Author Topic: OK, so who else is thinking of leaving then?  (Read 28241 times)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: OK, so who else is thinking of leaving then?
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2006, 10:25:04 pm »

No f'n way am I thinkin of leavin!!  I'm in!

An just to prove it to ya, watch this (Ruby, you've already seen it):

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2006, 10:33:07 pm »
As if you needed to prove anything, Jane.  But just the same, thank you.

8)

(If there were an icon with a cowboy with a ciggie hanging out of his mouth, I'd have posted that.)
No more beans!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2006, 11:16:53 pm »
Tell you what, the truth is, after I go away for ten days for vacation next month, I don't know if I'll be back.

Oh, I won't wait four fuckin' years to send a damn postcard, but I've pretty much said all I have to say about ol' Brokeback, Ennis and Jack have become such a part of me that they're with me always, and I'm just a mite disillusioned with some of the incivililty that's been creepin' into some of the cracks in this here community.

I got me a situation here, got to figger out what to do. ...  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2006, 11:18:20 pm »
I ain't goin no where...

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2006, 11:30:25 pm »
I'm sitting here, trying to pack for my trip tomorrow but checking things out before I go.  I hope that if I were ever to have a disagreement with someone that bothered me that much that I could try to work it out before ditching this place.  I've avoided people that didn't particularly interest me, and stuck with the folks who have come to mean something to me.

So when I get back, I'm gonna make it a point to be on more and hopefully get to know some of the newer people that I don't know yet.  And rest my weary head in the laps of those that I do know...   :-*

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2006, 12:01:02 am »
Tell you what, the truth is, after I go away for ten days for vacation next month, I don't know if I'll be back.

Oh, I won't wait four fuckin' years to send a damn postcard, but I've pretty much said all I have to say about ol' Brokeback, Ennis and Jack have become such a part of me that they're with me always, and I'm just a mite disillusioned with some of the incivililty that's been creepin' into some of the cracks in this here community.

Jeff, you're my Voice of Reason.  I love how you come into a lengthy discussion and simply put it all in perspective, short and sweet, with a tinge of your trademark humor.  You're the one who helped get the Cult off the ground, with your talk of sacred garments and flattened harmonica rituals.  You're the one who can flourish an "interesting garnish" and try on hot leather garments without batting an eyelash.  You know the secret bandanna code.  You have the greatest smile a Brokie ever smiled (see below).  If you quit me,  I'll have to go live in a beat up trailer and drink reheated coffee and pee in the sink, and I'm just not cut out for that.  So let's have no more talk like that,  y'hear?    :-\

Ich bin ein Brokie...

vkm91941

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2006, 12:05:42 am »
I'm just a mite disillusioned with some of the incivililty that's been creepin' into some of the cracks in this here community.

Well I think a lot of us have been feeling bruised by that.  Now that we can acknowledge and recognize it we need to work on overcoming it.  Mainly by keeping private issues private and not letting ourselves be drawn into other peoples private drama's even when we are encourage to chose sides.  We are in control here, unlike IMDb, this is only as good as we want it to be, only as nice as we make it.

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2006, 12:07:43 am »
If you quit me,  I'll have to go live in a beat up trailer and drink reheated coffee and pee in the sink, and I'm just not cut out for that.  So let's have no more talk like that,  y'hear?    :-\

Oh geez. You can't leave now! Who would want that for our beloved Meryl?

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2006, 12:17:35 am »

If you quit me,  I'll have to go live in a beat up trailer and drink reheated coffee and pee in the sink, and I'm just not cut out for that.  So let's have no more talk like that,  y'hear?    :-\

You can't pee in the sink dummy!  Yur a gurl!!!   ??? :o ::) ;)

sheeesh!
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2006, 12:41:22 am »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(Trying to stop laughing long enough to type. ...)

If you quit me,  I'll have to go live in a beat up trailer and drink reheated coffee and pee in the sink, and I'm just not cut out for that.

Oh, Meryl. ...

We can't have that! I guess you aren't cut out for peeing in the sink, ma'am!

Aw, shucks, thanks for the rest of that, too.

I'm sure I'll manage to torque it back almost to where I've been. There's no news here, really.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.