Author Topic: Hey Folks... A Gentle Reminder About the Open Forum...  (Read 1781 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Hey Folks... A Gentle Reminder About the Open Forum...
« on: July 13, 2006, 03:23:06 pm »
From time to time I like to remind folks about how we've set up the Open Forum, and with a lot of new people coming in, now is a good time to bring this back to the table.

I want to remind everyone who has been profoundly affected by this movie that it's an emotionally overwhelming experience (as if you needed a reminder!)  I think a lot of us who have come away from seeing it are quite emotionally fragile because of its impact on us, and we are prone to being fiercely protective of how we interpret the meaning of the film.  But each of us will interpret this film in different ways, based on our own experiences and feelings.

It is very important to me that we have respect and tolerance for a wide variety of views about the film.  You may agree or disagree with what others have shared as their personal intepretations, but I'd consider it a major favor if everyone maintains respect for these different views.  And with the emotional impact on our lives, in a life-changing way, it can be destructive to our collective and individual journeys forward if those feelings are criticized or disrespected.  By supporting one another and by keeping comments positive and supporting, we will achieve great things here.

I really appreciate your continued support!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 04:54:45 pm by Phillip »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming