Author Topic: Photos of "Brokeback Mountain"/Alberta! (ADDED MORE)  (Read 12479 times)

Offline serious crayons

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Photos of "Brokeback Mountain"/Alberta! (ADDED MORE)
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2006, 11:32:47 am »
Thanks for posting these, Amber! The mountains are beautiful, but my favorite was the staircase! Must look funny to anyone not familiar with the movie when they pass by and see BBM-loving tourists gazing longingly at the staircase, taking pictures of the staircase ... and maybe now and then doing even more than that on the staircase!  ;)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2006, 01:28:25 pm »
... and maybe now and then doing even more than that on the staircase!  ;)

LOL I wouldn't have thought of this, but you're right: it's a must  :laugh:

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2006, 01:32:22 pm »
I remember someone posting on another board (can't remember which one) that it has been a very popular location for people to renact the scene - of course!  However, there is a photography shop on the first level, that I hear often sees more than they want to!  *lol*

When we drove away my husband commented that he couldn't believe that I didn't want to throw him against the wall.  I said "correction, I withheld from throwing you against the wall" *lol* I didn't want to disturb the people in the apartments above  :)
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

Offline Amber

• Whiskey anyone?
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2006, 01:48:50 pm »
Holy cow!  I just checked out the site that tamarack posted - ANYTHING you'd ever want to know about filming locations is here!!  If you are visiting the area then this site is a MUST.

I'm totally bummed to learn that I was sooooo close to pinning down some of the sites that I missed.  But at least it gives me a really good reaons to return  :)

Thanks so much for sharing tamarack!
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

Offline JT

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2006, 08:12:36 pm »
!!!!!!!!!!!
That site that tamarack posted was awesome indeed!!  Yes, thank you so much tamarack and thank you too, Amber!  Seeing those picks brings a surge of emotions again.  It makes me want to go there now.