Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 259688 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #340 on: June 21, 2009, 12:03:20 am »
I'm working on Wesley Does Everybody's Job For Them,,, it'll be posted soon.

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #341 on: June 21, 2009, 12:32:49 am »
And at last, after several hours of rereading and waffling over various and sundry things...

Chapter 101:  http://louisev.livejournal.com/314057.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #342 on: June 21, 2009, 10:08:03 am »
SPOILERS

And isn't it amazing that Ellery never looses his sense of humour, no matter how poorly he's feeling. Glad to see Colson is playing along a bit, even in the presence of company.

Yeah, I had the same thought Fabienne - and it's always comforting to see that humor even when things are so screwed up.

I'm working on Wesley Does Everybody's Job For Them,,,

SPOILERS

Well, now, ain't that the truth!  You can't buy years of experience and Sheriff Brown is proof of that.  It was only a matter of time before Manuel and Eddie turned on each other, but I'm glad Wes speeded up the process. 

Colson seemed unphased that Wes came out of an important meeting to take his call - which is a good indicator that Wes has gone a wee bit overboard in indulging both Colson and Ellery, as Joe, bless his heart, was quick to point out. 

And, as much as I adore Jeremy, his apparent obsession with running off to the hospital when there are important matters to tend with - first for Ellery, now for Paula -  is getting on my nerves. I can understand to a degree why he was anxious to visit Ellery, but Paula?  Sheesh.   If he wonders why Nick is so insecure, he might want to take a look at himself and some of the vibes he puts out.   :-\  Loving all the layers of this.  Thanks, Louise!

P.S.  A couple of places where I think you meant to type "Danny":

...then what were you doin disposin of Eddie’s body in the dumpster on Thursday night?”

So you an Manuel were wrappin up Eddie’s body ...
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #343 on: June 21, 2009, 12:03:50 pm »
whoopsie on the typos!

Yeah I was tired last night!

And  yes, you aren't the only one who has commented that Colson and Ellery are taking the lion's share of Wes's goodwill right about now...  and we might have to ask ourselves....

DO THESE BOYS NEED A WEEKEND?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #344 on: June 21, 2009, 06:26:48 pm »

Dr. Caulfield poses as an M.D., however briefly.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/314141.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #345 on: June 22, 2009, 01:41:24 pm »
DO THESE BOYS NEED A WEEKEND?

Yep! They all need a weekend! 

SPOILERS

Poor Paula - my heart goes out to her, as well.  I guess being a psychologist can be a double-edged sword when it comes to your own relationships for the exact reason Henry noted.  He can't help but analyze, but he also can't be objective. 

I really can't blame Henry for being irritated.  Once again, all roads lead to Ellery, but Henry is trying to forge a new road!  I have to admit, though, to being very curious about the hypnosis!  Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #346 on: June 22, 2009, 03:22:22 pm »
Yep! They all need a weekend! 

SPOILERS

Poor Paula - my heart goes out to her, as well.  I guess being a psychologist can be a double-edged sword when it comes to your own relationships for the exact reason Henry noted.  He can't help but analyze, but he also can't be objective. 

I really can't blame Henry for being irritated.  Once again, all roads lead to Ellery, but Henry is trying to forge a new road!  I have to admit, though, to being very curious about the hypnosis!  Thanks, Louise!

okay, BIG SPOILER NOW.....

you do realize it's going to be a complete fiasco, right?

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #347 on: June 22, 2009, 04:07:24 pm »

Oh, Louise, you don't think we actually think this is going to go smoothly do you?  ;D Ellery under hypnosis, hmmmm, can't wait.  ;) Will this turn out to be a 'didn't need to know that Ellery' situation? Or more funny Ellery?

I just hope they don't take too long. Henry needs to get back to Paula!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #348 on: June 22, 2009, 04:29:27 pm »

:laugh:   Oh, I'm counting on it!!  I just can't figure out what kind of a fiasco!  As Fabienne pointed out - there are all kinds of possibilities! 

And, yes, Paula needs Henry, so let's hope it's not a long, drawn-out fiasco! 

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #349 on: June 22, 2009, 08:03:28 pm »
Well this is turning out to be a very long book...! I really didn't think I'd still be writing it by the time I left for Minneapolis, but I can't see wrapping it up in the next four days (chapters) somehow.

And it has to be a really GOOD fiasco!