Author Topic: LGBT Program "Fostering Love" on Discovery Health  (Read 2015 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
LGBT Program "Fostering Love" on Discovery Health
« on: February 14, 2009, 04:03:08 pm »
I just saw a commercial for this and I looked it up. If you receive Discovery Health on your cable or satellite line-up, you may want to try and watch it. It looks very interesting and inspiring. Here's some info about it....

"Premiering Wednesday, February 18 at 8 PM, FOSTERING LOVE is the story of a married same-sex couple in California with more than enough love to go around. Meet Jim and Mark, parents with an ever-growing family comprised of biological, foster and adopted children. Together for six years, Mark and Jim recently decided to move their brood from the city to the country to live and work on an alpaca farm. Amid this change, Mark and Jim are attempting to adopt Olivia, a baby girl they have fostered since birth -- but complications with Olivia's birth mother threaten to interfere with their dreams. Discovery Health's cameras capture the joy and occasional frustration that come along with raising a family full of infants, toddlers and teenagers, while attending to a barnyard full of animals."

In addition to Fostering Love, Discovery Health is running a second LGBT program called "Transgender MD" which also looks very interesting.

http://yubanet.com/life/Discovery-Health-Features-Two-Groundbreaking-GLBT-Profiles-in-Transgender-M-D-and-Fostering-Love.php
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: LGBT Program "Fostering Love" on Discovery Health
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 10:02:39 pm »
That was a really good show. I'm glad Discovery Health aired it. It is nice to see a program that portrays gay men and women in a positive light, and this show certainly managed to do that. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.