Author Topic: Cowboy Heroes  (Read 15367 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Cowboy Heroes
« on: March 27, 2009, 07:39:53 pm »
Click here for a nostalgic trip with your Cowboy Heroes.....turn sound on to hear Willie Nelson....

http://www.greatdanepro.com/Western%20Stars/index.htm
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

injest

Re: Cowboy Heroes
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 07:47:54 pm »
Click here for a nostalgic trip with your Cowboy Heroes.....turn sound on to hear Willie Nelson....

http://www.greatdanepro.com/Western%20Stars/index.htm

thank you! that was cool!

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 09:37:09 pm »
don't mind me, I am trying to move a thread down...

carry on

Heathen

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 02:11:37 am »
When I was a kid, growing up in the 1950s/60s, my favourite television cowboy was Sugarfoot, full name Tom "Sugarfoot" Brewster, played by Will Hutchins. I had a massive crush on Sugarfoot. Click here for the 1958 trailer:

http://www.archive.org/details/Sugarfoot_Promo_1958

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 02:58:56 am »
And when my hormonally manic, schoolboy imagination wasn't panting over Sugarfoot, I was merrily lusting after Ty Hardin, who played the title role in the 1950s/60s Warner Bros television western "Bronco," playing Bronco Layne. Whereas I was probably in love with Will Hutchins' Sugarfoot, I was most definitely in lust with Ty Hardin's Bronco. What a dream boat! Gasp!

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Katie77

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 03:28:17 am »
I was just about to write in here that one of my favourite cowboy shows was Cheyanne, starring Clint Walker.

I remember my dad used to talk about him all the time.

I then decided to see if there was any info on the net about him.....He is stil alive, 81.....I have looked through all his biographies and nothing mentions about him being married.

I started to put two and two together, remembering how much my dad (who was gay) used to rave about him, and now I'm wonderin, if Clint Walker too, was gay.

I remember my dad saying, what a wonderful body he had......he was right about that....

Offline Katie77

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 03:36:22 am »
Oh yes Kerry......we grew up with the same cowboy shows....

All I can think of was that I was just too bloody naeive back then to look at those cowboys with any hormonal flutters......but looking at them now, I think to myself, how was  I so dam blind.

I can see what the attraction would be to homosexual youths at the time, and as I just mentioned in my previous post, I do remember my dad oggling over some of these actors. Another favourite of dad's was Charles Bronson...he liked the rugged type of guys with the big chests.

The funny thing was.....back then...I didn't even realize why my Dad was such a fan of all these guys, but I do now.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 08:44:50 am »
Well, if it's any consolation, Sue, I'm gay and I have never found Clint Walker (Cheyanne) attractive. Don't know why that's the case. He was just not my glass of tea.  ::)

Sugarfoot and Bronco were my favourites. Oh and I also liked the "The Rifleman," not because of the rifleman father, but because of his quiet, introspective son, who was always so sad because he was mourning his deceased mother. I was about the same age as the son in "The Rifleman," when it aired in Australia in the early 60s, and I related to him on an emotional, as opposed to erotic, level. I was also a very shy, introspective child.

I was also fond of the handsome young actor who played the part of trailherd cook (I think?), Rowdy Yates (sp?) in "Rawhide" (Wow, I can still hear that fabulous theme song in my head). What was his name? Oh yes, Clint Eastwood.  ;)  He was so young and handsome back then.  :)

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 08:59:40 am »
Ty Hardin, Clint Walker, Chuck Connors. ... They were all hawt. ...

And then there was also Robert Horton, who played Flint McCullough on Wagon Train. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Zander

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No reins on me.
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 09:53:06 am »
The is the truth, as a child my first word after mama was Cheyanne - Apparently I loved that program....I wonder why ;D