Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 259682 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #170 on: April 24, 2009, 03:18:59 pm »
and chapter 48!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/300518.html

SPOILERS

It was great watching everyone work the case and the back-and-forth between and among them has a very authentic feel.  Eddie is a handful, that's for sure. 

“So am I an I didn’t see a damn thing, Jeremy said. “If you saw it happen, where was I standin?”

He's also not quite as clever as he thinks he is, but that's not unusual for a 17 year old.  Can't wait to see what happens now that there's No more fiddle faddlin around.  Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2009, 05:04:04 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2009, 12:43:45 am »
and even more story!

Chapter 50!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/300820.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2009, 11:13:25 am »
I lost my power for a while last night and look what I wake up to find - more story and even more story!  :D

SPOILERS

Chapter 49:

Well, it looks like Paula and Henry are already getting hit hard with the reality of just how complex and sticky it can be to get romantically involved with some you also deal with professionally  :-\  Yikes - so many land mines here - especially since they moved things along so quickly on their first date.  Paula's reaction was very human and realistic, being annoyed with herself for being annoyed!   :laugh:  But I can't see that she had any legitimate reason to accompany Henry to the hospital - she still needs to work on keeping her professional and personal emotions separate and I can see that's going to be even more challenging in light of the fact that she's seeing Henry and that she can't seem to get Ellery off her mind.   :-\

Her thougths about Henry and confidentiality were astute - it's clear he isn't comfortable with subterfuge, which makes him a good forensic psychologist, but perhaps not the best person for Ellery to have confided in - imo, he may have already said too much to Paula about Ellery and now that Paula is going to bring up Hezekiah Waldrop, I'm wondering how and if they can "get it out of the way" and get to "dinner." 

Chapter 50:

Wow - that is some chapter you wrote for the 50th!  Holy crap. Not only set up but drugged, too.  And now we have to wonder what other parts of this puzzle are still missing?  Poor Ellery.  Thank goodness we know that his Fearless Leader won't stop digging.  That pay phone sure is getting use (makes me even more grateful for cell phones!).   Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #174 on: April 26, 2009, 05:34:08 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #175 on: April 26, 2009, 06:22:28 pm »

and chapter 51

http://louisev.livejournal.com/301187.html

SPOILERS

Reynolds and his trusty notebooks!  Poor Jeremy is so disappointed at not seeing Ellery, but it's probably for the best - there are as many complications and mysteries at the hospital as there are at the sheriff's office! 

I have to mention again that Joe is such a gem; he really knows how to keep the boys in line and make quick decisions.  He deserves that pizza!  And  LOL at giving Ripley the burrito he bit into!!!  Terrific, Louise.  Thanks!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #176 on: April 26, 2009, 10:13:33 pm »
well you KNOW Joe doesn't like to waste food.  I'm holding out for the explanation as to why he's got such a prejudice against Taco Bell myself!

As far as I know Joe has NEVER turned down food!

And now, Chapter 52!  Yes, I really did write four chapters this weekend!  And made a pizza and a cornbread, and washed my sheets!  I must be on a roll!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/301553.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #177 on: April 26, 2009, 10:31:59 pm »
well you KNOW Joe doesn't like to waste food.  I'm holding out for the explanation as to why he's got such a prejudice against Taco Bell myself!

As far as I know Joe has NEVER turned down food!

And now, Chapter 52!  Yes, I really did write four chapters this weekend!  And made a pizza and a cornbread, and washed my sheets!  I must be on a roll!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/301553.html

You sure are on a roll!  Pizza and cornbread - yum! 

SPOILERS

“Sure...” he backed away, every step of distance between him and the now-sleeping figure on the bed increased his anxiety about him. Why couldn’t they just let him go an let me take care of em? I know how ta do it.

Aw, that was so touching.  And I really like how you described his thoughts and the feeling of being unmoored.  I think standing vigil in a hospital will do that to most everyone, and Colson's situation is even more complex than most! 

It looks like the Rose Hotel is a popular destination tonight!  I'm guessing Henry and Paula should be showing up soon, and that should be .... well, I'm not sure what that's going to be like.   Which makes me all the more curious! 

Enjoy your pizza and cornbread, Louise!  Thanks.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #178 on: April 27, 2009, 10:28:23 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2009, 12:59:55 pm »
and here is chapter 53!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/301730.html

SPOILERS

Aw, poor Ellery.  That dream demonstrated all his fears and warring emotions, not to mention his very understandable confusion.  And I can't imagine any of this is helping his blood pressure any.   But it looks like the dots are starting to be connected.  He hasn't been in the hospital that long, but it must feel like forever.   :-\  Thanks, Louise!