Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 259670 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2009, 01:32:17 pm »
Gosh, Edna's such a tower of strength isn't she? And she knows Colson so well, how to talk to him, reassure him. It must be nice having an Edna in your life. I'm glad Colson showed his appreciation by giving her a hug, that was very sweet.

But...because she's such a strong woman, I never thought of her (or her shoulders) as frail.  :-\ It makes me wonder whether she maybe needs some reassuring too.

Fabienne, I had the same thought about Edna's "frail" shoulders.  Right now she's tamping down her own worries about Ellery in order to be strong for Wes, who is not only worried about Ellery but has his hands full trying to solve some pretty serious crimes - old and new!  Maybe when this is all over, Wes can take her on a vacation of their own.  I loved that Colson gave her such a heartfelt hug.   :)

..despite what he thinks he remembers..

Yes, this is key, isn't it?  The difference between what you think you remember - and the truth. 

“I think Ellery’s tryin ta cover because he thinks he did somethin wrong. An I am not gonna believe that unless I see proof in black an white.

"Proof in black and white."  A high standard - but a good one!  Reasonable doubt is worth consideration.  Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2009, 10:49:43 pm »
and now for chapter 46 and the new suspect walk-on!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/299957.html

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #162 on: April 22, 2009, 12:49:39 pm »
and now for chapter 46 and the new suspect walk-on!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/299957.html

SPOILERS

Well, Sanchez is right - Eddie Ripley is a pretty ironic name for a "witness."  Looks like he's going to keep everyone on their toes, though! 

It also looks like Paula is counting the minutes until quitting time, which now means Henry time! 

Okay okay!” Jeremy backed away, went through the door and closed it behind him. “Power goin to his head.”

“What’d you say, Sergeant?” Joe shouted through the door.

“You got somethin on your head!” Jeremy called back, and went to find some petty cash.

:laugh: :laugh:  Well, somebody has to be the smart-ass when Ellery's not around!  And speaking of Ellery,  I do believe he was asking for his husband ......

This is terrific. Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2009, 01:47:36 pm »
Jee, it's uncanny how much Joe is starting to sound like Wes. And Jeremy like Ellery.

Good to see that they're keeping a handle on things at the station.

And 'Eddy Ripley'? Hmm, he reminds me of Brad Sevigny, which is not a good thing.

You're keeping us on our toes Louise. Thanks!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #164 on: April 22, 2009, 05:26:05 pm »
yes, Fabienne that is an interesting phenomenon.  But if Joe is going to get out of his comfortable zone of being just the scheduling and HR guy and has to do the dirty work of management, who is he going to emulate?

And same for Dupree.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #165 on: April 22, 2009, 11:08:46 pm »
and back at Memorial Hospital:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/300065.html

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2009, 02:12:14 am »
yes, Fabienne that is an interesting phenomenon.  But if Joe is going to get out of his comfortable zone of being just the scheduling and HR guy and has to do the dirty work of management, who is he going to emulate?

And same for Dupree.

Oh absolutely. Wes has taught them well. I had to laugh at the back and forth between Joe and Jeremy. It all sounded very familiar.

*Off the read the new chapter*  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #167 on: April 23, 2009, 01:52:51 pm »
and back at Memorial Hospital:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/300065.html

SPOILERS

Well, no matter what, Ellery is always Ellery...

demanding and direct: “I want ta see Colson. Colson Grey. Tall, nice lookin. You know which one he is.” 

vulnerable:  What was he going to tell Wes? And how was Colson going to forgive him for belatedly messing up his career this way?

pragmatic:  He knew when he extracted that promise from Caulfield that he was not going to be able to keep this under wraps.

incorrigible: Did ya lie like I said so ya can get me sprung out a here?”

sensitive:  I love you, boy. I am not gonna die an leave ya. Remember what I said about leavin my job. If ya want me ta do it ya can have me full time.”

loving: “I mean it. Anythin ya want. Tell me what ya want an I’ll do it.”

horny:  Ohhh... I wish I was well an we could...”

funny:  “As long as he don’t love me like you do that’s fine with me. Edna bring any snacks? The food here sucks an I’m starved.”

Little wonder all roads lead right to him!  And Edna's going to be thrilled - once Colson tells her Ellery is hungry she'll start cooking as well as baking.  I see fried chicken and biscuits in their future!  :)  This was wonderful. Thanks, Louise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #168 on: April 23, 2009, 02:25:00 pm »
I just love coming on here and seeing all these comments - it's what keeps me writing!

One of the things that makes it easy for me to write Ellery, is I have really gotten to know him in all of his little quirks, and after the trip to California, I knew I wanted to get deeper into the psychology of his relationship with Colson and the stresses of being him and how his life impacts his commitment to being a couple, which he really has not ever had to go the distance with before.  Colson broke out of his closeted shell, and now Ellery is challenged once again with having to reveal himself and maintain his integrity under fire, and that means having to be honest with his man.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #169 on: April 23, 2009, 10:35:26 pm »