Author Topic: Toilet Seats  (Read 14949 times)

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: Toilet Seats
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2009, 02:15:59 pm »
THIS is where I read that....yesterday I was at work and we were out of paper towels in the break room so someone got some from the roll in the toilet...

I was having NO PART of it...I was remembering this about the mist!!

we opened a NEW roll from the supply cabinet!

Once at work we were told that it has been prooven that  traces of urine can be found in the bowl filled with nuts placed on  counters in bars. People go to the toilet don't wash their hands, or don't do it properly, and then dig their dirty hands into the nut bowl!  I haven't touched nuts/crisps since unless they've come straight from a packet.

BbM, I swear

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2009, 02:24:02 pm »

However, when no men are in my life, I keep the top down and lid shut because my Kenobi cat likes to play in the toilet, then leave wet puddles all over.  :P

Your cat likes to swim in the toilet? ???

My cat will sometimes jump up on the counter next to the sink and watch the water swirl around, but I doubt he'd ever jump in. He doesn't like water at all.

I remember seeing pictures of your kitty, Del. He/she is a very beautiful cat. Very statuesque. :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2009, 02:26:49 pm »
Once at work we were told that it has been prooven that  traces of urine can be found in the bowl filled with nuts placed on  counters in bars. People go to the toilet don't wash their hands, or don't do it properly, and then dig their dirty hands into the nut bowl!  I haven't touched nuts/crisps since unless they've come straight from a packet.

OMG!! :P

Isn't that awful? I always worry about touching the door when leaving a public bathroom, but nuts in a bowl never crossed my mind. Ewww. Thanks for telling us about it Sel. Even though it's very disgusting, it's a good thing to know. People really should be more considerate to others.

injest

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2009, 02:35:44 pm »

ewwww!!

and on the news the other day (since we are on the subject of germy stuff) they were saying that the number one nastiest, germiest thing most of us come into contact with is.....

drum roll............

a purse!!

yep! we carry it everywhere (including public toilets), sit it down on floors, cabinets, shelves, desks..

YUCK!!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2009, 10:50:14 pm »

That reminds me of a woman I used to work with. She hated double-dipping. Don't know what double-dipping is? Imagine you're at a social function, catered with finger food. You've been enjoying some of the dipping sauces on offer. And then you notice someone dipping a cocktail sausage in the dipping sauce, taking a big sloppy bite of the sausage and then re-dipping the remaining, half-eaten piece of sausage, drool and all, back into the dipping sauce. Yetch! Anyway, this woman I worked with had such a aversion to double-dipping, she was known to yell at an offender, from across a crowded room, "No double-dipping!!!" And I, for one, was glad she did. 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2009, 10:58:02 pm »
And then you notice someone dipping a cocktail sausage in the dipping sauce, taking a big sloppy bite of the sausage and then re-dipping the remaining, half-eaten piece of sausage, drool and all, back into the dipping sauce.

Double dipping has been talked about in the U. S. a lot, I believe that there was an episode of Seinfeld that addressed that.

What happens now is (to use your example) someone takes the sausage, dips one end, and eats.  They they turn the sausage around, hold the eaten end in their fingers, dip the clean end into the dip, and then eat the rest of the sausage.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2009, 11:01:08 pm »
That reminds me of a woman I used to work with. She hated double-dipping. Don't know what double-dipping is? Imagine you're at a social function, catered with finger food. You've been enjoying some of the dipping sauces on offer. And then you notice someone dipping a cocktail sausage in the dipping sauce, taking a big sloppy bite of the sausage and then re-dipping the remaining, half-eaten piece of sausage, drool and all, back into the dipping sauce. Yetch! Anyway, this woman I worked with had such a aversion to double-dipping, she was known to yell at an offender, from across a crowded room, "No double-dipping!!!" And I, for one, was glad she did. 

Double dipping! LOL

That reminds me of that Seinfeld episode when George was caught double dipping his potato chips at a party. haha.