Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 259656 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2009, 10:07:29 pm »

Spoilerish!

whew, well I sure hope it was clear by the doctor's satisfaction with the answers that Ellery is adequately oriented in space and time!

And now for chapter 18!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/292814.html

SPOILERS

Yes, it was clear that Ellery knows it's a Thursday in June, 1985, but as for some other things ....  :-\

Nice conversation between Paula and Henry - I like how direct and honest they were with each other, and I thought it was interesting that once they got the Ellery issue out of the way they fell into a easy rapport.  It looks like they may be a good source of support and information for each other, both being relative newcomers in a tight-knit group.   Thanks for the quick updates, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2009, 10:19:21 pm »
... and I always LURV the feedback, Marie!  and Fabienne, and all of you other lurkers!

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2009, 05:41:47 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2009, 06:32:51 pm »
And here is Chapter 19!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/292954.html

SPOILERS

Louise, I do love how your characters don't "act like characters" but rather simply behave as real people do.  Wes's conversation with "Mrs. Hill"  and the exchanges between Wes, Edna and Colson are perfect examples. 

And leave it to Ellery to have such colorfully detailed fantasies!  :laugh: 

“And you have some visitors.”

Ack .... now what?  Don't tell me he's going to ask for the naked Indian brave when Colson gets in the room! 
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2009, 02:01:53 pm »
SPOILERS

Louise, I do love how your characters don't "act like characters" but rather simply behave as real people do.  Wes's conversation with "Mrs. Hill"  and the exchanges between Wes, Edna and Colson are perfect examples. 

And leave it to Ellery to have such colorfully detailed fantasies!  :laugh: 

“And you have some visitors.”

Ack .... now what?  Don't tell me he's going to ask for the naked Indian brave when Colson gets in the room! 

High compliments coming from you, Marie!  And if you want to know what is going to happen next, the truth is, I haven't any idea!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2009, 06:50:28 pm »

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2009, 02:57:37 am »
And here is Chapter 20!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/293241.html

Oh, dear, it never rains but it pours right? And now Esteban's in trouble too...and Nick's mad, Jeremy's upset....

Thank God Joe's stepping up to the plate, and trying to get everyone to focus on the job at hand.

And now the girls are headed to the hospital as well. The nurses better brace themselves!

Thanks Louise.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2009, 01:17:23 pm »
SPOILERS

Oh, dear, it never rains but it pours right? And now Esteban's in trouble too...and Nick's mad, Jeremy's upset....

Thank God Joe's stepping up to the plate, and trying to get everyone to focus on the job at hand.

And now the girls are headed to the hospital as well. The nurses better brace themselves!

Thanks Louise.  :)

Yep, Joe is worth his ample weight in gold.  I wonder if Wes did bring Esteban back too soon?  A lot of unresolved business there ....

And I know Colson loves his girls, but I honestly don't see how their presence can do anything but make matters more tense.   :-\  Maybe Edna can rein them in a bit. 

I hope Deputy Legs is okay.

That's so Nick!  LOL.   It's so interesting to see, not just how many lives are affected by one man, but how deeply they're affected! 

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2009, 01:44:07 pm »

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2009, 04:16:22 pm »
And here's chapter 21:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/293487.html

Wow! This is very intense Louise.

I'm so glad Ellery knew who Colson was. That 'sweetheart' was soooo good.

But now what?  :-\

Thanks for all the quick updates! :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'