Author Topic: The story - translations...  (Read 9288 times)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The story - translations...
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2006, 09:14:52 am »
:) Don"t get me started on how much I love YOUR avatar. But that goes without saying, I guess... ::)
  ;)  :-*

In the case of this movietitle, translation seems unnecessary - it's the name of a place, and it's called what it's called. There are no cowboys, and there is no secret, so leave those out of it...
Exactly!!

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2006, 09:18:20 am »
Isn't it? Though Mr. Wheatcroft's shirt closes left over right, and Ennis's right over left, so it seems. But still...
  :laugh:  :laugh:

On another PC I also have an image of Wheatcroft 20 years later - aged almost beyond recognition. I found that moving, but shocking too, and it convinced me that in the movie Ennis ages a wee bit too gracefully...
Yes, you are right! But it might have looked odd in the film to age Heath Ledger too much. Some people already criticized that the ageing of the two main characters was badly done (NOT my point of view! - as a matter of fact, I think more and more that they aged both Ennis and Jack very well!).

Can I see Mr Wheatcroft with 20 more years? Pleeze!

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2006, 04:19:32 pm »
Isn't it? Though Mr. Wheatcroft's shirt closes left over right, and Ennis's right over left, so it seems. But still...

Look at the top button of Heath's shirt. Men's shirts close left over right. I think Heath's just appears to close the other way in the photo.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.