing to widdle. It may not necessarily be blatantly obvious, but the mist is most definitely there, even if big nasty droplets are not. For this reason, and for the sake of simple, basic hygiene, I believe we should, therefore, follow the cultural example of Muslim men and sit to do wee-wees.

No matter what your gender, the lid should always be closed when flushing for both #1's and #2's. Reason? I've seen footage of a flush in close-up slow-mo, and it is one of the most scary things I've ever seen. You've seen those slow-mo horror pics of a sneeze, with zillions of tiny sneeze droplets projecting out from your nose, all the way to Calcutta? Well, same thing with the toilet flush. Microscopic spray from the bowl sprays up into the room, carrying with it tiny particles of whatever little treasure you just deposited in the bowl. If you don't put the lid down, you breathe in these particles. Put down the lid when flushing!

Oh, and all public urinals, worldwide, should be banned IMHO! They're so sexist. I mean, there aren't any urinals in women's toilets; even though woman are quite capable, anatomically, of using them; so why should men be subjected to such a degrading ritual?

THIS is where I read that....yesterday I was at work and we were out of paper towels in the break room so someone got some from the roll in the toilet...

I was having NO PART of it...I was remembering this about the mist!!

we opened a NEW roll from the supply cabinet!

injest

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2009, 02:05:39 pm »

my sister does too...she used to leave work and drive all the way home if she needed to go.

hated to go on long trips with her, that woman can hold it longer than anyone I know.