Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery  (Read 196364 times)

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery
« Reply #180 on: September 15, 2006, 11:23:17 am »
no worries, Alec... I have no intention of introducing Any B movie actors into the story... the liability is just too high.

But Louise, feel free to go wild with the 1960s television characters -- there are plenty of those from whom we have not yet heard!   ;)

Is anyone else Bewitched by the Performance Thread?  Under its spell?  Jump in, the water's fine!

happy posting, everyone -- Alec
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 11:24:58 am by alec716 »
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2006, 11:33:59 am »
To be honest, Louise, the Performance Thread is more like fishing than anything else.

You just have to let loose then let fly. It was difficult for me at first, but here I am, cavorting among the wild blossoms along with everyone else.

And don't worry about trying to post in the "correct" place. The CD's scene calls are more like general guidelines than exact directions, so we kinda have an idea where we are. If you have something to contribute to the performance in response to anything that has been going on, you can get the ball rolling, juices flowing, (whatever metaphor suits you best here).

So if you're still having difficulty getting into the swing of things, try 1) Letting loose. Start with a blank screen, and then just accept what comes along without trying to direct or guide it in some direction, then 2) Letting Fly. Respond to what comes along with as much humor, freedom, and exhilaration as you can muster; breathe life into the thread and into whatever characters are right there in front of you. And try and remember, its all in fun.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 11:41:28 am by Daniel »
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #182 on: September 17, 2006, 01:34:49 pm »
And fun it is... you guys are hysterical!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #183 on: September 17, 2006, 02:01:34 pm »
And fun it is... you guys are hysterical!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Geri ~ when are you getting a part?  You promised to think about it remember? ..... ;)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #184 on: September 17, 2006, 02:03:01 pm »
Yeah, Young Jack won't be around much longer... Will need someone to fill the part.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #185 on: September 17, 2006, 02:12:03 pm »
To be honest, Louise, the Performance Thread is more like fishing than anything else.

You just have to let loose then let fly. It was difficult for me at first, but here I am, cavorting among the wild blossoms along with everyone else.

And don't worry about trying to post in the "correct" place. The CD's scene calls are more like general guidelines than exact directions, so we kinda have an idea where we are. If you have something to contribute to the performance in response to anything that has been going on, you can get the ball rolling, juices flowing, (whatever metaphor suits you best here).

So if you're still having difficulty getting into the swing of things, try 1) Letting loose. Start with a blank screen, and then just accept what comes along without trying to direct or guide it in some direction, then 2) Letting Fly. Respond to what comes along with as much humor, freedom, and exhilaration as you can muster; breathe life into the thread and into whatever characters are right there in front of you. And try and remember, its all in fun.

You know, I never thought of it this way, but this is a good philosophy for life also. :)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2006, 02:18:31 pm »
Geri ~ when are you getting a part?  You promised to think about it remember? ..... ;)

lol Lucise!  I keep thinking about it. Who would'nt want to get involved with something that looks so much fun.  maybe a surprise guest appearance! I'll sleep on it Lucise! maybe you could give me some ideas? :laugh:

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #187 on: September 17, 2006, 02:20:31 pm »
Yeah, Young Jack won't be around much longer... Will need someone to fill the part.

Those pants are too hard to fill!! especially after your young Jack Daniel!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #188 on: September 17, 2006, 02:23:24 pm »
lol Lucise!  I keep thinking about it. Who would'nt want to get involved with something that looks so much fun.  maybe a surprise guest appearance! I'll sleep on it Lucise! maybe you could give me some ideas? :laugh:

Geri -

Our beloved Monroe, Mika is away enjoying llife somewhere ..  ;D
You could be MONROE till she gets back .. there are some Monroe scenes coming up at the supermarket ..  :D

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #189 on: September 17, 2006, 02:24:56 pm »
You know, I never thought of it this way, but this is a good philosophy for life also. :)

:D So the lesson to be learned from Brokeback Mountain is that we should all go fishing more often?
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.