Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 259644 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #400 on: July 08, 2009, 01:55:06 pm »
you are getting very good at predicting things, Marie!  I wonder if that means I'm becoming predictable!

Nah, I didn't see Paula's accident or Jeremy's fall coming at all - and I'm still not sure what's going to happen with Paula and Henry.  As for Nick running into the emergency room like gangbusters - that's not so much a prediction as just knowing Nicky.  Having said that ..... I'm not at all sure what Nick will say to Jeremy - and vice versa - when he does get there! 
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #401 on: July 08, 2009, 01:57:13 pm »

Nah, I didn't see Paula's accident or Jeremy's fall coming at all - and I'm still not sure what's going to happen with Paula and Henry.  As for Nick running into the emergency room like gangbusters - that's not so much a prediction as just knowing Nicky.  Having said that ..... I'm not at all sure what Nick will say to Jeremy - and vice versa - when he does get there! 

heheheh, and I can't wait to get home to write it!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #402 on: July 08, 2009, 08:48:50 pm »
And here we go!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/317616.html  Chapter 115
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #403 on: July 08, 2009, 10:22:10 pm »
And here we go!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/317616.html  Chapter 115

SPOILERS

You know, I'm really glad Wes is there - not just b/c he was able to quickly dismiss the twins and Janice, but his authoritative presence and love for Ellery has to give Colson some comfort when he has so much weighing on him right now.  Not surpirsingly, Colson has a good insight into what's going on with Nick and Jeremy - but, of course, he doesn't know about how Jeremy wanted to visit Paula and how that enters into the equation.  Wonder what he'd think about that.

And that nurse certainly had the legs. If he hadn’t been up to his eyeballs with Ellery, and sick at heart for the past five days since the attack, he would have given that one a second look himself.

:laugh:  I guess that pesky 20% is bound to pop up from time to time. And Jeremy's 20% has poor Nicky pretty scared right now. 

As for Wayne .... sigh.  He just never learns.   Why in the world he would purposely taunt Colson of all people and now of all times.  I have to say that the evil part of me wouldn't mind seeing Simon show up .....  Great stuff, Louise.  Thanks!

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #404 on: July 09, 2009, 03:08:11 pm »
The logic of Wayne

Generally speaking, Wayne taunts people to grab attention, when he fears their attention will veer away from him.  Regardless of how much their attention is required elsewhere.  He prefers being the sickest man in the room, and if someone else is sick or had an accident, trust Wayne to act up!  And besides that, he's miffed that his expensive liqueur was confiscated by Colson so he's getting his own back.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #405 on: July 09, 2009, 09:28:14 pm »
If there's no chapter posted tonight, you know the reason why:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,6973.msg526215.html#msg526215

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #406 on: July 09, 2009, 11:13:34 pm »

and I did it... I might just get to bed by 11 too!!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/317869.html  Chapter 116!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #407 on: July 10, 2009, 12:38:39 pm »
Hope you had fun with your new piano!

SPOILERS

Man oh man, you have that sister bickering down perfectly!   :laugh:

Ya know, yer turnin inta momma.

Ouch.  But I think Pam's got a point, actually .... we learn by example whether we realize it or not. 

So if I recall, it's summer and the girls haven't been able to start college classes yet, right?  Because they need SOMETHING TO DO.  And it shouldn't involve Ellery, Colson, Jeremy or Nick!  Maybe they can help out at the ranch..look for part-time jobs....go the library.....do volunteer work..... basically anything other than what they are doing now!  Thanks, Louise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #408 on: July 10, 2009, 05:59:52 pm »
Hope you had fun with your new piano!

SPOILERS

Man oh man, you have that sister bickering down perfectly!   :laugh:

Ya know, yer turnin inta momma.

Ouch.  But I think Pam's got a point, actually .... we learn by example whether we realize it or not. 

So if I recall, it's summer and the girls haven't been able to start college classes yet, right?  Because they need SOMETHING TO DO.  And it shouldn't involve Ellery, Colson, Jeremy or Nick!  Maybe they can help out at the ranch..look for part-time jobs....go the library.....do volunteer work..... basically anything other than what they are doing now!  Thanks, Louise!

bwah hahahah, can you see Katie Ann going to the library when she's got the answer to all men's dreams in her French dessert cookbook?

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #409 on: July 10, 2009, 06:31:11 pm »
bwah hahahah, can you see Katie Ann going to the library when she's got the answer to all men's dreams in her French dessert cookbook?

:laugh: :laugh:  True.  When she thinks she and her French cookbook can outdo Edna, you know there's no reasoning with her!