Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 259690 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #360 on: June 27, 2009, 12:46:22 am »

SPOILERS

And here we are again, with all roads leading to Ellery!  Or, I should say, Chief Deputy Cantrell.  Even in a t-shirt, bermuda shorts and full of morphine he is "back in action" when need be.   Poor Esteban, having to face an angry Colson!  But Colson is right that Ellery really didn't seem to mind the intrusion at all.  But how long until the next group arrives at Grand Central Station....  Thanks, Louise!

bwah hahahah you might have to wait to find out!  I was busily preparing for my imminent departure from Illinois, including multiple bread-bakings, cooking up my remaining food, and packing.  I had the actual time to do the writing, but I didn't have the mind for it.  I'll have time on the road - if I leave tomorrow morning... to consider the next phase of the fiasco!  But as soon as I get there, I'll have the next 5 days to devote almost entirely to the novel!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #361 on: June 27, 2009, 11:03:02 am »
bwah hahahah you might have to wait to find out!  I was busily preparing for my imminent departure from Illinois, including multiple bread-bakings, cooking up my remaining food, and packing.  I had the actual time to do the writing, but I didn't have the mind for it.  I'll have time on the road - if I leave tomorrow morning... to consider the next phase of the fiasco!  But as soon as I get there, I'll have the next 5 days to devote almost entirely to the novel!

Safe travels, Louise! Five days to devote to the story?   :D
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #362 on: June 27, 2009, 10:57:55 pm »
I miscounted... I dont start my job until Wednesday, and today was taken up with driving, so taht leaves me Sunday through Tuesday... more than the amount I usually get between jobs!

I arrived safe and sound, I'm on the net, and turning my attention now to where we last saw Ellery!

Sunday morning ETA: I didn't have an ounce of imagination left in me by 10 last night, so I came up blank.  But now I'm back at the computer and looknig at the page so another chapter will be out soonest!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 11:43:56 am by louisev »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #363 on: June 28, 2009, 12:48:49 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #364 on: June 28, 2009, 01:20:09 pm »

and here is Chapter 106!!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/315374.html

SPOILERS

Well, I think your imagination was just sleeping last night - because it's certainly back today!  The fiasco is off and running ...... Good grief, Ellery! 

“Madre de Dios!”

Si.  What Esteban said!   Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #365 on: June 28, 2009, 01:42:06 pm »
SPOILERS

Well, I think your imagination was just sleeping last night - because it's certainly back today!  The fiasco is off and running ...... Good grief, Ellery! 

“Madre de Dios!”

Si.  What Esteban said!   Thanks, Louise!

bwah hahahah, see what spending 6 hours in the car will do for a plot?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #366 on: June 29, 2009, 05:43:02 pm »
and chapter 107!

Colson isn't the only one seeing green!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/315633.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #367 on: June 29, 2009, 08:04:16 pm »
and chapter 107!

Colson isn't the only one seeing green!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/315633.html

SPOILERS

“Say, maybe we should ask the girls if they want ta tag along an see how things are goin? Maybe they can bring some cookies over or somethin.”

“Great idea!” Nick skipped down the last of the steps and rang the bell.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  OMG. If those aren't famous last words.   Let's take roll call.  A pissed off and jealous Colson, a high-flying hypnotized Ellery, an astonished and confused Henry, a double-scale and in a hurry Glligan, an embarrassed and nervous Esteban, an out-of-sorts Jeremy, a jealous, but momentarily appeased Nicky, and a set of eager to please and too curious twins.   Ay yi yi!  This isn't a fiasco - it's a FIASCO!

Thanks, Louise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #368 on: June 29, 2009, 08:12:31 pm »
SPOILERS

“Say, maybe we should ask the girls if they want ta tag along an see how things are goin? Maybe they can bring some cookies over or somethin.”

“Great idea!” Nick skipped down the last of the steps and rang the bell.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  OMG. If those aren't famous last words.   Let's take roll call.  A pissed off and jealous Colson, a high-flying hypnotized Ellery, an astonished and confused Henry, a double-scale and in a hurry Glligan, an embarrassed and nervous Esteban, an out-of-sorts Jeremy, a jealous, but momentarily appeased Nicky, and a set of eager to please and too curious twins.   Ay yi yi!  This isn't a fiasco - it's a FIASCO!

Thanks, Louise!

oh no, that isn't all, Marie.  Not by a damn sight.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #369 on: June 29, 2009, 09:04:08 pm »
oh no, that isn't all, Marie.  Not by a damn sight.

Holy shit, Louise!  Now my imagination is working overtime!   :laugh: