Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 259692 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #350 on: June 22, 2009, 10:39:12 pm »

And notes leading down to the fiasco!  Chapter 103

http://louisev.livejournal.com/314369.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #351 on: June 23, 2009, 01:39:55 pm »

And notes leading down to the fiasco!  Chapter 103

http://louisev.livejournal.com/314369.html

SPOILERS

Good typin, Dupree, you got a bright future in police administration
 :laugh:

Oh, yeah, that's exactly what every young detective is dying to hear!  I like how Wes told him not to pout - it's true that they're making lots of progress.  But I think Jeremy might still be a little put out about not going to the hospital. 

And what a smart Dr. Caulfield!  Bringing food to hungry men is guaranteed to get him high marks and a lot of good will!

I like how forthright Wes is about his "coddling."  I wonder what he'll say after the hypnosis!  Thanks, Louise!

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #352 on: June 23, 2009, 02:06:30 pm »
SPOILERS

Good typin, Dupree, you got a bright future in police administration
 :laugh:

Oh, yeah, that's exactly what every young detective is dying to hear!  I like how Wes told him not to pout - it's true that they're making lots of progress.  But I think Jeremy might still be a little put out about not going to the hospital. 

And what a smart Dr. Caulfield!  Bringing food to hungry men is guaranteed to get him high marks and a lot of good will!

I like how forthright Wes is about his "coddling."  I wonder what he'll say after the hypnosis!  Thanks, Louise!

Henry is no dope, and he's got many years' experience in dealing with police detectives under stress - that's his stock in trade.  And no PhD psychologist can get one over on Wes Brown, particularly after he broke a case wide open - on a Sunday no less!!!

Cocky bastard, one might conclude.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #353 on: June 23, 2009, 09:15:25 pm »
stay tuned for chapter 104 under construction at this hour. I'll have it done tonight.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #354 on: June 23, 2009, 09:51:51 pm »
And now ... on the other side of town on this eventful Sunday...

http://louisev.livejournal.com/314697.html  Chapter 104

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #355 on: June 24, 2009, 12:16:53 pm »
And now ... on the other side of town on this eventful Sunday...

http://louisev.livejournal.com/314697.html  Chapter 104

SPOILERS

Well, that was a stroke of good timing, for both Esteban and poor Mr. Waldrop.  But I'm not sure that the "What Would Ellery Do?" approach is a good idea - mostly because only Ellery is Ellery!  I really do feel for Esteban, though.  He feels like the odd man out personally and professionally.  All the more reason he should not be missing his A.A. meeting!  :-\  I think Esteban and his issues add a really interesting element to the story. Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #356 on: June 24, 2009, 04:41:58 pm »
SPOILERS

Well, that was a stroke of good timing, for both Esteban and poor Mr. Waldrop.  But I'm not sure that the "What Would Ellery Do?" approach is a good idea - mostly because only Ellery is Ellery!  I really do feel for Esteban, though.  He feels like the odd man out personally and professionally.  All the more reason he should not be missing his A.A. meeting!  :-\  I think Esteban and his issues add a really interesting element to the story. Thanks, Louise!

I had promised at the beginning of this story when it was just a gleam in my eye, lo those many months ago, that this story would involve Esteban, and in fact the opening chapter featured Esteban.

And he's soon to get embroiled in the fiasco!!!  Bet you can't wait!

However, tonight is my goodbye dinner with my landlady Holly and my former landlady Rosemarie. so unless I am super-inspired after dinner at the East China Inn, you'll have to wait till tomorrow for the next update!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #357 on: June 25, 2009, 11:13:09 pm »

I'm typing, I'm typing!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #358 on: June 26, 2009, 12:39:52 am »

Ellery gets a visit!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/315097.html  Chapter 105

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #359 on: June 26, 2009, 10:34:45 pm »

Ellery gets a visit!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/315097.html  Chapter 105

SPOILERS

And here we are again, with all roads leading to Ellery!  Or, I should say, Chief Deputy Cantrell.  Even in a t-shirt, bermuda shorts and full of morphine he is "back in action" when need be.   Poor Esteban, having to face an angry Colson!  But Colson is right that Ellery really didn't seem to mind the intrusion at all.  But how long until the next group arrives at Grand Central Station....  Thanks, Louise!