Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 259685 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 02:25:27 pm »
(((((Fabienne))))) Here's a hug for today that I'm adding to yesterday's.  We can't have too many.

SPOILERS

Wow - I keep using the words "compelling" and "fascinating" but this really is.  I love getting inside the guys' minds like this and seeing everyone through each other's eyes. 

What was Henry's thought about everything in the Sheriff's department leading to Ellery?  Never more apparent than in the bizarre but utterly believable showdown between Esteban and Dupree.  Poor Jeremy - that pool of blood is bringing forth all kinds of feelings inside of him.  Looking forward to more.  Thanks, Louise!

Marie

yes, all roads lead to Rome.  Esteban is being pushed forward in his career by Wes, and despite all his best efforts to keep distance between Dupree and Esteban, it just isn't possible all the time.  And this is the worst possible moment for Dupree to be put under Esteban's watch, when both of them are upset as hell.  Esteban gets closed down and pushy, and Dupree gets fixated.  But they've been circling one another for a while now anyway.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2009, 09:02:38 pm »
it's a busy week!

Chapter 6:  http://louisev.livejournal.com/289702.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2009, 01:36:45 pm »
SPOILERS

“So what was it like lyin on the beach in the nude with the man you love?”

Oh, good grief.  Maybe Edna needs another run-in with their nightstand to curb her curiosity!  Poor Colson. 

I feel like we're getting into the nitty gritty of everyone's psyche in ways that we haven't before.  I like how we see that his horses are Colson's form of therapy, and I thought his reaction to the news about Ellery - "helpless rage" and his need to have someone to blame - was so very human and so very Colson.  I hope he gets a chance to see Wes, or better yet, a lucid Ellery, before he runs into Dupree!  More great stuff.  Thanks, Louise.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2009, 04:45:27 pm »
And here is chapter 7, courtesy of the good folks who didn't turn on the LAN at my new office today. I didn't have anything to do while waiting for the phone to ring!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/290024.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2009, 02:50:44 pm »
And here is chapter 7, courtesy of the good folks who didn't turn on the LAN at my new office today. I didn't have anything to do while waiting for the phone to ring!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/290024.html

Well Yay! for the good folks who didn't turn on the LAN!

SPOILERS

I love that Ellery is still his sarcastic, funny and commanding self, even with a moderately severe head injury.  And how fascinating that Bruce showed up in his mind!  I hope he doesn't start talking to Bruce out loud in his cloudy Demerol induced state when Colson sees him!  Can't wait for more.  Thanks!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2009, 03:12:10 pm »
stay tuned for the next chapter, which I am working on now.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2009, 04:00:03 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2009, 09:07:20 pm »
And here is chapter 8:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/290229.html

SPOILERS

I keep using the word "fascinating" to describe this story because it is.  Each chapter brings such interesting revelations about all the characters and we're getting to know them like never before.  They are in desperate need of adult supervision at the crime scene, which is turning into a cluster fuck.  Holy crap, if Wes knew what was going on he'd be banging some heads together.   It looks like there will be no shortage of work for Dr. Caulfield!

Thanks, Louise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2009, 11:26:19 pm »
oh, and I forgot to post the announcement of chapter 9!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/290485.html

and yeah, Marie... something akin to a clusterfuck it certainly is!!!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2009, 08:24:47 am »
oh, and I forgot to post the announcement of chapter 9!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/290485.html

Yeah, I just saw this!  You are on a roll   :)

SPOILERS

Henry's assessment of Wes was great.  The selfless, natural leader with wisdom and compassion, more interested in being an effective sheriff than in politics.

But that ain’t all it is. I think Esteban gave Ellery a pass on bein queer for his own reasons, but he don’t like queers.

Yes, I've sensed this, and the ugly business with his son only increases Esteban's discomfort and resentment.  I'm curious to see how all of this plays out with regards to Jeremy, who is still going through an adjustment period of his own - and how it in turn affects Nick.  (And speaking of Nick, I bet Henry's fingers would really itch for his pen and notebook if he met him!)  It looks like Jeremy could use a session with the good doctor sooner rather than later!  Thanks, Louise.