Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 259643 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #250 on: May 20, 2009, 12:53:20 pm »

And I got most of my organizing and about two thirds of my packing done tonight... then I settled down and got chapter 75 banged out!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/307266.html

SPOILERS

Oh, dear.  Let's see...a drugged and not-yet-recovered Ellery, a worried and short-tempered Colson, an unannounced skin-tight pink shorts subtle as a bulldozer (“Oh my god, they butchered your beautiful hair!”) Wayne, the overly eager-to-be-helpful twins, not to mention the imminent arrival of mother Edna and the Fearless Leader.   

Yep, all the elements of a perfect shitstorm!   ::)   Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #251 on: May 20, 2009, 01:12:02 pm »
well, you KNEW it would happen, didn't you?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #252 on: May 21, 2009, 02:23:50 pm »
Okay folkses, today is my last day at work, and last night I was occupied cleaning and packing and organizing.  And it paid off, I got everything in the car and I am ready to roll!

I'll be dining with a friend I've never met in person tonight who helped me get "Erotic Etudes" finished back in 2004 (that seems so long ago...!) , and tomorrow's destination - Elko!  If I'm not too tired by the time I get to Elko I'll try to get a chapter written then!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #253 on: May 22, 2009, 09:35:52 pm »
I've finished the first leg of my journey and I'm now in Elko NV. I posted a couple of pics of the landscape.  And I am hard at work on chapter 76 now!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #254 on: May 22, 2009, 10:16:50 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #255 on: May 23, 2009, 10:35:08 am »
and here we are!!!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/307471.html

SPOILERS

I'm with Wes - they all need to have the rest of their weekend and Ellery and Colson need some space.  And if Wes thinks Edna is making a fuss, wait till he sees the twins and Wayne! 

Jeremy is handling the Prince investigation well, but he keeps sticking his foot in his mouth and other undesirable places when it comes to the Lago matter.  He needs to head home and chill out with Nicky! Thanks for updating from the road, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #256 on: May 23, 2009, 10:06:29 pm »
and the party on Ellery's patio begins to converge!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/307952.html

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #257 on: May 24, 2009, 08:43:28 pm »
and here I am in York, Nebraska, and fortunately the muse has not abandoned me!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/308068.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #258 on: May 24, 2009, 09:08:49 pm »
Two chapters to read!   :D 

SPOILERS

“I think two pairs a short shorts is two too many for em today,” Ellery said wryly. “It’ll pass.”

:laugh: :laugh:  Well, if Wayne is wearing one of the pairs it is!  Nice that Pinky left Wayne some money - but Ellery out of the Red Stallion?  No way!!!!  As for the party - so far so good (but the night is young).

Jesus Christ, how come it’s always Dupree breakin all the cases here?

Because he's your star rookie, Sheriff!  Damn good work, Jeremy!   :)  Thanks, Louise - I'm sure glad your muse likes to travel! 

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #259 on: May 24, 2009, 09:34:18 pm »
Two chapters to read!   :D 

SPOILERS

Because he's your star rookie, Sheriff!  Damn good work, Jeremy!   :)  Thanks, Louise - I'm sure glad your muse likes to travel! 

Good thing for me it does! Or I'd be driving down the highway sweating bullets wondering whether everyone's mad about not getting their chapters!