Author Topic: Kerry's Gallery  (Read 64588 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: Kerry's Gallery
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2009, 08:34:42 pm »
You'd probably be very disappointed if I told you what "Blood in the Water" is really about. Sometimes, when utilising the technique used in BITW, I just throw paint at the canvas and shove it about until something emerges, after which time I give it a pretentious title. (You didn't hear me say that!) It's not possible to do that with such abstracts as "Isis in the Midnight Brightly," which requires as many preliminary sketches and careful execution as is needed for the detailed completion of a portrait. To be perfectly honest with you (and I'm going to break my own rule here), I painted BITW years ago after grisly reports emerged in the media about someone being eaten by a crocodile in far northern Australia. As simple and mundane as that. It is sometimes better to allow your own imagination and the romance of the paint to do the interpreting, without allowing cold hard banal reality to get in the way.

Thanks for sharing your secrets!  Surely, inspiration comes from various places, be it mundane or sublime.  "Blood in the Water" is ambiguous enough, and better than "Crocodile Drool"!  I'm all for imagination and romance!

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2009, 03:29:13 am »
Let me know if you'd like to see my homoerotic drawings.

You bet! I'd love to see them.

Years ago I drew a couple of tasteful homoerotic nude studies, but nothing specifically inspired by J&E. It's certainly a good idea for future projects.  :D

My existing nude studies are mild versions of drawings by iconic, homoerotic gay artists, Tom of Finland and Colt. Only difference is, I took the sex out and put the romance in.  ::) They're both framed and at the back of a wardrobe somewhere. I remember, when I took one of them to be framed years ago, the framer refused to frame it. He suggested I try another framer nearby. Gave the excuse that he had a lot of work on and didn't have time to frame my nude. So I took his advice and tried the nearby framer, who turned out to be a cute little Greek guy. We developed a real rapport and I stayed with him for all my framing requirements from then on. Foolish of the other bloke, because I'd given him a lot of business up until that time.   :(

As it turned out the the framer who refused it did you a big favour. You  and the Greek  framer were "meant for each other". As for the other block, his loss!

I love abstraction because different people see different things in the painting. I like to encourage this and for that reason, I prefer not to give my own personal meaning to a painting. A friend once told me that when she looked at "Blood in the Water," she imagined she was in a plane flying over Sydney Harbour at night, with all its little bays and inlets, looking down at the lit-up city from high above. Another friend who didn't like it said, "Humph, blood in the water, that looks about right!" She explained her comment to me by saying that she thought it looked like what she regularly saw when she looked in the toilet bowl. Told ya, it's all open to your own interpretation!  ;)

The following is from me, not from Kerry, I don't know how to get it out of the "white quote box". Sorry!
I like painters to give a title to their paintings. With abstracts the title is always a surprise. When I look at Blood in the water I find it very relaxing, happily peaceful. It rests my eyes  (even more so as since yesterday I have been wearing my new multifocal glasses, which are not easy to get used to...). It feels as if the painting is telling me "You can look at me for ever".

Going back to Velvet George, I looked at him again this morning, I do like the way you painted the red velvet cotton shirt. I am always attracted by the way clothes are painted. The folds, the creases, the light, especially those with little patterns.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 09:26:46 am by Lynne »
BbM, I swear

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2009, 05:26:57 am »
I have  looked up Tom of Finland, I don't seem to be able to find Colt though.
BbM, I swear

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2009, 09:09:29 am »
I located the homoerotic drawings!  :D As expected, waaaay in the back of the wardrobe. Had to take everything else out, to get to them.  :(   I've not seen one of them for many years. Gives you an indication how infrequently I clean out the wardrobe!  ::)  Certainly, I've not seen it since the advent of BbM upon my life. I was surprised by it! It reminds me of a certain scene from BbM.  :) But how could that be? It was drawn many years ago, when I was in my 20s. Kinda spooky!  :o  An omen, maybe?  ???  I won't tell you which scene. Maybe it's just me. I'd be interested to know if anyone else picks up on it.  It's nearly midnight here in Sydney Towne and my little bed is calling to me. I'll post the drawing tomorrow. Nighty-night all.  :-*
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2009, 09:13:55 am »
I love the suspense, Kerry!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2009, 09:41:10 am »
I love the suspense, Kerry!

I think Kerry does, too ;D.

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2009, 10:46:05 am »
Lynne,

Thank you for fixing my post!  :-*

Kerry,

I am having a guess: The dosy embrace.
BbM, I swear

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2009, 11:01:21 am »
Lynne,

Thank you for fixing my post!  :-*

Kerry,

I am having a guess: The dosy embrace.

My pleasure, sel...any time you have any problems, just PM any mod online!  It's why we're here.

The dozy embrace is an excellent guess...to be different, I will guess the Siesta motel reunion conversation.   :) :)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2009, 12:42:33 pm »
Looking forward to the new pics!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

injest

« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2009, 07:52:20 pm »
I located the homoerotic drawings!  :D As expected, waaaay in the back of the wardrobe. Had to take everything else out, to get to them.  :(   I've not seen one of them for many years. Gives you an indication how infrequently I clean out the wardrobe!  ::)  Certainly, I've not seen it since the advent of BbM upon my life. I was surprised by it! It reminds me of a certain scene from BbM.  :) But how could that be? It was drawn many years ago, when I was in my 20s. Kinda spooky!  :o  An omen, maybe?  ???  I won't tell you which scene. Maybe it's just me. I'd be interested to know if anyone else picks up on it.  It's nearly midnight here in Sydney Towne and my little bed is calling to me. I'll post the drawing tomorrow. Nighty-night all.  :-*

oh my god.

Who knew Kerry was such a TEASE!!!??

>:( >:( >:(