Author Topic: Favorite Childhood Television Shows!  (Read 106315 times)

Offline 2robots4u

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Favorite Childhood Television Shows!
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2007, 04:39:58 pm »
David...you should have divided it by decade of your youth.  I would fit into the 1950s-1960s, so my choice would be very different from someone of the 1970s or 1980s, etc.  I have seem most of these shows, either as first run TV or reruns and syndication.  I have seen every episode of Lucy, Beaver, Hillbillies, Bewitched (many, many times) and some I can't think of at the moment, but I still love to watch those old shows.  The newer shows just don't have that special something that made the oldies great in their time.  Today, I'm hooked on the CSI series (George Eads, Erik Z., Gary Sinese) and Cold Case (Danny Pino is just too georgous for words), and all of the Animal Planet, Planet Earth, Ancient Discoveries, Nature, Nova, Digging for the Truth, and on and on and on. When I was working many of my co-workers were tell me how amazed they were of all the trivial info I had stored in my brain, and I would have to tell the truth....most of it comes from watching TV.  No matter which shows you gravitate towards, there will always be something of educational or trival benefit, i.e., I've learned more about WWII from TV than I learned in 16 years of formal education.

But back to the subject of favorites....my absolute favorite show, cartoon character he may be, is the irrassable Daffy Duck (Bugs, Porky and Tweety are in the running, but the duck has it hands down!).  And I think that my desire to be an artist was rooted in the cartoons I watch...I did not become a cartoonist, nor a commercial artist (which I studied for), but a landscape artist, which lead me into nature/landscape photography.  Oh, I could go on and on, but enough is enough (that wasn't planned..just came out)...Doug

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2007, 04:54:42 pm »

Captain Marvel and O Mighty Isis (anyone, anyone?)
THE LOVE BOAT!!! (how has it failed to show up before now?)
The Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman, classic classic classic 70's -- the ones with Sasquatch, OMG!

OMG!!! I forgot about the Sasquatch Episodes! Where they had to walk through the tunnel! LOL
The Bionic man and woman were awesome! I had such a crush on Lee Majors!!
I loved Isis!
What memeories!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2007, 04:57:07 pm »
David...you should have divided it by decade of your youth.  I would fit into the 1950s-1960s, so my choice would be very different from someone of the 1970s or 1980s, etc.  I have seem most of these shows, either as first run TV or reruns and syndication.  I have seen every episode of Lucy, Beaver, Hillbillies, Bewitched (many, many times) and some I can't think of at the moment, but I still love to watch those old shows.  The newer shows just don't have that special something that made the oldies great in their time.  Today, I'm hooked on the CSI series (George Eads, Erik Z., Gary Sinese) and Cold Case (Danny Pino is just too georgous for words), and all of the Animal Planet, Planet Earth, Ancient Discoveries, Nature, Nova, Digging for the Truth, and on and on and on. When I was working many of my co-workers were tell me how amazed they were of all the trivial info I had stored in my brain, and I would have to tell the truth....most of it comes from watching TV.  No matter which shows you gravitate towards, there will always be something of educational or trival benefit, i.e., I've learned more about WWII from TV than I learned in 16 years of formal education.

But back to the subject of favorites....my absolute favorite show, cartoon character he may be, is the irrassable Daffy Duck (Bugs, Porky and Tweety are in the running, but the duck has it hands down!).  And I think that my desire to be an artist was rooted in the cartoons I watch...I did not become a cartoonist, nor a commercial artist (which I studied for), but a landscape artist, which lead me into nature/landscape photography.  Oh, I could go on and on, but enough is enough (that wasn't planned..just came out)...Doug

Me too Doug! I'm always watching TVLand.

I didn't know you were an artist Doug! That's wonderful! Several members here are artists too! I'm not sure if they paint/draw on a professional leve (make a living from their artwork) but they are quite good. Kerry is a very talented artist. He posted a photo of one of his paintings once. It was beautiful! I have also seen paintings from Geri (Arad) and Artiste! You should post pictures of your paintings. We would love to see them!  :D

Thanks Doug!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2007, 05:00:00 pm »
OMG!!! I forgot about the Sasquatch Episodes! Where they had to walk through the tunnel! LOL
The Bionic man and woman were awesome! I had such a crush on Lee Majors!!
I loved Isis!
What memeories!

Hi Lee!

I'm not sure if I remember the "sasquatch" episodes, but  I do remember Lee Majors and the "Six Million Dollar Man". Yeah, he was very hot. I had a crush on him too!  :D

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2007, 05:28:29 pm »
Hey Susie,

I looooved Starsky and Hutch too. ;D  I dreamed about them at night.  I wrote tons of fanfic in my head and I was just about thirteen.  I was so in love with Hutch (David Soul). :D :D :D

Before them, it was the Waltons and Little House on the Prairie, and before that, Family Affair.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2007, 05:30:14 pm »
As a kiddie, I was into Joe 90, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlett and Fireball XL5  ::)

From teens to early twenties I loved Starsky and Hutch, Buck Rogers and, most of all, Dallas!!  8)

I still love to catch the reruns of Dallas .... the giant stetsons, huge shoulder pads, big hair and Pammy in soft focus hmmmmmmm!

Susie xox

Hi Susie!!

Yeah, Dallas was a really good show. I also loved Dynasty and Remington Steele.  :D

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2007, 05:40:06 pm »
Hi Susie,

I was always true to Hutch.  Even a few years ago when I watched them again on rerun.  I wonder if there is a correlation between Starsky/Hutch preference and Jack/Ennis preference?

Yeah I loved LHOTP and the Waltons, actually I think I always liked the Waltons better, and I still can watch that too.

Marl

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2007, 07:52:26 pm »
Hi Susie!!

Yeah, Dallas was a really good show. I also loved Dynasty and Remington Steele.  :D

Have you ever seen the movie Nomads?
It has a great nude scene of pierce brosnan in it! ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2007, 02:38:03 pm »
Captain Marvel and O Mighty Isis (anyone, anyone?)

I remember!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2007, 06:09:50 pm »
For "Other" I loved:

"Gunsmoke"
"Bonanza"
Tarzan movies on Saturday afternoon
Shirley Temple movies on Saturday afternoon
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~