Author Topic: Appalling Animal Abuse in Commercials  (Read 37921 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Appalling Animal Abuse in Commercials
« on: March 01, 2009, 03:08:31 am »
Have you all seen the commercial for asthma where they throw a goldfish on a table and allow it to flip around and suffer, gasping for air?

I realize the commercial brings forth a good message about asthma. But to take an innocent animal and allow it to suffer is beyond my comprehension. Especially in this day and age when they could have easily used computer animation to prove their point.

It's time to STOP the animal abuse in order to make a quick buck. The next time I see that terrible commercial I will take note of the name of the company and email them about it. I'll be emailing PETA in a quick minute. This sort of thing MUST stop now. >:(

:'(  :'(  :'(

It's just not fair at all! :(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

Re: Appalling Animal Abuse in Commercials
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 03:13:28 am »
Have you all seen the commercial for asthma where they throw a goldfish on a table and allow it to flip around and suffer, gasping for air?

I realize the commercial brings forth a good message about asthma. But to take an innocent animal and allow it to suffer is beyond my comprehension. Especially in this day and age when they could have easily used computer animation to prove their point.

It's time to STOP the animal abuse in order to make a quick buck. The next time I see that terrible commercial I will take note of the name of the company and email them about it. I'll be emailing PETA in a quick minute. This sort of thing MUST stop now. >:(

:'(  :'(  :'(

It's just not fair at all! :(

I dont' know why but some people don't think fish feel like cats and dogs do...can you imagine them choking a dog to make the point? of course not!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 03:16:57 am »
I dont' know why but some people don't think fish feel like cats and dogs do...can you imagine them choking a dog to make the point? of course not!

If they don't think or have feelings, why do so many people love them and keep them as pets? They do have feelings (and I realize we are on the same page here Jess.... I'm just saying this in order to vent and make a point to others). Much study has been done on fish. They are not the smartest of the animals, no. But they are living creatures, and they do think and feel and fear. Just like us.

That poor fish was scared for his life! I just cry every time I see that commercial.

I have a strong feeling there have been many nasty emails sent about this commercial. The next time I see it I'll be sending a nasty-gram too! >:(

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 03:50:01 am »
Oh that is awful.

We dont have that commercial here, thank goodness, I would feel the same way you do, David.

I feel a bit the same even watching fishing programmes on TV. Luckily most of the programmes now, show catch and release, we even have one show, where the host of the show, gives the fish a kiss before he throws it back, but sometimes, they will say, "well this one is not going back, this one is our dinner"...and I think, "oh throw it back too, please".

I know, I eat fish and some meat, and know something had to die for that, but I would rather not see it alive, knowing it will soon be eaten.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 04:04:33 am »
Oh that is awful.

We dont have that commercial here, thank goodness, I would feel the same way you do, David.

I feel a bit the same even watching fishing programmes on TV. Luckily most of the programmes now, show catch and release, we even have one show, where the host of the show, gives the fish a kiss before he throws it back, but sometimes, they will say, "well this one is not going back, this one is our dinner"...and I think, "oh throw it back too, please".

I know, I eat fish and some meat, and know something had to die for that, but I would rather not see it alive, knowing it will soon be eaten.

We have those "catch and release" fishing TV shows here too Sue. I'm always so grateful when I see them.

I realize animals must die for us, and I always feel so bad about it....  it is Lakota tradition to THANK the animal - from the heart and soul - before eating it, and I carry on that tradition to this day. My Mother made sure both my sister and I understood the meaning of it and I thank her for it even now - but to throw a poor and innocent GOLD FISH on a table and allow HIM to suffer?!! >:( :'(

What did HE ever do wrong? What did HE do to deserve this? It makes me so angry and sad! >:(

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 04:13:35 am »
I can see how upset you are over this David.

Make sure you do write to them complaining about it.

Over here we also have a department, where you can write to if you find any advertising offensive. Maybe they have such a department over there too.

I am sure that you will not be the only one complaining about it.

It does not send a good message to children either, thinking that its ok to take a fish out of the tank and let it gasp for air.

Go for it mate, and let them know how you feel.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 04:30:50 am »
I'm trying to figure out how to email PETA about this.... :-\

Here's the link.

http://www.peta.org/about/index.asp

How do we email them about it? Please provide the link if you figure it out. :(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 04:33:45 am »
Ah! Here it is....

http://www.peta.org/about/c-report_cruelty.asp

Done and done!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 10:21:40 am »
Those are great pictures of Mickey Rourke and Jaws. So sweet. I love them. Thanks for posting.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 10:43:23 pm »
I hadn't seen the PSA, so I found in on you tube.....why would anyone do that to an animal?

David, I know you can't see the video, that's the only reason I'm posting it here.  If you could watch, I wouldn't, I wouldn't want to upset you.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ageuz-gF8a8[/youtube]

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!