Author Topic: It's not fair! The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons is scheduled  (Read 2253 times)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
for a Criterion release. We BROKIES have been waiting for a similar deluxe treatment and the film has  been out for several years.
This is not the first instance of a film being picked up by Criterion so swiftly, i.e. The Royal Tenenbaums.   I don't know what Focus Features game plane is.  Does Paramount have more clout to get a Criterion release?  I've already submitted requests to Criterion asking when they will give the groundbreaking BBM the royal  dvd treatment it deserves.  I have never had a response.  >:(

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button on Criterion?!
Posted on Thursday, March 19th, 2009 at 9:17 am by: Peter Sciretta

You know a filmmaker has a lot of pull when he can force a big movie studio to allow him to release his film on DVD/Blu-ray through The Criterion Collection — the distributor and label of choice of film snobs around the world. Paramount Home Entertainment has announced that David Fincher’s The Curious Case of Benjamin Button will be released in a two disc Criterion edition dvd and blu-ray on May 5th 2009. Full press release after the jump

Full article.
http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/03/19/the-curious-case-of-benjamin-button-on-criterion/ 

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
Re: It's not fair! The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons is scheduled
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 12:13:24 pm »
It also usually means you're going to pay through the nose!

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 03:07:26 pm »
It also usually means you're going to pay through the nose!

Well I just checked out SALO, 120 DAYS OF SODOM from the library. Didn't cost me a thing.  :D  It's a two dvd set as well as including a 30 page book on the film.

Hey, a Criterion version of BBM should  include a book (the short story) as well as a two dvd set.  I'd pay for it!  ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 04:23:13 pm »
Well I just checked out SALO, 120 DAYS OF SODOM from the library. Didn't cost me a thing.  :D  It's a two dvd set as well as including a 30 page book on the film.

Hey, a Criterion version of BBM should  include a book (the short story) as well as a two dvd set.  I'd pay for it!  ;)

I would too! :D

I wonder if they will ever do it though?

Anyway, so The Curious Case of Benjamin Button will be released on DVD on May 5th? I will update my DVD thread. The last time I checked they were telling us it wouldn't be released until December 31, but then someone here told me they always say that if they haven't decided on a release date yet.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.