Author Topic: Kerry's Gallery  (Read 64577 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Kerry's Gallery
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2009, 02:46:13 pm »
Have you ever been inspired by BbM in any your paintings?

Oh, that's a good question. I'd be also interested, if you want to share, Kerry.
And yes, keep them coming :).

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2009, 05:51:14 pm »
I agree, that is an excellent question. Have you done any portraits of Jack and Ennis, Kerry? Or perhaps some of the mountain scenes from the movie? :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2009, 06:59:06 pm »
Though portraiture is my first artistic love, I am also enormously fond of abstraction. I love the paintings of Mondrian, Kandinsky and Rothko.

Some years ago, I started painting small 10in x 8in (25cm x 20cm) abstract paintings for my own pleasure and entertainment. They are quite therapeutic to paint because of their small size (the larger canvases are just plain hard work) and I find the finished result conveys a certain contemplative, serene tranquility to any room where they are hung.

Here’s one such painting, in oils on canvas, which I have titled, “Isis in the Midnight Brightly.”

I like this best of the abstracts you have posted so far. I like the colors and the way it makes me 'feel'. I like the black spaces with the white dots (stars) that break up and contrast the bright colors of the rest of the painting.

I LIKE the shading and how there is no one source of light but instead the light seems to come from any or all directions...

very nice!

injest

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2009, 07:02:53 pm »
this one makes me curious...and I think if I saw it in a gallery I would come back to it again....why "Blood in the Water"? I see the red...so uniform and neat...not at all like blood would be in water...so I would think on it and try to feel it more...

injest

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2009, 07:05:57 pm »
and I like the bold black lines!

I like your use of black period. I think some artists shy away from using it. but especially in abstracts it really makes the other colors pop..

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2009, 07:26:53 pm »
Hi Kerry,

I have only recently discovered this thread.  Although I am no artist  I enjoy looking at paintings. I definitely like yours, especially the one of George and the one with the  Modigliani influence. Yes, please, keep more coming. You are an artist in so many ways, very talented.

Have you ever been inspired by BbM in any your paintings?

Years ago I drew a couple of tasteful homoerotic nude studies, but nothing specifically inspired by J&E. It's certainly a good idea for future projects.  :D

My existing nude studies are mild versions of drawings by iconic, homoerotic gay artists, Tom of Finland and Colt. Only difference is, I took the sex out and put the romance in.  ::) They're both framed and at the back of a wardrobe somewhere. I remember, when I took one of them to be framed years ago, the framer refused to frame it. He suggested I try another framer nearby. Gave the excuse that he had a lot of work on and didn't have time to frame my nude. So I took his advice and tried the nearby framer, who turned out to be a cute little Greek guy. We developed a real rapport and I stayed with him for all my framing requirements from then on. Foolish of the other bloke, because I'd given him a lot of business up until that time.   :(

A gal-pal at the time liked one of my homoerotic studies so much, she asked if she could hang it in her home. I was happy to agree because she lived in a beautifully stylish, posh, city apartment, and it looked good there. I wondered why she would want it hanging in her home, until she confessed that she had been working from home as a high-class call-girl. She was, indeed, a very high-class kinda gal, and her apartment was magnificent.

Years later, I was catalogueing my work for a grant I was applying for, and borrowed it back to have photographed. I never got around to returning it to her, and she didn't ask for it. By then, she was no longer working in the same industry and we have since lost track of each other. She was a lovely person, originally from England and very gay-friendly. Wonder where she is now. She had a beautiful daughter.

But I digress. Let me know if you'd like to see my homoerotic drawings. The photos taken for the grant were hardcopy only and have long since gone to god. I would need to take new digital photos. I also have some female nude studies somewhere, drawn from the live model in life class.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2009, 07:30:56 pm »
and I like the bold black lines!

I like your use of black period. I think some artists shy away from using it. but especially in abstracts it really makes the other colors pop..

I agree, Jess. That goes for white too. Because black and white are technically not colours (they do not exist in the spectrum), some snooty artists believe they have no place in art. I have always utilised black in my work. White, not so much so.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2009, 07:40:24 pm »
But I digress. Let me know if you'd like to see my homoerotic drawings. The photos taken for the grant were hardcopy only and have long since gone to god. I would need to take new digital photos. I also have some female nude studies somewhere, drawn from the live model in life class.

I just remembered that I do have a digital photo of one of the homoerotic nude studies, but it's not good quality. Very distant. A photo of a drawing hanging on a wall, rather than of the drawing itself. You can't see the detail. I'll dig out the originals and take new scans.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2009, 07:42:04 pm »
You don't have to ask, Kerry.  We'd love to see your work, homoerotic or otherwise!

injest

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2009, 07:45:19 pm »
Years ago I drew a couple of tasteful homoerotic nude studies, but nothing specifically inspired by J&E. It's certainly a good idea for future projects.  :D

My existing nude studies are mild versions of drawings by iconic, homoerotic gay artists, Tom of Finland and Colt. Only difference is, I took the sex out and put the romance in.  ::) They're both framed and at the back of a wardrobe somewhere. I remember, when I took one of them to be framed years ago, the framer refused to frame it. He suggested I try another framer nearby. Gave the excuse that he had a lot of work on and didn't have time to frame my nude. So I took his advice and tried the nearby framer, who turned out to be a cute little Greek guy. We developed a real rapport and I stayed with him for all my framing requirements from then on. Foolish of the other bloke, because I'd given him a lot of business up until that time.   :(

A gal-pal at the time liked one of my homoerotic studies so much, she asked if she could hang it in her home. I was happy to agree because she lived in a beautifully stylish, posh, city apartment, and it looked good there. I wondered why she would want it hanging in her home, until she confessed that she had been working from home as a high-class call-girl. She was, indeed, a very high-class kinda gal, and her apartment was magnificent.

Years later, I was catalogueing my work for a grant I was applying for, and borrowed it back to have photographed. I never got around to returning it to her, and she didn't ask for it. By then, she was no longer working in the same industry and we have since lost track of each other. She was a lovely person, originally from England and very gay-friendly. Wonder where she is now. She had a beautiful daughter.

oh PLEASE...you KNOW we wanna see!!