Author Topic: Appalling Animal Abuse in Commercials  (Read 37680 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Appalling Animal Abuse in Commercials
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2009, 07:12:30 pm »
That's for clarifying that Chuck. But it's still a very awful sound. And I'm glad they pointed out that the lobsters DO feel pain. I always suspected they did. I wonder why people wish to cook them alive? I never understood it. ???

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2009, 11:18:35 pm »
That's for clarifying that Chuck. But it's still a very awful sound. And I'm glad they pointed out that the lobsters DO feel pain. I always suspected they did. I wonder why people wish to cook them alive? I never understood it. ???

It's like the fishermen who say the dirty great big hook in a fishes mouth does not hurt them.
I never believed that.Surely any creature with even the most rudimentary sensory system has the capacity to feel pain.??

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2009, 11:34:04 pm »
Yes, I think you are correct Fiona.

I think all animals can feel pain. A shark is a fish. I've heard one of the best defenses against a shark attack is to punch the animal in the gills. He will most likey swim away. Why would he? Because it hurts him.

injest

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2009, 11:44:00 pm »
well pain is natures way of telling an animal that it is in danger...it provokes the animal to try to avoid whatever is causing the pain...so of COURSE they all feel pain.

it is our responsibility as thinking beings to try to make sure they dont' feel any more pain than is absolutely necessary

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2009, 12:15:49 am »
There are few things I find more upsetting than animal or child cruelty. I can't even bear to watch the adverts asking for donations to help keep some of the poor abandoned animals.
We have 3 dogs and 2 cats and both cats and two of the dogs were rescue animals.The golden retriever had really suffered in the 4 years before we got her, and she is so docile and sweet,it breaks my heart to think of what she has been through.I am amazed that her temperament is so good considering her life.

injest

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2009, 12:19:20 am »
Sunday someone went shopping at the Longview mall and left a big dog in their car. He died.

>:( >:(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2009, 12:32:34 am »
Sunday someone went shopping at the Longview mall and left a big dog in their car. He died.

>:( >:(

:'( :'( :'(

My God, who could DO something like that? :'(

He probably suffered terribly before he died. Poor sweet baby! :'(

What did they do to the owners Jess? Did they arrest them?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2009, 12:35:19 am »
There are few things I find more upsetting than animal or child cruelty. I can't even bear to watch the adverts asking for donations to help keep some of the poor abandoned animals.
We have 3 dogs and 2 cats and both cats and two of the dogs were rescue animals.The golden retriever had really suffered in the 4 years before we got her, and she is so docile and sweet,it breaks my heart to think of what she has been through.I am amazed that her temperament is so good considering her life.

I'm so glad your Golden Retriever has a good home with you now! My dog Cody is a Golden Retreiver and he's the sweetest dog you'd ever hope to meet. Golden Retrievers are amazing dogs. They have wonderful personalities. I also love the Yellow Labs. They are very sweet dogs too. :)

injest

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2009, 12:43:21 am »
:'( :'( :'(

My God, who could DO something like that? :'(

He probably suffered terribly before he died. Poor sweet baby! :'(

What did they do to the owners Jess? Did they arrest them?

it was a woman. there are animal cruelty charges pending..

http://www.news-journal.com/news/content/news/stories/2009/05/14/05142009_dog_death.html?imw=Y